• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Jeff-DSA said:
Proof that NBA coaches are dumb: when up by 3, they never foul and force the team to have to make free throws for only 2 points.
What about when you do that in the playoffs but the refs screw you and don't call the foul.

Sharp

dream said:
I don't even care if we win this game or not. I just want to see Mozgov stretchered out.
Clippers already got back at the Nuggs by injuring their SG in the wrist, I don't see what more they can do.

SamuraiX-

28uomo.gif

dream

I'm going to go watch We Are Marshall and think about the Nuggets.

Except for Gallo, Afflalo, and Nene. They cool.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The only starter to score in double figures for Portland was LaMarcus with 26 points, and Portland still wins by 24 while keeping the Bobcats to 69 points.

It was really sad seeing Przy in the wrong uniform :( A section at the Rose Garden even started a "Joel Przybilla" chant.

I started a new my player career in 2k11 because of the trades and got drafted 11th by the Hornets. Monty Williams must have downs syndrome or something because he constantly plays a lineup where my guy (6'8 SF/SG) is at power forward with fucking Trevor Ariza at center.

pilonv1

Jeff-DSA said:
Proof that NBA coaches are dumb: when up by 3, they never foul and force the team to have to make free throws for only 2 points.

So you're saying Nellie is smart then since he was the only one who did it?

Good timing for DY going into service too

dream

Someone just punched Blake in the face.

Even better, JR Smith tripped Blake and sprained his ankle.

I hope their bus crashes.

Red Blaster said:
I started a new my player career in 2k11 because of the trades and got drafted 11th by the Hornets. Monty Williams must have downs syndrome or something because he constantly plays a lineup where my guy (6'8 SF/SG) is at power forward with fucking Trevor Ariza at center.

This game is just fucking retarded. I gave up on it.

Jeff-DSA

dream said:
Exactly, cocksuckers.

Blake is 1 assist away from his first triple double.

Fuck I hate the Nuggets.

Everybody hates the Nuggets, and I imagine their fans must be self-loathing, sad sacks.

dream

Nene is goofy, so he gets a pass from me.

If I saw the Nuggets' plane crash, I'd save him, Gallo, and Afflalo. Fuck everyone else. Especially Mozgov.

Red Blaster said:

What position is the easiest in my player mode in 2k11? When I started a few months ago, I created a PG, but I made the mistake of making him my real-world height, so he's dangerously undersized.

On another note, I have a feeling the Heat will win tomorrow. But if the Bulls can beat the Heat tomorrow, I'll sacrifice a small goat in Rose's honor. Sending the Heat into a 4 game losing streak would be so delicious.

The Chosen One said:
What position is the easiest in my player mode in 2k11? When I started a few months ago, I created a PG, but I made the mistake of making him my real-world height, so he's dangerously undersized.

On another note, I have a feeling the Heat will win tomorrow. But if the Bulls can beat the Heat tomorrow, I'll sacrifice a small goat in Rose's honor. Sending the Heat into a 4 game losing streak would be so delicious.

I've had success at every position, you pretty much have to choose the athletic option as stuff like quickness and speed are very expensive to boost. If you're a big then putting points into your vertical makes it pretty easy (I've had a few 20/20 games during the summer league). I generally don't like PG though as your teammates are idiots and you get way too many wrongly attributed turnovers as a result of that, even if your passing is at 99. Also I usually only do the shooting drill as once you get your shot down, you can gold it in your sleep. Once you get your midrange shot in the 70s you can score 20 PPG without breaking a sweat.

J2 Cool

Red Blaster said:

I hate this. Just played the Heat, and they put Wade at PG. I dealt w Kobe at PG too... Also hate team defense in that game. Play man-to-man, shut my guy down, and deal with 12-20 assists a night from every ho hum PG, to go along w his 2 pts or so. Giving up 105+ a night w Bulls defense on All-Star. Ugly shit.

Red Blaster said:
I've had success at every position, you pretty much have to choose the athletic option as stuff like quickness and speed are very expensive to boost. If you're a big then putting points into your vertical makes it pretty easy (I've had a few 20/20 games during the summer league). I generally don't like PG though as your teammates are idiots and you get way too many wrongly attributed turnovers as a result of that, even if your passing is at 99. Also I usually only do the shooting drill as once you get your shot down, you can gold it in your sleep. Once you get your midrange shot in the 70s you can score 20 PPG without breaking a sweat.

Speaking of my player, any tips on improving your player's attributes. I've already played 50 games but my player's over all rating is just 48 or 49. I've maxed out his 3 pt shooting and other shooting attributes, plus his durability. I also average a teammate grade of A or A+. I feel like my player's development is taking too long.

Does difficulty have anything to do with it? Do higher difficulty levels award you with more skill points? I only play on pro since I suck at 2K11 (11-12 minute quarters).

I'm having similar problems. But I wonder if it's because I'm playing short quarters. There's no way I'll be able to get through a 82 game seasons with 12 minute quarters. Just don't have the time.

Pkaz01

Hydrogen Bluebird said:
Speaking of my player, any tips on improving your player's attributes. I've already played 50 games but my player's over all rating is just 48 or 49. I've maxed out his 3 pt shooting and other shooting attributes, plus his durability. I also average a teammate grade of A or A+. I feel like my player's development is taking too long.

Does difficulty have anything to do with it? Do higher difficulty levels award you with more skill points? I only play on pro since I suck at 2K11 (11-12 minute quarters).
Upgrade the worthless stuff. Things like offensive and defensive awareness help the score a lot. Also, upgrade your vertical. If you want to get your overall score up you just need to raise the cheapest things even if they don't provide a benefit for your playstyle. If its low and doesn't cost much itll help.

My character was around 50 before the season even began.. there is no way you should be that low.

2k is retarded. On the 360 I worked up a 7'1 265 pound center where I basically maxed out his offensive skills (max shot inside, shot close, low post ability/scoring, etc.) and rebounding and blocking so he's a beast. Now he's overall 86.

I started out on the Thunder and got bored with Durant and Westbrook chucking all the time so I demanded a trade and got traded to the Lakers for Derek Fisher (lol Konex) and I basically replaced Bynum...so you'd think that team is fucking great? Except that when I played Kobe would just keep chucking like mad and have game 7 2010 NBA Finals nights on a nightly basis.

Then I got bored with them and got traded to the Hawks who had an Arenas-JJ backcourt. Now I know how Dwight Howard feels. I swear in 2k they force your guy to be an automatic cancer. The opposing team makes ridiculous shots and your guys can't do anything or just do something so stupid.

Sharp

Overall rating is kind of meaningless in 2k11. If you want to boost your character's overall rating quickly just put a lot of points into cheap attributes like clutch. By keeping everything balanced your character's overall rating goes up dramatically, while putting points into expensive attributes like three point shooting will generally not.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-ira-nba-column-s030611,0,164560.column

STEPPING BACK: Michael Beasley's season has taken a turn into the slow lane with the Minnesota Timberwolves. The former Heat forward has shot just 15 of 42 in his last three appearances, including being held out of the fourth quarter of Wednesday's victory over the Detroit Pistons. The acquisition of Anthony Randolph from the New York Knicks has created question about the Timberwolves' long-term commitment to the former Heat first-round pick.

This is from a Miami based paper so maybe they don't have everything straight...but is this fucking true!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom