• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omiee said:
thats what is weird about all of this, they were doing fine without that guy even playing.

When your GM basically says "fuck camaraderie and your championship window, we tryna' get paid son," it's not really surprising to see the players not give a fuck about playing championship basketball in March, particularly at home.

The Crimson Blur said:
I don't get why everyone thinks thats so hard. Thats a below average schedule for us. Southwest division is a bitch like that.

Don't overrate the Bulls so much. They are still a dark horse. Their record isn't as impressive as everyone is making it out to be...Central division is the weakest division in all of sports. Plus they are inexperienced. Even if we lose HCA to them, I won't really care. Its not like they'll be in the finals anyway.

Why do people cite divisions as if they matter? It's like a difference of six games, total. In the end, it's probably almost no difference when the likelihood of those 6 being the toughest or easiest 6 is really small.

Omiee

Sho_Nuff82 said:
When your GM basically says "fuck camaraderie and your championship window, we tryna' get paid son," it's not really surprising to see the players not give a fuck about playing championship basketball in March, particularly at home.

i love seeing them struggle like this but im not writing them off, if we meet them in the finals it will not be easy

Cloudy

Banned
giri said:
If last year taught us anything, the celts can turn it on when ever they want to basically.

Though i'm surprised they are losing to the people they are.

Rondo wasn't hurt last year. He's the guy who makes that team go and they are just not that good w/o him at 100%

giri

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Perkins isn't the be-all of the celtics.

They basically took the regularl season off entirely last year, and just turned up to send LBJ to miami and send the finals to 7 games.

giri said:
I hate dan gilbert so much. I'm now recieving typed up forms with Comic Sans as the font. This is professional documentation for corporate clients.

I actually heard him speak Friday in Detroit. No joke. I'll pass along your hatred of Comic Sans.

Cloudy

Banned
Black Mamba said:
Why do people cite divisions as if they matter? It's like a difference of six games, total. In the end, it's probably almost no difference when the likelihood of those 6 being the toughest or easiest 6 is really small.

Take 6 wins off the Bulls record and they are the 4th seed

Omiee

giri said:
Perkins isn't the be-all of the celtics.

They basically took the regularl season off entirely last year, and just turned up to send LBJ to miami and send the finals to 7 games.

do they have enough left to reach the finals again this year though.

Black Mamba said:

What? The fact that the Spurs have the best record in the NBA but haven't clinched their division when 3 other teams has says the division you play in does matter.

Black Mamba said:

You don't think there is a difference between being in the Central and the Southwest division? You serious?

Yes, its more than the West/East difference. Much more. The Spurs would be a 70 win team in the Central division, no lie. Bulls would struggle to hit 55 in the SW.

giri

Cloudy said:
Rondo wasn't hurt last year. He's the guy who makes that team go and they are just not that good w/o him at 100%
I'm not saying he doesn't add to the team, but the lakers basically neutralised him, and they still went to 7 games. The celtics, even on O, aren't about 1 person, it's about Ray, Paul, Kevin.

Cloudy

Banned
Black Mamba said:
So you're saying there are 6 eastern teams they'd lose to if they had 1 extra game against those 6 teams? Really?

I'm saying 6 extra games vs crap competition isn't insignificant

obijkenobi said:
What? The fact that the Spurs have the best record in the NBA but haven't clinched their division when 3 other teams has says the division you play in does matter.

No, it just means Dallas has a good record.

Everyone in your conference plays the same 72 games (not counting not playing yourself). That means you have only 4 total teams you play 3 times in your conference.

Those 4 games are not going to be the difference between elite and just good. Could those 4 games swing a 1 or 2 game difference in a seeding race? Sure. But they don't change how good a team is.

Divisions don't matter in the NBA. TEveryone in the West and everyone in the East will have nearly the same SOS. The majority of the discrepency in the difference among a conference will be from not playing yourself: Hence, T-Wolves will have a harder SoS than Spurs.

I'm saying 6 extra games vs crap competition isn't insignificant

But it's not. It's a mix of good and crap. Chicago and Miami, for instance, only play 3 against one another this season, so you'd have to add one in there.

Everyone regresses to .500 by the end of the year.

Omiee

Black Mamba said:

You play more games against the guys in your division, believe me if your in a easy division its much easier to clinch a playoff seat.

Darkman M

giri said:
I'm not saying he doesn't add to the team, but the lakers basically neutralised him, and they still went to 7 games. The celtics, even on O, aren't about 1 person, it's about Ray, Paul, Kevin.

This.Garnett, the actress, and Ray Allen all worry me more to be honest.

Tom Penny

I am always excited when glen Davis is leading the team in shot attempts. He's averaging .25 assists a game the last 20 or so. Fantastic team player.

Omiee said:
You play more games against the guys in your division, believe me if your in a easy division its much easier to clinch a playoff seat.

You play the other 4 teams in your division 4 times. You play 6 of the other 10 conference teams 4 times. It's only FOUR teams you play 3 times out of 15. 4 games out of an 82 game season.

It's doesn't make a difference.

Darkman M

Cloudy said:
Thing is, Rondo makes them all more effective than they are without him

Of course they are better with him, but LA does a good job against him, Garnett is the one matchup that cause serious problems.

Tom Penny said:
I am always excited when glen Davis is leading the team in shot attempts. He's averaging .25 assists a game the last 20 or so. Fantastic team player.

Gotta give Baby minutes, Krstic is averaging 5.1 fouls per 36 minutes since he joined the Celtics. Who knew playing defense could be so much work?

Omiee

Black Mamba said:
You play the other 4 teams in your division 4 times. You play 6 of the other 10 conference teams 4 times. It's only FOUR teams you play 3 times out of 15. 4 games out of an 82 game season.

It's doesn't make a difference.

tell that to LA who if they win tonight will be 4 games behind.

Tom Penny

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Gotta give Baby minutes, Krstic is averaging 5.1 fouls per 36 minutes since he joined the Celtics. Who knew playing defense could be so much work?

So that means Baby should shoot the ball 80% of the time he touches it.?The guy is a selfish asshole. How do you have like 10 games in a row without an assist playing 25 to 30 minutes a game.

Tom Penny

dream said:
No, not really. I've just been trying different things to find a bright side to all this since the Perk trade.

Yeah. That 2 points Perk has chipped in for OKC tonight is the difference. I mean defensively the C'z are getting raped. The T Wolves are shooting 36 percent.

dream

Perk helped team chemistry and brought all those intangibles mentioned when someone asks why Derek Fisher is a starting point guard.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
dream said:
Perk helped team chemistry and brought all those intangibles mentioned when someone asks why Derek Fisher is a starting point guard.

I really don't buy that at all. They were plenty fine without him on the floor. When Shaq comes back, and if Rondo can get his head on straight somehow, then they'll be able to take a run at it, but for right now they're dead in the water.

Cloudy

Banned
rearviewmirro.jpg

Tom Penny

dream said:

Intangibles. Are you trying to convince me he's going to make the offense not suck ass like it has lately? Please. They team is going were Ray, Pierce, KG and Rondo take them. They have been playing like trash. It's as simple as that. I'm sure they miss 2 illegal picks he'd set on offense though. The defense hasn't missed a beat overall.

Cloudy

Banned
dream said:

Perk also produced on the court consistently. Fish is dogmeat

Derwind

Cloudy said:
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2499/rearviewmirro.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Kobe cut into Bostons's lane. Doc Rivers looks pissed about it, so he's tailgating. And Dirk just horrified at the road rage he's witnessing. XD

Meanwhile, Spurs just cruising the season. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom