• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

The Chosen One said:
One, I think Rondo will improve his jump shot at least a little bit in a couple of years.

Two, Rondo knows how to run an offense and get everyone in their sweet spots. It wouldn't just be Rondo and Dwight. It would be Rondo, Dwight, and any other solid role-players Boston would have. When Rondo is in full facilitator mode, everyone else on the team plays better. Everyone gets easier shots, which relieves pressure from the individuals. You think old Ray Allen would be shooting the highest 3 point percentage of his career on any other team right now?
Rondo facilitates an offense with some fantastic shooters, you take them out, and it's just him on the break. And rondo's had years in the league now, and his jumper is still shit, and so is his FT%, he's NOW going to have a break through season? please.

Ray allen shoots that percentage cause he's ray fucking allen.

Rondo is a horrible match for dwight.

tmdorsey

The Chosen One said:
That was 3 years ago when the newly formed Big 3 were playing their first playoff series together. They've won a championship and made two Finals trips since then...
Yeah that was the Celtic team that won the championship that year, so I don't think this current Celtic team is better than that one.

What is reasoning for saying the Hawks are inferior to the Knicks when they just got swept out the playofffs?

SamuraiX-

Bishman said:
phpV2jyRq_thumb_SweepBoston.jpg

gotdayum

LOL

exarkun

Ninja Scooter said:
A guy that puts up numbers on a 17 win team? Yeah lets give White Shareef Abdur Raheem some love.

More like a white Artis Gilmore. Give credit to the white man, I know you're racist.

Blackface

Banned
I went to go do the trade for the Raptors, and even I, as a homer, couldn't put together something where I didn't cringe for Orlando.

Why the fuck did BC give Kleiza a 5 year contract at almost 5 million a season.

mother of fucking christ.

It sure is pretty crazy seeing Ariza shoot 40% for 2 years and now start making everything inside the arc like it's nothing.

Lakers rotation to him has been very poor, though.

giri

Black Mamba said:
It sure is pretty crazy seeing Ariza shoot 40% for 2 years and now start making everything inside the arc like it's nothing.

Lakers rotation to him has been very poor, though.
Kobe can't keep up with him on D.

Doomsayer

Ariza putting in work, but I think he will cool down... hopefully.

Lakers ball movement is nice and they are establishing the post early, I like what I see offensively.

Shitty rotations on defense though, clean that shit up.

Blackface

Banned
MPW said:
the right answer

it's an awful trade.

Any trade Orlando does, it will be for expiring contracts and draft picks, unless they can get a star in return. That said, outside of guys like Lebron and Wade, no star is fgoing to impact the Magic like Dwight did.

They are looking at a rebuild. You need salary room and picks for that to happen. Not Luke fucking Walton and a sixth year, injury prone center who has yet to average a double double.

Pre-playoffs predictions:

CHI in 4, MIA in 7, BOS in 5, ATL in 7, MEM in 6, LAL in 6, POR in 7, DEN in 7.

Completely wrong on the Denver prediction, but good everywhere else.

giri said:
Kobe can't keep up with him on D.

he hasn't, but he scored after Kobe came out, too. The rotations to him were weak. I'm sure partially the Lakers want him taking shots and creating, since he's not good at it, but you can't leave him that open, either.

Barrage

Blackface said:
I went to go do the trade for the Raptors, and even I, as a homer, couldn't put together something where I didn't cringe for Orlando.

Why the fuck did BC give Kleiza a 5 year contract at almost 5 million a season.

mother of fucking christ.

My expectations have been so broken, my DREAM Raptor trade is for Rudy Gay.

Blackface

Banned
Barrage said:
My expectations have been so broken, my DREAM Raptor trade is for Rudy Gay.

The best part is we have a 9 million trade exception that we have not used, that will either expire, or become useless with the new contract and trade rules in the upcoming CBA.

Cloudy

Banned
Obviously Ariza does not fear the Lakers at all. He is taking it right at them lol. Kobe might wanna start hitting some shots or we could throw this game away

dream

Cloudy said:
Obviously Ariza does not fear the Lakers at all. He is taking it right at them lol. Kobe might wanna start hitting some shots or we could throw this game away

Maybe he's sick of being called Former Laker Trevor Ariza. Little brother syndrome.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Knux-Future said:
Fuck that

Iggy, Speights/Hawes and like the rest of our picks until 2013 for Dwight

Not trying to hate, but when was the last time a super-star has wanted to play in Philly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom