• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddles

Banned
Truphenom said:
Yea, I'd rather see the Heat win than the Lakers or Celtics. Lakers are prob taking it all though so it doesn't really matter in the long run.

Why would anyone ever root for a Lebron James-led team?

Watching Lebron retire ringless is going to rank up there with the birth of my firstborn.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Turner was having his one good game and then Collins takes him out, bad coaching there.
pat_riley_oj_mayo.png

Truphenom

ryutaro's mama said:
Why are people just ASSuming the Lakers will:

1) Get back to the Finals

2) Win it all.

For the same reason they've won the last 2. They're just flat out better than most of the teams, they're coached better and they deal with pressure better than the other teams. I don't think anyone out west has a chance and the 3 teams in the East dont have enough to get it done. Only team beating the Lakers this year are the Lakers.

Kusagari

The Heat are master trolls. They wanted the Sixers to have the feeling of hope in this last game before stabbing them in the heart.

Truphenom

Puddles said:
Why would anyone ever root for a Lebron James-led team?

Watching Lebron retire ringless is going to rank up there with the birth of my firstborn.

He does't bother me, and I can't root for Boston. Just feels wrong.

It needs to be Turner time next half, Doug.

Get him the ball and tell him to attack.

But lawl it's going to be Lou Williams isos and Iggy bricks. Brand will never get the ball again and Jrue will turn the ball over.

Fuck

Gigglepoo

ryutaro's mama said:
wat

Also, the Cavs ran over teams in the early rounds and also looked unstoppable.

2010-2011? 2011? I never know how to label seasons. The Heat have been steamrolling teams for the last month. They're going to the Finals, at the very least.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Gigglepoo said:
2010-2011? 2011? I never know how to label seasons. The Heat have been steamrolling teams for the last month. They're going to the Finals, at the very least.
Just like the Cavs in 2009 and 2010, amirite?

FYI, just look at the thread title if you need to know what year it is :p

Sanjuro

So where are all the "fan-up" Knicks people here?

*looks around*

As far as the Heat goes. Let's play Devil's Advocate and say they win the championship...with LeBron doing nothing and Wade beasting?

Gigglepoo said:

Cavs swept the first 2 rounds in 2009.

I agree with you though--if the Czzz don't take them out, they have a bye in the ECFs.

Bread

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
When they beat the Celtics, I'll be ready to believe it. But right now, I can't see any team in the East playing defense well enough to knock them out.

Gigglepoo said:
Im going to laugh at you when the Celts win the series vs the heatles.

Truphenom said:
He does't bother me, and I can't root for Boston. Just feels wrong.

I can't see myself rooting for either team really. It will be fun to watch though especially when the refs find themselves conflicted as far as which team they should screw over for Lord Stern. And since the NBA desperately wants to see a Heat/Lakers final I would be very worried if I were a Boston fan.

Truphenom

xxxstylzxxx said:
I can't see myself rooting for either team really. It will be fun to watch though especially when the refs find themselves conflicted as far as which team they should screw over for Lord Stern. And since the NBA desperately wants to see a Heat/Lakers final I would be very worried if I were a Boston fan.

I know the refs are really horrible overall but I dont feel like they decide the games most of the time. They really can't do it without the other team playing like shit/choking. If the Heat beat the Celtics it will be mostly because they earned it. I want that shit eating grin to roll his wheelchair out of the playoffs early.

Zep

Banned
xxxstylzxxx said:

Yea because Boston in the Finals doesn't equal huge ratings! Give it a rest with that tired argument that everyone is against the Celtics.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
The only team the Heat would have trouble with in the playoffs are those old rottweiler Celtics.

Don't kid yourself. Lakers are child's play for the Heat.

Cerrius said:
The only team the Heat would have trouble with in the playoffs are those old rottweiler Celtics.

And that same child's play team beat the Czzz in the Playoffs.

Can Dwyane and/or LeBron and/or Bosh say this?

Oh right, I forgot...the playoffs are the same as the regular season.

Cerrius said:

Celtics have fallen to Pembroke Welsh Corgi levels of intimidation.

Will root for the Celtics salamander in hopes that the MWO is swept and the Bulls make it to the finals only to get swept by the grizzlies.

Cerrius said:

I wouldn't say that at all. Lakers' size would be a problem for the Heat even though Pau hasn't been playing like a big man lately.

xxxstylzxxx said:
I wouldn't say that at all. Lakers' size would be a problem for the Heat even though Pau hasn't been playing like a big man lately.

No way man.

The fact that the Heat won both regular season matchups against the Lakers settles it--even though Cerrius would like to ignore the pasting the Heat got in 3 out of 4 games versus the Czzz this year.

Cant believe Bibby basically paid 6 million dollars to the Wizards just to play for a team that 1 month that won't even come close to winning the chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom