• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

I'm not one to advocate violence (okay I am) but this seems like good time for Nash and Hill to straight up attack Frye for that shit.

Branduil

Possibly the hardest to watch Dallas-Phoenix game in over 10 years.

Jon Barry is so dumb, I can't believe he actually suggested getting rid of charging fouls.

Branduil said:
Possibly the hardest to watch Dallas-Phoenix game in over 10 years

Yup. Used to love this matchup. But Dallas was obviously tired and had dead legs early on night two of a back to back and Phoenix is just an average team now. How sad for Nash.

Branduil said:

Jon Barry is so dumb, I can't believe he actually suggested getting rid of charging fouls.

I cant believe hes still on the air..Hes just turrrrible

sf2fanatic said:
I cant believe hes still on the air..Hes just turrrrible
Makes me wish for Tom Tolbert to come back.

tom_tolbert_292.jpg

I actually hate the charge foul, even though I think Jon Barry is annoying. Not all offensive fouls, of course, but most charge fouls. Imagine how much better the game would be with people actually trying to prevent the shot rather than stand in their way.

giri

Black Mamba said:
I actually hate the charge foul, even though I think Jon Barry is annoying. Not all offensive fouls, of course, but most charge fouls. Imagine how much better the game would be with people actually trying to prevent the shot rather than stand in their way.
LBJ would shoot roughly 400 ft's a game.

That's just stupid.

giri said:
LBJ would shoot roughly 400 ft's a game.

That's just stupid.

Because LBJ is called for so many charges now, amirite?

Players would challenge the shot, instead. That's actually how it usually happens with LBJ since players don't try to take a legit charge on him much.

On the flip side, I'd compensate defenses by ensuring the bull-rush bullshit where you lead with your shoulder into a defensive player's body is an offensive foul.

Zep

Banned
Nobody posted pics from Bobby Sura's 38th birthday bash? shiiiiit

lZbBh.jpg

with (his only) special guest

QI0QT.jpg

featuring midgets

YsWuH.jpg

underage girls

bobbysurasbirthdayparty.jpg

and....miguel?

fGAlV.jpg

diehard

Fleer
CJ Miles gave a good interview, saying how hard it has been with Sloan and Deron leaving, how stuff like that Okafor shot at the buzzer has basically broken their spirit. CJ Hate subsided a little bit for now.

KingGondo

Banned
pilonv1 said:
New York 35-38
Golden State 32-42

Just sayin
Congrats, Golden State would be a lower playoff seed in the East (especially considering the strength of competition).

(I do wish that the playoffs were seeded by overall record and not just by conference...)

pilonv1 said:
New York 35-38
Golden State 32-42

Just sayin

Also, both teams look likely to lose out to end the season.

CJ Miles gave a good interview, saying how hard it has been with Sloan and Deron leaving, how stuff like that Okafor shot at the buzzer has basically broken their spirit. CJ Hate subsided a little bit for now.

Is it online to listen to?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Bumblebeetuna said:
I hope commish enjoyed this one.

Didn't even watch. Once we traded for the shitty Aaron Brooks, I lost interest until next year. I just don't understand the management of this team. Doesn't make sense. I think that any team that aims for .500 basketball is wasting their time.

masud said:
We just lost 9 of our last 10 games and we still have a better record. And we're going to the playoffs.

Just sayin

I for one can't wait for the season to be over so that the Knicks can be fodder for our first round opponent, and then:

A.
- D'antoni is fired, a defensive-oriented coaching staff is assembled
- a center is acquired
- Billups is bought out and a PG is acquired

B.
- D'antoni is retained, but a defensive-minded assistant is brought in
- a center is acquired
- Billups is retained and a competent, pass-first backup is acquired
- One of Gallinari or Mozgov is brought back to NY

C.
- a meteor collides with James Dolan's home

I'm just saltier than normal right now.

This team should be above .500 after that trade, with all the shitty teams we've faced since then - the Cavs, Pacers, Bucks, Bobcats, and so on. Instead, it's 2 games or so below, can't establish any offensive competency anymore, can't defend, can't rebound, is so undersized that it gets destroyed by any team with a 7-footer, and has a PG rotation of an injured old man/an even older man/an undersized shooting guard - none of which who can move the ball quickly or set up the pick and roll competently. Plus Amare is on tired legs (and may even be hurting), and the bench is probably league-worst (aside from Douglas).

Billups/Douglas/Carter/Rautins
Fields/Mason/Walker
Melo/Extra E/Brown
Amare/S. Williams/Balkman
Turiaf/Jeffries

We are food for anything we face in the first round, guaranteed. Heat, Bulls, Celtics, Magic...doesn't matter. I'm glad we'll make the playoffs, but in order to do anything going forward we need a legitimate center, much-improved PG play, and coaching that stresses defense for 48 minutes.

Yeah, I mad.

Branduil said:

Finally someone agrees with the theory i presented here and got smashed. Jon Barry knows what´s up.

It's because Carmelo is the second coming of Marbury like the NY papers are saying. Next Isiah's going to come back full time (as has also beeb rumoured), get OJ Mayo to share the back court with Chauncey, and hire Jerry Sloan who will promptly go insane and trot out 43 different starting lineups in the first 52 games. Also, some center wil get sign to a long term deal and instantly give up any pretence of being a professional athlete.

Look into your hearts, you know this to be true.

It is the prophecy.

dream said:
Has this video showing how the NBA time travel commercials are made been posted?

I actually thought this Nash one was just old footage from his college days with new dialogue ADRed in. I didn't realize the cmon Steve kid was actually an actor. Pretty cool stuff.

Very cool. I wondered how they actually did those. I was starting to believe because the footage was so perfect that they just found kids somehow that look almost like their nba counterparts.

captmcblack said:
I'm just saltier than normal right now.

This team should be above .500 after that trade, with all the shitty teams we've faced since then - the Cavs, Pacers, Bucks, Bobcats, and so on. Instead, it's 2 games or so below, can't establish any offensive competency anymore, can't defend, can't rebound, is so undersized that it gets destroyed by any team with a 7-footer, and has a PG rotation of an injured old man/an even older man/an undersized shooting guard - none of which who can move the ball quickly or set up the pick and roll competently. Plus Amare is on tired legs (and may even be hurting), and the bench is probably league-worst (aside from Douglas).

Billups/Douglas/Carter/Rautins
Fields/Mason/Walker
Melo/Extra E/Brown
Amare/S. Williams/Balkman
Turiaf/Jeffries

We are food for anything we face in the first round, guaranteed. Heat, Bulls, Celtics, Magic...doesn't matter. I'm glad we'll make the playoffs, but in order to do anything going forward we need a legitimate center, much-improved PG play, and coaching that stresses defense for 48 minutes.

Yeah, I mad.
Give up on Moz, he's controlled for 2 years cheap by Denver. I'd be very interested in what the Knicks can get in the draft at C, I wonder if they can trade down... I mean Knicks need a few guys and I'd rather trade down to get multiple picks, but is it worth it when an NBA option is available?

Knicks were food (except in a few matchups) anyway. Don't think like the deluded Knicks fans who thought the team was suddenly making a ECF run with this deal. This deal was all about the future, but yeah they need to get on the same page. Extra E is playing with two bum fingers on his shooting hand, The Centurion (Turiaf) has a balky knee/ankle, Knucklehead is out of the rotation again, Billups still looks lost, and Jeffries still sucks. I mean my hope at the beginning of the year was .500 and the playoffs... let's say they make the playoffs with a 39-43 record, and get swept in the 1st round. How will fans view the year as a whole? How do I? I have no idea.

TylerD

Did anyone hear the booing in OKC after the offensive foul on Durant for his 5th foul? That was by far the longest booing session I have been a part of. It must have been at least 5 mins of booing. I think it ended up getting us a call or two!

I was going back and forth from booing to laughing hysterically. That was such a great atmosphere and I can't wait to experience a home playoff game.

Just have to take care of Golden State Tuesday night and I get my wanted 5-1 in the 6 game home stand. Hilarious that the 1 loss would be to the Raps.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I'm still trying to figure out how the Thunder managed to commit 10 more PF in the game, yet had more FTA. I just can't explain it.

diehard

Fleer
reilo said:
I'm still trying to figure out how the Thunder managed to commit 10 more PF in the game, yet had more FTA. I just can't explain it.
The simple answer would be shooting fouls vs. non shooting fouls.

The real answer is FTHUNDER culture.

Edit: Frankman how did you get your tag and can we trade?

Jeff-DSA

TylerD said:
Did anyone hear the booing in OKC after the offensive foul on Durant for his 5th foul? That was by far the longest booing session I have been a part of. It must have been at least 5 mins of booing. I think it ended up getting us a call or two!

Man, I can't imagine the shock and awe of the OKC crowd seeing a call go against them in that building. It had to be confusion at the highest possible levels.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Ooooh boy...

Cowherd just said:

- LeBron would lead the Heat to 60 games, without Wade/Bosh
- LeBron might be the second best player we've ever seen.
- The fact that he plays so well with other stars is exactly why he's the MVP
- Derrick Rose plays under no pressure
- He laughs at Rose being the MVP

Lmao, and that's not even everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom