• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
reilo said:
Because it was the argument used by Brandy after 2006 Finals.

the FTA disparity was greater than 6 (now 4), though.

Anyway, Dallas lost this game on the FT line. 13/23. Can't shoot like that, especially on the road.

exarkun

Pristine_Condition said:
Yeah. That's convenient. Screw the shooter who made the great play. Give the benefit of the doubt to the hapless defense.

I understand that, but still. I mean I can't believe you guys are arguing like this. They finallly review a play, do their best, and get it maybe wrong on an iota of space? The NFL has great replay reviews, but this happens there all the time. Humans are humans, I'm sorry we don't have sensors like tennis does.

Maybe he was jobbed, but its not obvious like the tip in by Perkins.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Branduil said:
I wish the Mavs 35K went as far as the Blazers.
Let's call us even after 19-2 in game one, and 12FTA attempts for Dirk in fourth in game two. Ya? Or are you gonna continue to be a little girl?

SamuraiX-

There are currently only 4 series actually going on among 8 possible match ups in the 1st round so far.

Knicks need to win tomorrow at home to make it 5.

dream

exarkun said:
I understand that, but still. I mean I can't believe you guys are arguing like this. They finallly review a play, do their best, and get it maybe wrong on an iota of space? The NFL has great replay reviews, but this happens there all the time. Humans are humans, I'm sorry we don't have sensors like tennis does.

Maybe he was jobbed, but its not obvious like the tip in by Perkins.

The problem is TNT came up with a camera angle that showed it was a clear 3.

Why didn't the refs have access to that?

Pkaz01

I Push Fat Kids said:
DALLAS GOT HOSED HOLY SHIT THAT POINT MADE DA DIFFERENCE

Branduil said:
Mavs 2, Refs 1, Blazers 0.

1254334927_celebration-dance.gif

Branduil said:
No, Chandler getting hosed made the difference.

13/23 FTs. That's where the game was lost. yes, some of the calls were iffy, but Dallas had their chances and blew it.

But that's also why I like Dallas in game 4. They matched Portland in a must win outside the FT line percentage.

All the while ignoring that Dallas got some iffy calls in game 1? Come on..

Tonight was no different than normal HCA, minus that 3 pointer which wouldn't have changed the outcome.

Tom Penny

reilo said:
Let's call us even after 19-2 in game one, and 12FTA attempts for Dirk in fourth in game two. Ya? Or are you gonna continue to be a little girl?

That had little bearing on the outcome of those games.

reilo

Branduil said:
Aww, Brandi is being a little girl again everyone! Let's all hold a tea-party to cheer him up! I'll bring Mark "The Cuddly Teddy Bear" Cuban.

Tom Penny said:
That had little bearing on the outcome of those games.
19-2FTA in a quarter had little to no bearing on the outcome of a game?!?!

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I can't imagine TNT having a camera angle the refs don't have.

The NBA should have a "review ref" who sits in a booth like in the NFL and makes the call. That way he can start reviewing ASAP and get many angles in quicker than the time it takes the refs to walk to the table, get the TV, etc.

And this way he can get feeds from the TV crews (all of them) and be informed by TV producers what to look at.

All clock/shot reviews can be done by him and I bet it will be quicker/better.

Branduil

reilo said:
Aww, Brandi is being a little girl again everyone! Let's all hold a tea-party to cheer him up! I'll bring Mark "The Cuddly Teddy Bear" Cuban.
I'm just trying to emulate your hero Roy.

Don't bring Oden, drinking tea makes his kneecaps evaporate.

exarkun

dream said:
The problem is TNT came up with a camera angle that showed it was a clear 3.

Why didn't the refs have access to that?

Not as good as the NFL? Dunno, they have to do it so quickly, and they probably only looked at one or two angles. Plus, TNT didn't find it at first and they only found it as the ball was about to inbounded.

The refs gotta do it on a much faster pace than other sports, so I really only look to the replay as a way to make sure balls out of bounds are reviewable and baaaad/obvious plays are called back. You get bad calls all the time in basketball, kind of like a pick your battles type thing is what Im thinking of.

reilo

Branduil said:
Well if Carlisle gets fined for 35K, I expect Camby to foul out in 15 minutes next game. Fair is fair.
Fact: Marcus Camby picked up his fourth foul 2 minutes into the third quarter.

dream

I don't even care about the Mavs or the Blazers getting fucked. I just hate the precedent. I can see this happening when Ray makes a 3 and then I'll have to listen to people talk about how New York basketball is back for another 2 days.

reilo

Branduil said:
I'm just trying to emulate your hero Roy.

Don't bring Oden, drinking tea makes his kneecaps evaporate.
Nah, I'm bringing Mark Cuban because we need some salt for the crumpets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom