• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp

GaimeGuy said:
Good, maybe you can let the Wizards in on the secret.

Wow, Wolves announcers talking up basketballreference.com and bringing up Wilt's statistics. I give them a lot of credit for it, I bet ESPN won't mention him at all.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
If Anthony Randolph gets a clue and develops a jump shot, he'd be pretty good.

Yes, I realize this could have been posted in 2008.

dream

1299159816chris_bosh_sickly.jpg

Sharp

Trevor Booker is like the Andray Blatche that never was.
Black Mamba said:
I thought Flip isn't there because his mom died today.
Yeah, you're right, but they're still running his defensive "schemes."

pilonv1

I like that Anthony Randolph couldn't beat Anthony Tolliver out of the rotation in Golden State last year, and he can't do it this year in Minnesota either.

Rodeo Clown

Sharp said:
Rambis vs. Flip is so fucking epic. You never know who's going to lose.
You got your answer. Rambis has played Lazar Hayward (see also: trash) 21 god damn minutes, including a ton in the 4th quarter.

Rodeo Clown said:
Luke Ridnour is terrible, but the Wolves can't bench him because the alternatives are garbage, too. God damn it.
Rid is a good backup PG...

Oh my god dude, did you see Jonny "bag o chips" Flynn's "alley oop" attempt?

SMFH

Rodeo Clown

pilonv1 said:
I like that Anthony Randolph couldn't beat Anthony Tolliver out of the rotation in Golden State last year, and he can't do it this year in Minnesota either.
Kurt Rambis. Anthony Tolliver should absolutely not be playing more minutes than Randolph. He's garbage.

Sharp

Well, Love did everything he could, but the unstoppable combination of Mo Evans and Trevor Booker proved too much for him. On a sad note, Shakur records his first negative +/- game of the year-- a -1.

pilonv1

Rodeo Clown said:
Kurt Rambis. Anthony Tolliver should absolutely not be playing more minutes than Randolph. He's garbage.

But he's 6'10" and can shoot the three. Nellie loved him.

I can't get over how terrible Perry Jones is. He's really one of the top prospects this year? I can't see anything other than Magic Randolph the second

Rodeo Clown

CoffeeJanitor said:
Rid is a good backup PG...
He's really not, though. He makes horrendous decisions, stuff you'd chastise a rookie for, only he's damn near 30 and supposed to be a veteran leader. He sets up guys up with passes that immediately lead to turnovers all the time.

Sharp

Wait, Flip Saunders actually is coaching tonight, I see him on camera. This was a pretty important game not to miss I suppose.

pilonv1 said:
But he's 6'10" and can shoot the three. Nellie loved him.

I can't get over how terrible Perry Jones is. He's really one of the top prospects this year? I can't see anything other than Magic Randolph the second

That's an insult to Magic, at least Randolph can put up decent advanced stats. Jones is horrible and might have the worst intangibles in the entire class as well.

pilonv1

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
That's an insult to Magic, at least Randolph can put up decent advanced stats. Jones is horrible and might have the worst intangibles in the entire class as well.

Maybe, but I just see a 6'10 guy thinking he's a point guard and turning the ball over in ways that would make grade school kids blush.

Rodeo Clown said:
He's really not, though. He makes horrendous decisions, stuff you'd chastise a rookie for, only he's damn near 30 and supposed to be a veteran leader. He sets up guys up with passes that immediately lead to turnovers all the time.
True. That's why he a career bench player.

He shouldn't be put into situations where he needs good decision making (well, you know what I mean).

pilonv1 said:
Maybe, but I just see a 6'10 guy thinking he's a point guard and turning the ball over in ways that would make grade school kids blush.

He also thinks he's a guard in that he shouldn't be rebounding or blocking shots.

Raja Bell is still playing over Gordon Hayward, I'm not seeing a future in the NBA for Tyrone Corbin.

pilonv1

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
He also thinks he's a guard in that he shouldn't be rebounding or blocking shots.

Maybe Vanillawafer is a better comparison.

Anyway from this game Quincy Acy and Tristan Thompson look like infinitely better pro prospects than Jones.

Beasley is the Andray blatche of the SF position.

I'm sorry for ever saying that the Wolves should be banned from further top 5 picks...they need all the help they can get.

Sharp

dream said:
I see All Star Kevin Love is making meaningful contributions to his team again.
He had another 20/20 game and for the first time in living memory actually played defense down the stretch. I don't think you can put this one on Love, dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom