• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
MidnightCowboy said:
He's taking his talents to L.A. to play with NBA Superstar Craig Smith.

Deron
Trey Johnson
Artest's Ghost
Pau Gasol's remaining essence
Bynum's String Cheese AC Earls

Fat Lamar
Shawn Kemp VII
Wizards Kobe

PLAN THE PARADE ONE MO'GAIN

Margaritas still in the back, via?

Kevtones

ryutaro's mama said:
Deron
Trey Johnson
Artest's Ghost
Pau Gasol's remaining essence
Bynum's String Cheese AC Earls

Fat Lamar
Shawn Kemp VII
Wizards Kobe

PLAN THE PARADE ONE MO'GAIN

Margaritas still in the back, via?

0/10

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
dIEHARD said:
Nobody mentioned them, i did. I start trends motherfucker, deal with it.
You're right...
dream said:
Oh god, Rose has shot 49 free throws in the first 3 games?
That was posted AFTER you mentioned Rose.

Apologies! You mentioning Rose was completely unprompted. That makes it better.

reilo said:
I like that ESPN's Daily Dime was put up only minutes after DAL/POR was finished.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-110422/daily-dime

No east coast bias in the media, or anything.

sportswriters gotta sleep. probably lost some kids to that steve nash lap dance video and hit the sack. i mean, look at this fucking guy. looks like the kind of fella who takes a nap on a bed of hot pocket sleeves.

windhorst_brian_m.jpg

reilo

MidnightCowboy said:
You know, I'm still amazed they do the Heat Reaction thing. What the fuck.
The Heat Index? They hired Cleveland Plain-Dealer's former Cavs beat writer after Lebron left just to cover the Heat this season.

lawlohwhat said:
sportswriters gotta sleep. probably lost some kids to that steve nash lap dance video and hit the sack. i mean, look at this fucking guy. looks like the kind of fella who takes a nap on a bed of hot pocket sleeves.

windhorst_brian_m.jpg
In fact, that's him. Brian Windhorst. He's been covering Lebron since high school. He's pretty much a paid professional stalker with media access.

reilo

numble said:
Has there ever been a sportswriter like that guy? Follows one athlete around for his whole career?
I'm sure there are some sports writers out there that have covered one particular athlete that stayed with a single franchise for many many years. Like someone in NY covering Jeter or something. But that guy has covered him since high school and now in Miami. It's weird.

I remember Frank Isola making fun of him during the summer for sending in resumes to NY Papers in anticipation of Lebron possibly going to NY.

EDIT: His wiki says he attended St Vincent - St Mary high school. Creeepy.

linsivvi

Black Mamba said:
Damn East Coast Bias...

The thing is the main stories were already written before the Blazers game ended, so they just threw that quote in as if it covered the whole day's event.

I won't blame them, since it's Easter and all that, but they should have just published the dime and write about the West coast game the next day instead. Now they'll never talk about it.

numble

reilo said:
I'm sure there are some sports writers out there that have covered one particular athlete that stayed with a single franchise for many many years. Like someone in NY covering Jeter or something. But that guy has covered him since high school and now in Miami. It's weird.

I remember Frank Isola making fun of him during the summer for sending in resumes to NY Papers in anticipation of Lebron possibly going to NY.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I mean, Kobe's been a Laker for 15 years, but there's no local writer that just writes puff pieces about him all the time, and they wouldn't follow him to a team either. This guy will probably retire when LeBron retires.

Bread

Banned
reilo said:

hahaha holy shit you'd think he would move on sooner or later, it's ok at a HS level but following him around is insane.

dream

Bread said:
hahaha holy shit you'd think he would move on sooner or later, it's ok at a HS level but following him around is insane.

He probably sees Lebron as his project and thinks he's partially responsible for his success.

linsivvi said:
The thing is the main stories were already written before the Blazers game ended, so they just threw that quote in as if it covered the whole day's event.

I won't blame them, since it's Easter and all that, but they should have just published the dime and write about the West coast game the next day instead. Now they'll never talk about it.

There's the "rapid reaction" at the bottom for the Dallas-Portland game. And sometimes they do update it as the night wears on and the west coast article comes in.

You can actually access the daily dime site before it launches for the night if you play around with the url and if they're in the process of updating it.

In a world of instant reaction, ESPN has to put up the articles quite quickly. While there is definitely an East Coast Bias in sports, I think this is not an example of one of them. They're just getting articles out as fast as they can.

Usually it is up at midnight officially, but perhaps the holiday is pushing it up.

exarkun

Soooooo the postseason is a new beast right? Can we finally give Bosh some props? Dude is playing mad well, and significantly better than a power forward I will not mention.

The thing is, first two games he beasted and probably has been the most consistently good of the big three. This game he wasn't great offensively, but worked at it and stayed aggressive. Got some shots to fall, and defensively played pretty well and bodied up people in the paint. Its like his balls dropped and finally became the inside muscle the Heat needed. I'm liking his game right now.

exarkun said:
Soooooo the postseason is a new beast right? Can we finally give Bosh some props? Dude is playing mad well, and significantly better than a power forward I will not mention.

The thing is, first two games he beasted and probably has been the most consistently good of the big three. This game he wasn't great offensively, but worked at it and stayed aggressive. Got some shots to fall, and defensively played pretty well and bodied up people in the paint. Its like his balls dropped and finally became the inside muscle the Heat needed. I'm liking his game right now.

I'm willing to lay money that his vag will show when he's up against Kevin Garnett instead of Brand and Hawes.

Broseybrose

The Chosen One said:
You're high.

What on earth you basing that on?

The way Chicago has been playing the last 3 games against a 37 win 8th seed surely makes them look like title contenders? And Miami has played well for a game and a half against an over-achieving scrub team, so now they have a "GREAT" shot at the ring?

No, you're high. Tag, you're it.

I never said the Bulls were title contenders.

Look, Ive been watching the Heat for 20 years and they always lose to the Bulls in the Playoffs. I think that if they can get over that hump, they can take championship.

Im not saying the other series will be easy, but its a psychological thing. If they beat the Bulls they become unstoppable.

You're just a hater anyways. I'm clarifying myself for the sake of everyone else, not you.

linsivvi

Broseybrose said:
Look, Ive been watching the Heat for 20 years and they always lose to the Bulls in the Playoffs. I think that if they can get over that hump, they can take championship.

*face palm*

Broseybrose said:
Im not saying the other series will be easy, but its a psychological thing. If they beat the Bulls they become unstoppable.

Yes I am sure it bothers Lebron and Wade and co that they've always lost to the Bulls their whole life, so much so that it keeps them from sleeping at night.

exarkun

ryutaro's mama said:
That series was so dope.

The series was so good I actually didn't care who won. I just wanted it to keep on going. It was physical, with defense, AND high scoring with that shot being the perfect pre-cloital moment.

exarkun

Black Mamba said:
Gordon is not Bosh. Bosh cries in the locker room over a regular season game.

http://www.nba.com/statscube/player-vs-player.html#Chris-Bosh-vs-Kevin-Garnett|2547,708;season=r

that is pretty cool. Didn't know that existed, gonna have fun with that in my free time. Thanks.

But, both of their numbers go way down when each other is on the court. So eh, plus its the playoffs. We'll see. Whats funny though is KG's per when Bosh in on the bench. Holy crap, is it cause he's slow and the Heat play at a faster pace without Bosh or something.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
reilo said:
In fact, that's him. Brian Windhorst. He's been covering Lebron since high school. He's pretty much a paid professional stalker with media access.

He's not a bad writer but to be honest, the man should definitely stay away from the camera. ESPN keeps getting more comfortable with putting him on camera. It's ironic that he covers us, a fat slob in a city where the majority of our youth are beautiful and fit. Fat people shouldn't be in Miami... I'm gonna hate this guy covering us when we win the championship. :(

Bread

Banned
UltimaKilo said:
He's not a bad writer but to be honest, the man should definitely stay away from the camera. ESPN keeps getting more comfortable with putting him on camera. It's ironic that he covers us, a fat slob in a city where the majority of our youth are beautiful and fit. Fat people shouldn't be in Miami... I'm gonna hate this guy covering us when we win the championship. :(
eddy-curry-murdered-nova-henry-3yearold%20son-new-york-knicks-witness-gay-sex.jpg

PORTLAND, Ore. -- An object thrown from the Rose Garden stands hit Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban in the face during Thursday night's Game 3 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers.

The incident occurred midway through the fourth quarter after Cuban had been interacting with the fans in the section behind the Mavericks' bench. Cuban was not injured.

"I don't know what it was, but something hit me in the face," said Cuban, who encouraged fans to boo him more by putting his hand by his ear.

Extra security was assigned to the area behind the Mavericks' bench for the remainder of the game. There were no other issues.

cuban2.gif

Blackface

Banned
UltimaKilo said:

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/top-25-fittest-and-fattest-cities-in-the-u-s-351934

You are all fat. Fatty fat fats.

masud

Banned
Lol I moved from the 5th fattest city to the 5th fittest and I have actually lost a bunch of weight since then. But yeah stop trying to front I've been to Florida before. Skinny people might go there for vacation...

Broseybrose said:

You're just a hater anyways. I'm clarifying myself for the sake of everyone else, not you.

Um... So was I the only one that read that or what?

Broseybrose said:

uh

scottie pippen ain't around anymore

and neither is a half legged/shoulder wade and a fat shaq

exarkun said:

He's playing the way he is expected to play. The way he should be playing. He showed flashes of it at times during the regular season but so far in the 76'ers series he's been in a good place. We'll see if he can keep it up in the second round.

ecnal said:
miami fans unaware of recent history prior to the decision?

shocking.
It was in reference to that fool that said we always lose to the Bulls in the playoffs. Pheenix already made the point that majority of the wins that the Bulls had Jordan was in the team. If we take out those wins I say our playoff record with them is about even (although I'd rather forget about them sweeping us in 07)

I think the mavs should be feeling pretty good still. 16 turnovers + 10 missed free throws + JJ Barea = recipe for disaster. I'm happy they were able to hang in there whilst dealing with the crowd, the matthews onslaught, and a brandon roy resurrection.

So I haven't seen too many Blazers games, but can matthews and roy be depended on to repeat these kinds of performances? I was really impressed with what roy was doing, and it truly is a shame he has been robbed of his health.

SamuraiX-

Matthews was extremely consistent with those types of games early in the season when he got the start at the 2/3 when Roy went down. I wouldn't be surprised to see another performance like that from him (not with all four of his 3s coming in the 1st quarter of course).

Roy, on the other hand, I would only expect to see a similar performance from him in this series in Game 4 or Game 6 (if there is one). He seems to feed off the fan support at home and does't perform as well on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom