• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Dark FaZe said:
Beasley is the Andray blatche of the SF position.

I'm sorry for ever saying that the Wolves should be banned from further top 5 picks...they need all the help they can get.
But with David Kahn making picks, they might as well forfeit the selection. Good thing they don't have their 2012 first.

SamuraiX- said:
Good to see Utah refs are feeling sorry for the Jazz since they haven't won a game since like 2005.

Hayward getting in foul trouble off of bad calls and forcing Raja Bell back on the court negates the free throw advantage.

SamuraiX-

dIEHARD said:
Refs make the Kings players stupid confirmed.

That last block was a goal tend. Clean and clear.

Because they didn't call it, Jazz get back in transition and get an easy 3.

Fuck that shit.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
dream said:
I see All Star Kevin Love is making meaningful contributions to his team again.

All I can say to this is... WTF

diehard

Fleer
That was a foul on Millsap. Good to see the refs favoring the Kings since they literally haven't been any good since 2005.

SamuraiX-

dIEHARD said:
That was a foul on Millsap. Good to see the refs favoring the Kings since they literally haven't been any good since 2005.
nvvblc.jpg

Branduil

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Jordan Hill's BEST CASE was Chris Wilcox, oh my god, what a terrible class. Thabeet's was Dalembert.
What are you on, 2009 was a fine class. Griffin, Curry, Derozan, Jennings, Holiday, Roddy, and Blair.

Branduil said:
What are you on, 2009 was a fine class. Griffin, Curry, Derozan, Jennings, Holiday, Roddy, and Blair.

There's three starters in that group. Wes Matthews is a fourth, but that was still a terrible class and was absolutely horrible before the draft.

Branduil

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
There's three starters in that group. Wes Matthews is a fourth, but that was still a terrible class and was absolutely horrible before the draft.
Dude every single player in that group is starting right now. Two of them are starting on the two teams with the best records in the entire league.

Branduil said:
Dude every single player in that group is starting right now. Two of them are starting on the two teams with the best records in the entire league.

Blair doesn't count because he can't last in the league more than three years.

Most of the rest don't count because they shouldn't be starting.

etiolate

Banned
A lot of draft picks don't start even on bad teams. They struggle to beat out middling players around them. I would not say that of that draft class.

Perry Jones has given up three offensive rebounds in the last two possessions and has been destroyed on the glass the entire season, dude has no desire or strength.

Branduil

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Blair doesn't count because he can't last in the league more than three years.

Most of the rest don't count because they shouldn't be starting.
Who should be starting over Griffin, Curry, Derozan, Jennings, Holiday, and Roddy?

Branduil said:
Who should be starting over Griffin, Curry, Derozan, Jennings, Holiday, and Roddy?

Jennings and DeRozan should be starting but only because the teams they're on are terrible and especially at those positions. It's like defending Raja Bell starting by asking who should be starting ahead of him. Roddy B isn't an actual starter. He puts up really nice advanced stats, but I think with his frame and injury concerns and style of play, he has to play starter minutes before saying he's a starter

Branduil

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Jennings and DeRozan should be starting but only because the teams they're on are terrible and especially at those positions. It's like defending Raja Bell starting by asking who should be starting ahead of him. Roddy B isn't an actual starter. He puts up really nice advanced stats, but I think with his frame and injury concerns and style of play, he has to play starter minutes before saying he's a starter
Your goalposts must be on jet engines at the rate they're moving.

wait Celoltics also got Sasha Pavlovic , fadffdskjfsdakfdsfsdkhj fuck lol , and Jermaine O'Neal is still on the team :/

I want Erden and HaronGODy back , biggest mistake to trade for useless picks

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Much more fascinating, however, was his extrapolation of this concept into the idea of "overshooters" and "undershooters." Using his model of dynamic efficiency in the shot clock, Goldman found that since 2006 (not including this season) the best players in the NBA more significantly undershoot than the top gunners overshoot -- and the numbers aren't close.

Within the stipulated time frame, the top seven "undershooters" were Chris Paul, Brandon Roy, LeBron James, Al Jefferson, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire and Vince Carter. Pretty surprising, right? All seven of these guys are known for their relatively high-usage offensive game (although Carter isn't anymore, for a variety of reasons), and yet they're considered the biggest undershooters according to Goldman's data.

The top seven overshooters? Russell Westbrook leads the way, followed by Tyrus Thomas, Lamar Odom, Monta Ellis, Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, and Tracy McGrady. This list is less surprising -- all seven of these guys are known for shooting more than they should, although Westbrook has turned a corner this year.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/po...-the-nash-equilibrium-kobe-as-an-undershooter

YOU DON'T SAY

Jeff-DSA

Cousins is such a dipshit. Quit throwing yourself to the floor you retard! I'm about to walk down from the stands and break your shins.

dream

Wow EJ can't even shoot the free throw.

I hope someone finds an opportune time to undercut Mozgov and break his neck.

Jeff-DSA

Proof that NBA coaches are dumb: when up by 3, they never foul and force the team to have to make free throws for only 2 points.

Sharp

Jeff-DSA said:
Proof that NBA coaches are dumb: when up by 3, they never foul and force the team to have to make free throws for only 2 points.
Yeah they do. It depends how much time is left though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom