• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forceatowulf said:
well... at least the Dallas/Portland game looks like it might go 6 or 7. And we still have HCA. That's something right?

Chris Paul also sold his first born sons soul to get another ridiculous game I see. Oh well what are ya gonna do?

So lets get a run down of what dicked the Lakers tonight?

1. Ariza playing well above his talent/skill level for the first half
  2. Chris Paul going into God-Mode
  3. Laker bigs not rebounding
  4. LO going Ghost yet again. (Hi, Mr. Inconsistent! Long time no see! We've been expecting you!)
  5. Kobe playing like shit offensively and defensively
  6. Phil Jackson terrible rotations. (Why the FUCK was Barnes in for so long?? Why did it take till the 7:50 mark to get Kobe back in??)
  7. Pau playing below his talent/Skill level once again
  8. Sunday game (WE ALWAYS FUCKING SUCK ASS ON SUNDAY'S)

We'll definitely get the win on Tuesday and then we'll close it out on Thursday.

It really fucking sucks that it has to come to this though. We could have ended this shit tonight and shattered their confidence. Instead we've got a 6, possibly 7, game series on our hands and a Kobe injury. Lovely...

Why are you assuming you guys win game 5 without hearing how bad Kobe's ankle is?

StickSoldier said:
The Lakers will win the series most likely, but how confident do you feel about them going into a series against Portland or the Mavs? I'm still surprised at how well the Hornets front court are playing against the Lakers bigs. I figured Bynum/Pau would destroy them, but damn.

It's Landry. Pau sees him and wilts for some reason. If there is one thing I've learned about this Laker team though the last few years, it's that whatever happens in round 1 doesn't necessarily translate directly over to round 2. Guys all of a sudden start playing better against different competition. I think they came out soft against the Hornets thinking they would cakewalk, I don't think they'll have that same mentality in round 2 and (hopefully) round 3. We struggled in round 1 the last 2 years and then steamrolled in the 2nd round both times. That said, I am secretly hoping Dallas wins their series. We have a much better history against the Mavs than the Blazers.

StickSoldier said:
The Lakers will win the series most likely, but how confident do you feel about them going into a series against Portland or the Mavs? I'm still surprised at how well the Hornets front court are playing against the Lakers bigs. I figured Bynum/Pau would destroy them, but damn.

Very confident they'd win the series. For one, Dallas is weak on all fronts (physically and mentally). On the other one, Portland's offense can't win 4 games just like New Orleans can't and Portland's defense is worse than New Orleans's D.

But I'm not very confident they'll beat OKC in the WCF. I wish i was on NBA-gaf all year, but I've been of the belief the team is mentally tired all season, so I've doubted their ability to get back to the Finals. 4 Finals in a row has never happened in the modern era and I think it's just because of how grueling it is (plus the luck factor in injuries).

Ninja - Lakers had Houston game 7 in 2nd round, not 1st.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
StickSoldier said:
Dude, this is the same front line that got beasted on by Joel Anthony and Bitch Bosh.... twice.
obijkenobi said:
Why are you assuming you guys win game 5 without hearing how bad Kobe's ankle is?
He played on it so it can't be that bad. I've seen him take faaaar worse falls and be A-OK. The dude is in-human.

Also, we don't need him to be a Stud in order to beat this team. This series rests on our bigs shoulders. And no one else.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
CP3 and BR7 delivered "who needs meniscii?" performances of the forever.

Ninja Scooter said:
WTF is Kenny smoking? Lakers lost 7 games last playoffs, not 12.

Blame Ron. After the game 2 win he said they lost 12 last year in the playoffs. Guess Kenny took him at his word.
KuGsj.gif

Doomsayer

Black Mamba said:
Blame Ron. After the game 2 win he said they lost 12 last year in the playoffs. Guess Kenny took him at his word.
KuGsj.gif

He said they can lose 12 and win 16 and it would still be a successful post-season.

lakers aren't losing this series but i honestly thought it was going to be a sweep, MAYBE the hornets would get 1 game.

the problem for the hornets is they basically have to have their best game and the lakers have to play a bad game in order for the game to be close. that's not going to happen 4 times over a 7 game series unfortunately for the hornets. i think the lakers win game 5 in a blowout and then win a very close game 6.

and i think the lakers would rather play the mavs than the blazers. although the mavs have a lot more offensive fire power, the blazers matchup better with the lakers. lakers have no answer for greg oden either

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Some Mavs, such as Tyson Chandler and Terry, didn’t hesitate to give Carlisle a healthy share of the blame for the horrific collapse. Those players brought up the lack of adjustments when asked how the Dallas defense could go from dominant through three quarters to dreadful. Shawn Marion, who complained about being treated like a "rag doll" during last year's playoffs, was also miffed he spent most of the fourth quarter on the bench instead of getting a chance to guard Roy before the three-time All-Star had heated into a ridiculous zone.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mave...uld-fourth-quarter-be-fatal-for-rick-carlisle

SamuraiX-

obijkenobi said:

Hush you!

Lakers fans demand perfection from their team! Game 1 and 4 were just fluke wins for the Hornets. Nothing more!

It's still a moral sweep!

smurfx said:
dammit lakers stop fucking around and get the job done.

They wouldn't be the Lakers if they did that. They need to be challenged to care.

New Orleans is obviously playing harder in this series. If only they could play the Knicks.

edit: Phil mentioned the goaltending not called as a big momentum swing. If only he thought like I did about playing Bynum late in the game..

Ninja Scooter said:
It's Landry. Pau sees him and wilts for some reason. If there is one thing I've learned about this Laker team though the last few years, it's that whatever happens in round 1 doesn't necessarily translate directly over to round 2. Guys all of a sudden start playing better against different competition. I think they came out soft against the Hornets thinking they would cakewalk, I don't think they'll have that same mentality in round 2 and (hopefully) round 3. We struggled in round 1 the last 2 years and then steamrolled in the 2nd round both times. That said, I am secretly hoping Dallas wins their series. We have a much better history against the Mavs than the Blazers.

Yeah, thats true. It's like Landry is to Pau as what David West is to Dirk. Both of them just have a way to get into their heads it seems. Both Portland and Dallas have very big faults though. Portland have a hard time winning on the road so they'll probably lose every game in LA and Dallas will choke anyways, so round 2 will most likely be much easier on the Lakers. I do expect the Lakers to play a lot better next round.

Tom Penny

In the end it is still pure genius that the Lakers took the 2 see instead of the 1 seed. I don't even think they would get by Memphis then OKC / Denver back to back. It's an easier route to get were they need to regardless.

Forceatowulf said:
Dude, this is the same front line that got beasted on by Joel Anthony and Bitch Bosh.... twice.

LOL, you got a damn good point right there.

reilo said:

I'm glad they feel like that. I'm still pissed that RC didn't fucking try to trap or double team Roy ONE time. I was yellin the whole time for him to try once, but he just let Roy continue to burn each defender.

Phil should run some wing screens for Kobe when he has the ball. See if CP3 or Bellinelli will switch onto Kobe and get Ariza off of him.

That would be a smart wrinkle to throw in.

Bishman

reilo said:
It's true.

It doesn't make sense how in the regular season, we close our games out in the 4th with Kidd-JET-Marion-Dirk-Chandler but in game 4... Marion is sitting on the bench.

Cmon RC! Smarten up! And I need Dirk to demand for the f'ing ball when it comes crunch time. Stop passing to JET. You need to shoot. That is why I say have JET on the bench and Steveson in. Dirk will be forced to shoot.

Derwind

Welp the playoffs are getting fucking interesting. Sorry Knicks-age, the sweep was not pleasant to watch.

Oh and Heat-age....

HAHAHAHAA!!!! Lou Williams showing you guys up. Fucking wonderful!!!!

lwilliamsheadphones.jpg

dream

Phil just said they "punked out."

I can't wait until this guy walks away empty handed and spends his days writing haikus or whatever the fuck.

dream said:
Phil just said they "punked out."

I can't wait until this guy walks away empty handed and spends his days writing haikus or whatever the fuck.

But late for that, I think.

Is Pau really averaging like 4 rebounds per game in this series? yeeeesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom