• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPREME1

Banned
reilo said:
amare-classy-clothes-1.jpg

Fucking Knickster.

giri

SamuraiX- said:
He also crashes the boards, can finish strong, and is just an overall force in the paint. He's big but he also plays his roll extremely effectively and doesn't just stand around. And teams like Amar'''e's don't get far in the Playoffs. We both know that it's more about size and controlled tempo when you're talking about advancing through the post season. Injuries or not, he's worth what he's getting paid right now. Once he hits double digits in the millions is when I would agree with you.
Eh, i think he's over paid. Not grossly over paid, but over paid. Dem knee's worry me, much like bynums knee's worry everyone else. about 6M per is what he's worth, and about he brings to the team.

msdstc said:
I still don't buy that the Celts "killed themselves" with this trade. Why if they were 23-4 without Perk do they need him to win? I understand with him you have quite a bit of depth if you have a healthy shaq here, but now with these offensive big men, and the possibilities of mixing and matching including- KG at center, Green at the 4, Murphy at the 4/5, Krstic at Center, and even a healthy JO. A second unit that consists of- Delonte, Brewer, Green, Murphy, and Krstic, is better than a handful of starting teams out there. You can choose to go defensive/offensive, big/small. This trade got rid of dead weight in- Nate Robinson, Semi, Harrangody, and Daniels. Tons of depth, and if healthy a ton of big men. If they're healthy they're still IMO out in front.

that record had Shaq and/or JO mostly and was against a weak overall schedule.

The guys added, Murphy and Green, are atrocious defenders.

Lol @ Deltone, Brewer, Green, Murphy, Krstc being better than a handful of starters. Maybe the Cavs, but that's it.

The M.O.B

MiamiWesker said:
I am still on a trip, I am so out of it in terms of news. So we let go of Arroyo and got Bibby. I dont know what to feel, will this do anything?

Nope, more consistent 3pt shooter though than Arroyo. If he can make wide open lay-ups he might finally get Chalmers out of that starting spot.

Sanjuro

Celtics are interested in Corey Brewer and Kelenna Azubuike to fill their final roster spot.

I think the later would make a great fit on the team.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Celtics are interested in Corey Brewer and Kelenna Azubuike to fill their final roster spot.

I think the later would make a great fit on the team.

Knicks siad Buike was cut because he wouldn't be healthy enough to play this season. I didn't realize he was even on the market.

Sanjuro

Black Mamba said:

Lol @ Deltone, Brewer, Green, Murphy, Krstc being better than a handful of starters. Maybe the Cavs, but that's it.
JO is hardly in the equation. I'm not worried about Shaq going foward.

Lol @ Nate, Perkins, Luke, Daniels being better than a handful of starters...it works both ways genius.

Tom Penny

Black Mamba said:

They beat the Bulls, Orl , Heat twice, San Antonio Lakers OKC all without Perk. They don't make the schedule.

xnipx

Al's been one of the better wizards since coming here when healthy. I guess this means howard and blatche are here to stay :-/

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
JO is hardly in the equation. I'm not worried about Shaq going foward.

Lol @ Nate, Perkins, Luke, Daniels being better than a handful of starters...it works both ways genius.

let's not set up a strawman, here. I never argued either bench unit was as good as any starting unit.

If you think Shaq can give 30mpg, then yeah I wouldn't be worried. If not, then I would.

In the playoffs, the rotations would have been shorter anyway. erden was never going to play. Neither was Harongady.

Rondo-West
Allen-West/Daniels
Pierce-Daniels
KG-Baby
Perk-Shaq/KG

Is better than:

Rondo-West
Allen-West/Wafer
Pierce-Green
KG-Baby/Green
Shaq-Murphy/Krstc

No idea how the backup C rotation will be. Someone between Krstc and Murphy will be left out.

Either way, your bench went from a good defensive bench to a poor one. Not the trade-off I'd make if I win based on defense.

FWIW, I don't think this "killed" the Cs. It depends who they meet. Should still beat Miami. Chicago was hard either way. LAL, SAS however, not convinced anymore.

giri

Black Mamba said:
let's not set up a strawman, here. I never argued either bench unit was as good as any starting unit.

If you think Shaq can give 30mpg, then yeah I wouldn't be worried. If not, then I would.

In the playoffs, the rotations would have been shorter anyway. erden was never going to play. Neither was Harongady.

Rondo-West
Allen-West/Daniels
Pierce-Daniels
KG-Baby
Perk-Shaq/KG

Is better than:

Rondo-West
Allen-West/Wafer
Pierce-Green
KG-Baby/Green
Shaq-Murphy/Krstc

No idea how the backup C rotation will be. Someone between Krstc and Murphy will be left out.

Either way, your bench went from a good defensive bench to a poor one. Not the trade-off I'd make if I win based on defense.

FWIW, I don't think this "killed" the Cs. It depends who they meet. Should still beat Miami. Chicago was hard either way. LAL, SAS however, not convinced anymore.
I think you're over rating the fuck out of marquise daniels. He was a nice player, but guy's offensive game wasn't varejao good.

Tom Penny said:
They beat the Bulls, Orl , Heat twice, San Antonio Lakers OKC all without Perk. They don't make the schedule.

How many of those without Shaq? Perk played in both LAL games. Did Bulls have Noah-Boozer both playing?

And as I said, this didn't kill them. I just think this hurts them if they match up with LAL and probably SAS in the end. Dwight will probably own them, but I don't trust the rest of that squad, regardless.

They can beat Miami without Perk.

Sanjuro

Black Mamba said:

Rondo-West
Allen-West/Daniels
Pierce-Daniels
KG-Baby
Perk-Shaq/KG

Is better than:

Rondo-West
Allen-West/Wafer
Pierce-Green
KG-Baby/Green
Shaq-Murphy/Krstc

What are you talking about? Erden was probably the biggest loss of the bunch.

KG isn't a center.

West has been hurt all year and continues to be. He is not a SG.

Green is better than Daniels, Daniels is still banged up.

So again, what are you talking about?

giri said:
I think you're over rating the fuck out of marquise daniels. He was a nice player, but guy's offensive game wasn't varejao good.

Daniels is a mediocre player at best, but he played his role on that team well.

When he was in the game, he often played with Nate and Ray who are offensive threats. In the playoffs, you rarely see full benches. Benches are usually a mixed unit (suns were pretty unique here, though Amar'e was usually out there last playoffs).

Daniels role was to play decent D, which he did, and not F up on offense. Green, on the other hand, has been an inefficient offensive player and porous defensive one. Granted he's often out of position for defense, but Boston is hinging on a lot from him.

As i said over and over again, my position is based on the belief that I don't thin Green is any good at all.

SamuraiX-

I still think going after Corey Brewer is a bad move by Boston. Guy has been absolutely scrubalicious for four straight seasons now and he weighs like 90 pounds.

Thornton Receives Buyout, Will Sign With Warriors

RealGM said:
Washington Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld announced today that the team has waived forward Al Thornton after coming to an agreement on a contract buyout.

“The additions of Rashard Lewis and Mo Evans combined with Josh Howard’s return from injury gave us a logjam at the small forward spot,” said Grunfeld. “Coming to terms on a contract buyout with Al was mutually beneficial, as it allows us to clear space in the rotation and allows him the chance to pursue an opportunity with another team.”

Bill Duffy, Thornton's agent, tells Yahoo! that his client has a 'desirable destination'. The Washington Post reports that Thornton will sign with the Warriors if he clears waivers.

Now this is a guy Boston should have gone after.

Very nice pick up for the Warriors if he really intendeds to sign there.

Sanjuro

So what you are saying is, Jeff Green < A player that might not play this season?

Laker fans usually aren't this dumb.

Sanjuro

SamuraiX- said:
I still think going after Corey Brewer is a bad move by Boston. Guy has been absolutely scrubalicious for four straight seasons now and he weighs like 90 pounds.

Thornton Receives Buyout, Will Sign With Warriors

Now this is a guy Boston should have gone after.

Very nice pick up for the Warriors if he really intendeds to sign there.
He would be like getting a taller Nate in my mind. Would have loved Thornton.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
What are you talking about? Erden was probably the biggest loss of the bunch.

KG isn't a center.

West has been hurt all year and continues to be. He is not a SG.

Green is better than Daniels, Daniels is still banged up.

So again, what are you talking about?

Erden? lol. Anytime he was in the game the team was terrible. 109 points per 100 on D, bad O. He's a C with a low rebounding rate and high TO rate. He's looked bad whenever I watched, minus a series of plays here and there.

Erden was going to get 0 playoff minutes unless there was massive foul trouble.

KG isn't a C, no shit. But he has played some minutes there this season (roughly 60). And he might do so when LAL play Odom (KG on Pau, baby on Odom) or Spurs when they go small (Green on Jefferson, KG on Duncan).

I stated my position on Green.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
SamuraiX- said:
He didn't sign with anybody yet.

And best +/- on the Wolves. Check the stats.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
So what you are saying is, Jeff Green < A player that might not play this season?

Laker fans usually aren't this dumb.

He's not worse than having nobody. I'm not directly comparing Green to 0 Daniels.

But you gave up Perk to get him. What you lost in overall interior defense & rebounding in general will be more than whatever the fuck Green gives you, IMO.

We'll see who is right come playoff time.

Sanjuro

Black Mamba said:
He's not worse than having nobody. I'm not directly comparing Green to 0 Daniels.

But you gave up Perk to get him. What you lost in overall interior defense off the bench will be more than whatever the fuck Green gives you, IMO.

We'll see who is right come playoff time.
...Perkins hasn't been here all year. He is hurt. He was not resigning with us after the season.

smfh.

Branduil

It will be funny if we can't get Brewer over Boston even though he could start here while in Boston he'd fight for bench minutes with Jeff Green.

And by funny I mean typical.

Tom Penny

SamuraiX- said:

Really doesn't matter at this point. He's more fouls for Lebron or whomever. They are just adding whatever to the team to add depth. It would surprise me if they added scrub Arroyo as insurance for D West.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
...Perkins hasn't been here all year. He is hurt. He was not resigning with us after the season.

smfh.

Green is going to command the same money as Perk, so why trade him for Green?

Since Perk came back, Boston has shed about 2 points off their points per 100 defense. That's a lot in such a short time.

If Shaq is healthy and can give a lot of minutes, it may not matter. But that's a big gamble.

If Green, Murphy, Krstc, Baby combine for 35+ mpg at the 4/5 spots, Boston is going to lose a series.

Sanjuro

Black Mamba said:
Green is going to command the same money as Perk, so why trade him for Green?

Since Perk came back, Boston has shed about 2 points off their points per 100 defense. That's a lot in such a short time.

If Shaq is healthy and can give a lot of minutes, it may not matter. But that's a big gamble.

If Green, Murphy, Krstc, Baby combine for 35+ mpg at the 4/5 spots, Boston is going to lose a series.
G2iwn.jpg

I don't think you can comprehend anything. I'm sorry for you.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
G2iwn.jpg

I don't think you can comprehend anything. I'm sorry for you.

that was an amazing retort. You have convinced me of the errors of my ways. If there was a NeoGaf HOF for 0wnage, I would nominate your post for induction.

SamuraiX-

Actually, come to think of it. Isn't Brewer a pretty good perimeter defender?

Definitely could use that off the bench if they could potentially have to go through Chicago, Miami, LA, and/or San Antonio.

Maybe Doc and the dog pound can turn him into an actual basketball player while they're at it too.

If you don't want to debate, then don't. Just say "Well, I disagree and we'll let the playoffs tell the tale," like I said earlier instead of putting forth the empty statements provided. I'm just surprised you haven't said "6/24," yet, tbqh. You must still be mad.

Sanjuro

ImperialConquest said:
Amost a year later and Sanj is still mad.
I'm pretty sure you have an alt account at this point. All you do is troll. You keep saying I'm mad for some reason as well, which doesn't even make any sense.

Lakersclown.jpg represents the worst of you. There are some good Laker fans in here, but my god. The worst are really the worst GAF has to offer.

Branduil

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?autoplay=1&callsign=KESNFM&id=6169860

"for all your listeners that are weak stomached like myself, you may not want to listen to the next part of this, but his knee cap went about 2 or 3 inches up into his thigh. he is laying on the floor. and my trainer said he has never seen this in sports, ever. Caron takes his knee cap, and shoves it back down into place. gets up, then walks off the floor to the locker room."

Holy crap.

Sanjuro

Black Mamba said:
If you don't want to debate, then don't. Just say "Well, I disagree and we'll let the playoffs tell the tale," like I said earlier instead of putting forth the empty statements provided. I'm just surprised you haven't said "6/24," yet, tbqh. You must still be mad.
I did debate you. You just weren't paying attention and kept ignoring parts of the argument and continued it using points which were that point irrelevant.

Lakerguy: Y u get rid of Perkins!?

Me: Because he wasn't going to sign with us at the end of the season. He is also hurt. Hasn't played this season really.

Lakerguy: BUT u expect Green to sign with you after the season!?

Me: See "He is also hurt. Hasn't played this season" for your answer.

I mean really? I understand you are a junior member, that is cool. I'm not going to guide you through a discussion when you aren't going to read.

The Frankman said:
The Eric Cartman debate strategy is very effective if you don't care about credibility as a poster Black Mamba. If you do well...
I really think he is just an alt account of that other Laker fan. It just makes too much sense. I normally don't mind junior members, we all were at one point. I'm not going to guide someone through an argument.

dream

The biggest problem I have with trading Perk is now Baby is forced to play center. From what I saw in the Jazz game last night, Nenad is going to be fighting with Ray over who gets which corner.

Sanjuro

dream said:
The biggest problem I have with trading Perk is now Baby is forced to play center. From what I saw in the Jazz game last night, Nenad is going to be fighting with Ray over who gets which corner.
He won't be soon. People just don't like to view the NBA's silly dealing as it has become. If you sat here on the day the Celts made all those moves and didn't think we were getting people back...then I don't even. The only downside is we are stuck with a borked team for a few weeks. The moves needed to be made however.

dream said:
If you have enough size/length at C/PF you can get away with it though...

Put me down as a Laker fan that approves of the Perk trade. All the arguments against it sound like the same arguments my fellow Laker fans make for keeping Bynum. "if" he gets healthy the Celtics will miss his defense. "if" he's healthy he can guard Dwight. Sorry I don't like dealing in "Ifs" when it comes to big men and knee injuries. Perk was coming off a pretty severe knee injury, was already injured again, was clearly rusty and not in prime game shape, and his defense was overrated by playing in a great system, for a great defensive coach, and alongside an all time great defensive PF. It was great foresight by Ainge. 100% of Jeff Green is better than 60 or 70% of Perkins.

SUPREME1

Banned
Check out Sanj acting like a diva!

You go girlfriend, you make sure to let the whole world know that you're above it all.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I did debate you. You just weren't paying attention and kept ignoring parts of the argument and continued it using points which were that point irrelevant.

Lakerguy: Y u get rid of Perkins!?

Me: Because he wasn't going to sign with us at the end of the season. He is also hurt. Hasn't played this season really.

Lakerguy: BUT u expect Green to sign with you after the season!?

Me: See "He is also hurt. Hasn't played this season" for your answer.

I mean really? I understand you are a junior member, that is cool. I'm not going to guide you through a discussion when you aren't going to read.

Perkins being hurt is irrelevant to the question about Green. If you trade Perk because he is hurt, then it is because he is hurt. You said because you can't sign him.

Perkins will be back.

If your argument is the combination of Perkins being hurt (and you doubt his health going forward) and can't sign him, then okay.

Then I ask, why GREEN who you cannot sign and is a poor defender and not SOMEONE ELSE.

I don't have issues with trading Perk on its face. My issue is with whom they got in return.

As I said before, I believe what you lose in interior defense by losing Perk is greater than what you gain from Green unless Shaq plays a lot of minutes. And I wouldn't bet on that.

I get what Boston's intention was. They believe Green can fill the role Posey filled in '08. But Posey was a far better defender, was a smart player and didn't screw up the offense, and was clutch. Green has yet to indicate he is any of these things.

And they no longer fear Orlando (justified) and believe this will help them against Miami (possible) and they doubt the LAL coming out of the West and think it will help vs. the Spurs.

I get it. I just think they overrate Green (as you do) and underrate how much they'll miss that interior D in the playoffs. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Shaq will prove everyone wrong. But don't accuse me of not being able to follow along a discussion when you're the one clearly moving goalposts as we converse.

I really think he is just an alt account of that other Laker fan. It just makes too much sense. I normally don't mind junior members, we all were at one point. I'm not going to guide someone through an argument.

I am no alt account. Seriously, that would be pathetic. This is my first time posting on NeoGaf after following this thread for nearly a year now.

Tonight's Lineups

C - STAT
PF - Shawne Hornacek
SF - Carmelo
SG - Fields
PG - Billups

... fucking Denver taking Mozgov, didn't even need him.

Sanjuro

ImperialConquest said:
Check out Sanj acting like a diva!

You go girlfriend, you make sure to let the whole world know that you're above it all.
If I were a member of Laker-Age, I would keep you in check. You are a complete asshat who offers nothing but blatant trolling to the boards. Very old, very quick.

dream

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
He won't be soon. People just don't like to view the NBA's silly dealing as it has become. If you sat here on the day the Celts made all those moves and didn't think we were getting people back...then I don't even. The only downside is we are stuck with a borked team for a few weeks. The moves needed to be made however.

I mean, yeah, we're getting people back but I'm still not convinced we're better now than we were a week ago. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Troy Murphy won't box out KG for rebounds. Maybe Nenad won't play point-center. Maybe Baby won't be our last line of defense. I get that something had to be done with Perk; I'm just not sure this was the right time to do it.

At least dumping Nate gets us an extra 8 or 10 points a game. And deep down I suspect Shaq has a lot more left in the tank than he's letting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom