• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

uGxz9.png

This feels so alien to me.

exarkun

The Stealth Fox said:
What a lopsided trade. Why would we let Orlando rip us off like that?

Because houston fans love punishment? You should know this by now.

Look at how many of our former players are flourishing this year. But, you know, they just weren't what Morey wanted.

Edit: Thats a hell of a defensive squad, thekad.

thekad said:
Serious question: Where does Dwight go next year? Fire up the trade machine.

I think the Lakers fit Dwight's "hollywood" personality better. But basketball-wise, the Celtics are probably a better fit because they have Rondo. If Dwight goes to LA who knows who will be playing the point 2-3 years from now. Whereas Rondo will be in Boston for the foreseeable future.

tmdorsey

Syphon Filter said:
That is because hawks are inferior.
You can't seriously be saying that today.

The last time we played the Celtics in the playoffs we took them to 7 games. How many games did the Knicks win again?

giri

thekad said:
Lowry/Martin/Turkey/Scola/Dwight

Championship.
I give it 3 games before dwight punches martin in the throat for taking stupid 3's while he's open under the basket. I mean stupider than nelsons.

exarkun said:
Because houston fans love punishment? You should know this by now.

Look at how many of our former players are flourishing this year. But, you know, they just weren't what Morey wanted.

Edit: Thats a hell of a defensive squad, thekad.

notsureifserious.jpg.

threenote said:
Dwight wants to win, so he'll go to the Lakers or Celtics.

he also wants so badly to be Shaq, and young Shaq, not fat old Shaq, so it will be Lakers. Bynum needs to call up a real estate agent in Orlando and start doing some house hunting.

It's basically Melo all over again if Orlando tries to trade him instead of losing him for nothing. Certain teams like Houston, Clippers or NJ might have cap space or even assets, but if Dwight doesn't want to go there (and I don't think he will) he can put a stop to any trade.

Dwight to the Knicks, Nets, or Celtics two years from now when KG and Ray are gone, I don't want him on a good team because they would win the next several titles. Thunder and Bulls can make the best offers though. Westbrook by himself is far more valuable than Bynum as is Noah.

threenote

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
he also wants so badly to be Shaq, and young Shaq, not fat old Shaq, so it will be Lakers. Bynum needs to call up a real estate agent in Orlando and start doing some house hunting.
There's room in this town for both of them.

giri

The Chosen One said:
I think the Lakers fit Dwight's "hollywood" personality better. But basketball-wise, the Celtics are probably a better fit because they have Rondo. If Dwight goes to LA who knows who will be playing the point 2-3 years from now. Whereas Rondo will be in Boston for the foreseeable future.
how is rondo a fit for dwight at all? no really, that's just stupid. so the guy not guarding rondo can just double dwight in the post all day?

tmdorsey said:
You can't seriously be saying that today.

The last time we played the Celtics in the playoffs we took them to 7 games. How many games did the Knicks win again?

That was 3 years ago when the newly formed Big 3 were playing their first playoff series together. They've won a championship and made two Finals trips since then...

thekad

Banned
giri said:
I give it 3 games before dwight punches martin in the throat for taking stupid 3's while he's open under the basket. I mean stupider than nelsons.

KMart's team won more games than Nash's team this year.

u mad?

Ninja Scooter said:

It's basically Melo all over again if Orlando tries to trade him instead of losing him for nothing. Certain teams like Houston, Clippers or NJ might have cap space or even assets, but if Dwight doesn't want to go there (and I don't think he will) he can put a stop to any trade.

If Dwight goes to the Lakers, the league will probably revolt.

exarkun

I read almost everything Adande writes. And I love the way he writes. But, I often dislike what he talks about because its about the Lakers/Celtics/Other Established franchises. Give Kevin Love some love!

giri said:
how is rondo a fit for dwight at all? no really, that's just stupid. so the guy not guarding rondo can just double dwight in the post all day?

One, I think Rondo will improve his jump shot at least a little bit in a couple of years.

Two, Rondo knows how to run an offense and get everyone in their sweet spots. It wouldn't just be Rondo and Dwight. It would be Rondo, Dwight, and any other solid role-players Boston would have. When Rondo is in full facilitator mode, everyone else on the team plays better. Everyone gets easier shots, which relieves pressure from the individuals. You think old Ray Allen would be shooting the highest 3 point percentage of his career on any other team right now?

exarkun said:
I read almost everything Adande writes. And I love the way he writes. But, I often dislike what he talks about because its about the Lakers/Celtics/Other Established franchises. Give Kevin Love some love!

A guy that puts up numbers on a 17 win team? Yeah lets give White Shareef Abdur Raheem some love.

linsivvi

exarkun said:

You do know where he is from and which newspaper he worked for before ESPN, right? Of course it's all about those franchises....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom