• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse than that 3 were the no call on the most blatant over the back ever on Camby and almost all of Chandlers fouls down the stretch. Fucking terrible calls. And I don't know why Blazers fans are so bitter about Dirk going to the line, he's a superstar. Just because your superstar has the knees of an 80 year old and has been reduced to a crying bench player, doesn't mean other teams superstar players should be equally invalidated.

Oh well. As terrible as the officiating was and as abysmal as Dirk was shooting the ball yet again, if the Mavs make their free throws and the refs go buy some HDMI cables so they can see replays better, Mavs win. Had this going 5 or 6 before the series and even after the 2-0 start.

Can't imagine Terry playing that well again though. But it's great watching him play heel with the crowd.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bumblebeetuna said:
Worse than that 3 were the no call on the most blatant over the back ever on Camby and almost all of Chandlers fouls down the stretch. Fucking terrible calls. And I don't know why Blazers fans are so bitter about Dirk going to the line, he's a superstar. Just because your superstar has the knees of an 80 year old and has been reduced to a crying bench player, doesn't mean other teams superstar players should be equally invalidated.
Because, Triple L Number 823, that's the same bullshit Branduil and Mavs fans complained about during the 2006 Finals: SUPERSTAR CALLS. Suck wind, you fucking hypocrite.

As a life long Blazer fan, anyone who thinks the refs ever help us are delusional. Only big market teams like the Lakers and Mavs get the help from the refs.

Kevtones

Bumblebeetuna said:

Oh well. As terrible as the officiating was and as abysmal as Dirk was shooting the ball yet again, if the Mavs make their free throws and the refs go buy some HDMI cables so they can see replays better, Mavs win. Had this going 5 or 6 before the series and even after the 2-0 start.

Can't imagine Terry playing that well again though. But it's great watching him play heel with the crowd.

GREAT POST

Branduil

Dirk is getting calls because Blazers are climbing on his back every play. If anything he should be shooting more free throws.

It's completely different from Wade shooting free throws despite not being touched at all or punching people with his forearm.

reilo said:
Because, Triple L Number 823, that's the same bullshit Branduil and Mavs fans complained about during the 2006 Finals: SUPERSTAR CALLS. Suck wind, you fucking hypocrite.

What Wade got in the Finals went beyond superstar calls and well beyond anything Dirk has gotten in this series. Hope that helps.

reilo

Branduil said:
Dirk is getting calls because Blazers are climbing on his back every play. If anything he should be shooting more free throws.

It's completely different from Wade shooting free throws despite not being touched at all or punching people with his forearm.
Hahah. Cute. The guy takes nothing but one-footed fadeaway jumpers and gets the same bullshit calls Wade got throughout that series.
Bumblebeetuna said:
What Wade got in the Finals went beyond superstar calls and well beyond anything Dirk has gotten in this series. Hope that helps.
Dirk shot 12FTA in Game one in the fourth quarter and 10FTA in game two in the fourth quarter. That's more freethrows than what Wade got.

I agree, at least the Western conference is still interesting. Unlike that fake parity in the East, where every series is going to be a sweep except for the 4/5 seeds.

The Chosen One said:
na.gif

Hehehe.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Gillian Seed said:
As a life long Blazer fan, anyone who thinks the refs ever help us are delusional.

I was just about to post this. It brings rage and tears back in my eyes remembering the 90's :(

Broseybrose

So Miami and Chicago are the only 3-0 teams.

I think if Miami gets past Chicago they have a GREAT shot at the ring. Those Bulls, though, they're tough. They scare me haha.

dream

"If I need to score 30 points, I'll do that. If I need to get 15 rebounds, I'll make the sacrifice and do that also."

Guess who said that!

MidnightCowboy said:
That three ruling was bogus, but the worse call of the night was the no call of Camby's clear over the back.

Pretty much. Not sure how you miss something so blatantly obvious. At least with the 3 they probably just didn't get that angle that showed it clearly in time. But it's easy to call it a 2 from the position the ref was in.

diehard

Fleer
dream said:
"If I need to score 30 points, I'll do that. If I need to get 15 rebounds, I'll make the sacrifice and do that also."

Guess who said that!
Rose? Only because he knew he can't get 15 assists.

reilo said:
You must really love the Hornets then!

I didn't expect a sweep there either.

I saw that series going 6 and still do.

Actually, scratch that, there are 2 sweeps I did enjoy:

One happened last year and the other happened in 2007.

reilo

Who was it that posted a statistic showing that if Terry plays really well and over 35 minutes, that the Mavs lose?

Broseybrose said:
So Miami and Chicago are the only 3-0 teams.

I think if Miami gets past Chicago they have a GREAT shot at the ring. Those Bulls, though, they're tough. They scare me haha.

You're high.

What on earth you basing that on?

The way Chicago has been playing the last 3 games against a 37 win 8th seed surely makes them look like title contenders? And Miami has played well for a game and a half against an over-achieving scrub team, so now they have a "GREAT" shot at the ring?

ryutaro's mama said:
I didn't expect a sweep there either.

I saw that series going 6 and still do.

Actually, scratch that, there are 2 sweeps I did enjoy:

One happened last year and the other happened in 2007.

Fist bump!

The Chosen One said:
You're high.

What on earth you basing that on?

The way Chicago has been playing the last 3 games against a 37 win 8th seed surely makes them look like title contenders, right? And Miami has played well for a game and a half against an over-achieving scrub team, so now they have a "GREAT" shot at the ring?

Remember when the 66 wins Cavs swept the first 2 rounds of the playoffs?

And then in the ECFs, LeBron magically ran out of "help"?

But he did do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fD1MNjkPFs

MOTHERFUCKING GOAT WHO NEVER HAS HELP.

Derwind said:
Haha, Nerdgaf found its way into NBAgaf....thanks for the lecture on Salts chemical makeup! :D

you gettin' salty about salt now? bro tip: even jason terry probably knows what sodium chloride is.

also, itt mavs fans realize that nba refs are fucking garbage and the game 1 win in dallas was as awful as the 3 call and camby's over the back. or is it still a dallas-centric conspiracy?

markymark_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

dream said:
Oh god, Rose has shot 49 free throws in the first 3 games?
He's had some B.S. calls, but most of them are legit. I'm pretty sure Indy has vocally said they want to foul him as hard as possible every time to prevent the drive.

reilo

@johnhollinger Replay shows Kidd' shot was a 3. Also shows he took 4 steps before releasing it. Unfortunately, can only review 2 vs 3. Somehow, refs say 2.
Shot shouldn't have counted anyway. That's what's up!

reilo

ryutaro's mama said:
The best part is how he still shits on them and Deron is on a New Jersey layover before signing with the Lakers.

POST KOBE ERA STARTS NAO.
I don't want to be cruel, but a Lakers team sweeping the Jazz in the playoffs with Deron as starting point-guard would be, damn, I won't even say it.

ryutaro's mama said:
The best part is how he still shits on them and Deron is on a New Jersey layover before signing with the Lakers.

POST KOBE ERA STARTS NAO.
He's taking his talents to L.A. to play with NBA Superstar Craig Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom