• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Spurs would probably be someone like Florida. Success pretty much out of nowhere a couple years back, mini dynasty, no one really hates them or has a strong opinion about them, and then a recent resurgence.

The Chosen One said:
Am I the only NBA guy who doesn't follow college basketball?

Also now that ATHE isn't showing any NBA games anymore, where do you guys go now to get streams?

I don't follow as much as i used to. I was never a big fan of it, but I root for UCLA and would follow the team and the major programs. But now that I'm older and have less time, I only follow NBA religiously and NFL heavily. Plus, Ben Howland's offense is so brutal to watch, it's really turned me off to following UCLA games.

Damn about West. Awful. Yeah, I doubt he opts out now. I hope he can recover at least good enough to prove himself a good player for a couple more years. He was very underpaid compared to most players with his production, so for him to do this right before his big payday is just terrible.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Marc Stein said:
In the latest of many recent signals that the Sacramento Kings will be playing in Anaheim next season -- whenever next season starts -- sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the Lakers privately see little hope of rallying the requisite support from other teams needed to block the Kings' move.

The Lakers and Clippers strongly oppose the Kings' move, sources say, because it would bring a third team into their market playing out of a building (Anaheim's Honda Center) that sits just 30 miles away from Staples Center.

But the Lakers and Clippers would need 14 other teams to oppose the Kings' relocation when it reaches the voting stage. They will undoubtedly have a few supporters -- big-market teams such as Golden State that don't want to see another franchise move right into their neighborhood as the Kings are planning in Southern California -- but one source said there are already strong indications in circulation that the Kings will be able to secure the minimum 16 votes required (and maybe more) to clinch the simple majority needed to ratify any proposed relocation.
Sucks, man.

LovingSteam said:
For those of you who have torn your Achilles, what does it feel like? Yes it hurts, shooting pain, but do you actually feel as though something is torn? I have never torn any tendons or anything of that nature so I don't know.

I tore my Achilles years ago. The moment it happened, it definitely felt different than a bone break or a normal sprain. It felt like my ankle was being stretched out, so I guess that's the feeling of it being torn.

After a couple days, it was mostly just a soreness I guess. It would often feel hot, but I wouldn't say it was a constant feeling of a tear. Shooting pains as you mention definitely would come and go. Pain meds helped to hide it, of course. I don't remember too much about my post ankle pain. My underarms got sore from the crutches because I had to walk a lot; I remember that pain more.

SamuraiX-

The Chosen One said:
Am I the only NBA guy who doesn't follow college basketball?

Also now that ATHE isn't showing any NBA games anymore, where do you guys go now to get streams?

I just started getting into it more this season.

I'm starting to like it more than NBA basketball, which is LOL worthy.

SamuraiX-

West Out For Season With Torn Left ACL

RealGM said:
An MRI exam Friday revealed that New Orleans Hornets' forward David West suffered a torn ACL Thursday night when his left knee buckled late in regulation in an eventual overtime victory over Utah.

The Hornets immediately feared that West suffered a season-ending injury when it happened, but Friday's MRI confirmed the severity of the injury, which means a months-long absence for West entering what was thought to be a lucrative free-agent summer for him.

One source close to West said the Hornets' power forward is hoping to complete his rehab in six months.

Earning a relatively modest $7.5 million this season for a two-time All-Star, West has resisted attempts by the Hornets at various points of the season to sign a contract extension that would keep him off the market. West will now have to decide whether to opt out of the final year of his contract in spite of the injury or, at age 31, play out the final season, which is also valued at $7.5 million.

Damn. Fucking sucks. I was anticipating the Hornets to make some noise in the Playoffs against the Lakers.

SamuraiX- said:
I just started getting into it more this season.

What's annoying is that this time of year everyone always starts talking about college bball and the Final Four and I can't speak on it, so I look like a chump. I try to drop some knowledge on the NBA, but they don't want to hear it.

With college basketball it goes beyond the sport and it's also about school pride, so you have a lot of people paying attention not just basketball heads. But me, I didn't go to college and my parents went to Harvard, which doesn't exactly have a strong basketball program, so I never got into the school loyalty aspect of March Madness...

...but at the very least it's good scouting for the NBA so I really should be paying more attention.

New Orleans:

@ Phx
@LAL
Por
Mem
Indy
Hou
Phx
@Mem
Utah (b2b)
@Dallas

Memphis:

@Chi
SAS
GSW
@NOH
Minn (b2b)
LAC
Sac
NOH
@Por
@LAC (b2b)

Houston:

@Miami
@NJN
@Philly (b2b)
SAS
Atl
Sac
NOH (b2b)
LAC
Dal
@Minn

Portland:

SAS
@OKC
@SAS (b2b)
@NOH
OKC
Dal
GSW
@Utah
LAL (b2b)
Mem
@GSW (b2b)

Wow, WTF @ Portland's schedule. They better not drop to 7th! beat da spurs and thunder!

Portland has the toughest schedule, IMO. Then Houston. NOH and memphis is about the same. I'd say NOH has a good shot to make it if that final Dallas game will be Dallas scrubs and if they can not lose out completely to Mem/houston.

The Hornets organization is in such a state right now that the word contraction comes to mind.

West basically said he was leaving not long ago--going as far as to say that most of his family was out of the area and hinting that his loyalty left with them. Paul will be gone as well. No owner. That shit is terrible.

Something has to give in the NBA. The amount of fluctuation in terms of teams moving, constant ownership changes and etc is just so crazy at the moment given the popularity of the sport and the amount of gifted players in the world. I hope that something is improved with the new CBA.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Dark FaZe said:
Something has to give in the NBA. The amount of fluctuation in terms of teams moving, constant ownership changes and etc is just so crazy at the moment given the popularity of the sport and the amount of gifted players in the world. I hope that something is improved with the new CBA.
The next CBA is going to really change the economics of the league. As it stands, the system is broken. According to Forbes, 17 teams lost money last year. That's crazy.

This lockout is going to be good for the league.

The M.O.B

I really wanted Da'sean Butler on Miami, and promising young guy instead of a bunch of worn out vets.

And can we please let Pittman get some action.

Truphenom

The Hornets need to drop at least 1 spot in the playoffs so that the Lakers can actually get a challenge, im tired of seeing them sharpen their teeth against 1st round fodder.

Smokey

masud said:
ht8m12.jpg

Jackass...

DONNY HAS A PLAN!

Ain't heard from chars bustin ass the last few weeks after that "MOREY HAS A PLAN" snickering bs...wonder why lolz

Darkman M

Truphenom said:
The Hornets need to drop at least 1 spot in the playoffs so that the Lakers can actually get a challenge, im tired of seeing them sharpen their teeth against 1st round fodder.

You are getting the Lakers mistaken with a team out least, there are no freebies out west.

Zach Lowe said:
Just off the phone with Memphis GM Chris Wallace--he's confident Grizz will extend Randolph by deadline and re-sign Gasol.

Kind of an interesting core if Z-bo doesn't go Coleman now that he has no more money to play for and if Mayo can turn it back around.

http://twitter.com/#!/ZachLowe_SI/status/51421875150135296

DCX

DCX
charsace said:
Well I want them with our pick and if we have a second I would like Chandler Parsons on the knicks. I think Parsons will be a steal.
um..Dude from Morehead State..we need toughness.

DCX

Game soon. Just fucking watch it.

fridaynightknicksmini.jpg

Friday Night Knicks!!!

Don't mind riding the bus,
Don't mind taking the train,
Don't mind wearing walking shoes running to the game,
Knicks on Friday Night,
M-S-G is the place to be,
Whatever it takes to make it there I'll do it all again... (HEEYYYYYY)

I gotta GET THERE...
as fast as I can! (eyyy)
I gotta get there...
Friday Night Knicks I'm a fan!
I gotta get there...
Please understand,
We're talking Friday Night Knicks on MSG
You got a front row seat,
I do it just to get there!!!

fnk-dl-440x244.jpg

Truphenom

Darkman M said:
You are getting the Lakers mistaken with a team out least, there are no freebies out west.

Na the Hornets would be a freebie. All the other match ups are competitive except for who ever plays the Hornets. Hawks and Pacers should be able to make it interesting, maybe the Knicks if they play anyone but the Celtics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom