• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
dream said:
Kobe with that bewildered grandfather look in his eyes

IdontcareKobewhoMypreciousPSPFun-2.gif

punkypine

Blackace said:
Not trying to hate, but when was the last time a super-star has wanted to play in Philly?
There's no way in hell it happens, but i'd just like to point out that Boston pulled it off. For a long time, nobody wanted to play there either. Someone could argue that maybe Boston's legacy had something to do with it, but it was almost 20 years, and guys like Dwight Howard don't remember that stuff. Not to mention, while they aren't the Lakers/Celtics, the sixers have a decent historical legacy.

Anyway, my point is that while the sixers arent the lakers, knicks, or somewhere like Miami with nice weather, they aren't Toronto or memphis either

Sadly, the draft that where they had the #2 pick was a 1 player draft, so we're in for a decade of mediocrity

dream

FrenchMovieTheme said:
damn hornets are amped up right now.

but chris paul make have awoken the sleeping giant kobe. i hate the lakers and kobe but i know how he gets when people start pissing him off. he's going to drop 30 in the 2nd half guaranteed

Yeah, on like 50 shots.

exarkun said:
HAHAHAH at kobe and paul.

What could they have said to each other? Kobe is just jealous that he's getting styled on.

You know CP3 called him old and slow...you just know he did.

Lakers need to be careful to start the 3rd. Gave all the momentum up to New Orleans.

Damn, when Bynum came out the defense went to shit. But the offense was just so stupid. Bad shots. Pau needs to dunk that, too.

Hopefully, Kobe doesn't force it. Lakers need to start the 3rd off strong, otherwise they'll lose.

edit: Not sure the big deal about CP3 gettin by Kobe. Kobe is a 6'6 SG. It's kind of tough to guard guys that much smaller than you.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
this playoffs has been a real year of the underdog.. loving it so far

Tom Penny

Lakers are going to kill them the 2nd half. You have to be realistic. Artest and Ariza will not be the best players in the 2nd half. That leaves everyone else. If Belinelli would stop bricking his wide open 3's they could make it interesting.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
punkypine said:
There's no way in hell it happens, but i'd just like to point out that Boston pulled it off. For a long time, nobody wanted to play there either. Someone could argue that maybe Boston's legacy had something to do with it, but it was almost 20 years, and guys like Dwight Howard don't remember that stuff. Not to mention, while they aren't the Lakers/Celtics, the sixers have a decent historical legacy.

Anyway, my point is that while the sixers arent the lakers, knicks, or somewhere like Miami with nice weather, they aren't Toronto or memphis either

I don't think you can compare the Celtics history and the 76ers history at ALL... and again not trying to shit on Philly but it has that Det/Cle quailty of living factor going with it..

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Well, that half is what happens when Ariza plays like a god and Kobe plays like a pile of shit.

We are fuuuuuucked if Kobe continues to play like this and our bigs continue to get into foul trouble. Utterly fucked...

ESPNStatsInfo: Kobe: first scoreless half in playoff game since May 25, 2004 vs T-wolves...Kobe had 22 in 2nd half

He needs to make some of those shots, though. but the fucking goaltending should give him 2 points! Refs obviously trying to create a dramatic situation!

The actual city part of Philly is nice....but everything else....is well...suspect.

We have to sell the town as a blue-collar, tough town that needs tough people and that if you win here they will love you...That's not a great sell.

Knux-Future said:
The actual city part of Philly is nice....but everything else....is well...suspect.

We have to sell the town as a blue-collar, tough town that needs tough people and that if you win here they will love you...That's not a great sell.
If you throw enough money at a player he will play in fucking Afghanistan.

Is Kobe really scoreless in the first half??????? Is this real life???

CherryWoodFuton said:

Is Kobe really scoreless in the first half??????? Is this real life???

Too bad we throw said money at dudes like Matt fucking Geiger

The Pau-Odom line-up has been the lineup gotten beaten up on tonight. Surprised how it hasn't been able to score. Fouls for Drew are going to be key here, I suppose.

Just not executing well for about 4 minutes. Also rebounding. Some have been bad bounced, but others are just not securing those boards.

punkypine

Blackace said:
I don't think you can compare the Celtics history and the 76ers history at ALL... and again not trying to shit on Philly but it has that Det/Cle quailty of living factor going with it..
I disagree. Might seem like that because of basketball, but in football, baseball, and hockey, they spend a ton and stars want to play there. In fact, baseball players took less money to come because they liked the city (and not guys from here originally). Again, its no new york/california/florida, but its not cleveland either.

Some of the areas around the city are consistently labeled as among the richest and/or best places to live in the country. The problem is that the inner city is just really ghetto

Its not a city wide thing, its more of a sixers thing. The other teams have no problems attracting not just free agents, but superstar free agents

jjasper

Knux-Future said:

Thats our sell (and the if you do anything above average you will get overpaid).

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
CherryWoodFuton said:
I don't think so. The Wolves biggest free agent move ever was probably Mike James. That's rough.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
NO having the points advantage in the paint is just fucking embarrassing.

We have all this size and we've taken 9 3 pointers in one half.

ugggh

dream

I want a miracle run for the Hornets all the way to the finals. A 7 game series with Rondo vs Paul would be the best basketball ever.

Kobe needs to keep trying to facilitate. A lot of times when he has bad shooting starts he has a tendency to keep trying and shoots us out of the game.

edit: this is reminding me a lot of Game 1, where we were getting poor rotations on Paul.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
They called THAT?

refs must have met and said "okay guys, let's get LA back in this thing. Especially Kobe"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom