• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrage

I can't even hate on the Grizzlies getting involved in that Gasol trade. Marc is a hell of a lot better than anything the Raptors got for Vince Carter.

Remember, the Clippers got Q-Rich for Zach Randolph. Karma's been good to Memphis.

Bread

Banned
I don't understand how Joel Anthony can be so bad in the post. What the fuck has he been practicing in all of his years of playing basketball?

th_AndHereWeGo.gif

Bread said:
I don't understand how Joel Anthony can be so bad in the post. What the fuck has he been practicing in all of his years of playing basketball?

the fact that he was able to get a shot off is a huge step in his game. the warden usually can't hold onto the ball that long

Bread

Banned
ph33nix said:
the fact that he was able to get a shot off is a huge step in his game. the warden usually can't hold onto the ball that long
He basically turned around and shot without looking at the hoop, and the ball just went right off the backboard. How is this guy good enough to be in the NBA.

bjb

Banned
jjasper said:
I never said the move wasn't cost cutting. After they couldn't get shit for Gasol they gave up and went full on cost cutting mode which they needed to do anyway since Jerry West took the fourth highest salary in the league and created a team whose max potential was getting swept in the first round. The idea was to get a free agent which they promptly discovered they had no chance at doing because no big star will come here. The trade looks good now only because of Marc being the best Gasol. Which is amazing considering he was garbage in high school and couldn't even make the team at the school I went too and he was fat all the way until the summer before he signed. And don't get all your news from the national dudes, they have no idea what is going on here. They still act amazed when the Grizz dish out large contracts since it is a "cheap" franchise. When the history completely negates that. All they do is spend (overspend to some people).

Also the sale of the team was basically a huge show. He agreed to sell it to someone he knew didn't have the money and then when the local minority owners approached him with more than he wanted he turned them down, and put out some deadline that if he couldn't find an buyer he would not sell. I don't know what he was trying to accomplish but it was never going to happen.

Also Darrell Arthur is not shit.

I think there's plenty of reason for skepticism regarding the Gasol trade. I mean, Jerry West's close ties to the Lakers is reason enough for me to question the move outright.

That being said, it's amazing it didn't ruin the franchise. I don't think Gasol is a top 10 player by any means, but he's definitely a solid piece to either build around or add too.

Lastly I think it's important for the Grizzles to see what they've got in Mayo. They've already held onto one bust (Thabeet) long enough. Was Mayo only solid during his first year because he was pumping PED's?

Truphenom

So after skimming through the last few pages i have to ask...does nba age always wish aids, crotch rot, broken knees and non existence on the players and/or league?

Spooks

Truphenom said:
So after skimming through the last few pages i have to ask...does nba age always wish aids, crotch rot, broken knees and non existence on the players and/or league?
Naw, that's just Brandy Culture.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Truphenom said:
I'm guessing you'll only be posting here for one more game....

jjasper

bjb said:
I think there's plenty of reason for skepticism regarding the Gasol trade. I mean, Jerry West's close ties to the Lakers is reason enough for me to question the move outright.

West had been gone almost a whole year when the trade happened.

Truphenom said:
Yea, I'd rather see the Heat win than the Lakers or Celtics. Lakers are prob taking it all though so it doesn't really matter in the long run.

Why are people just ASSuming the Lakers will:

1) Get back to the Finals

2) Win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom