• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsayer

Chris Paul is pretty funny. Talking about hitting his momma.

Well, hopefully Phil gives Pau the nastiest book he's ever read. Lamar should not get poon tonight, either.

Gigglepoo said:
You really have to stop spouting this. Please? For my sanity?

Sorry, it just infuriates me because it was soooo obvious.

Don't get me wrong. I'm blaming this loss on Laker rebounding, Kobe shooting, and missed FTs (and that fucking Pau fumble). That cost the Lakers the game. These are things they can control, so the 1 call isn't the reason they lost because the Lakers fucked up in other areas.

But it still pisses me the fuck off.

Lakers continually making it harder on themselves. Having to win this series in 6. Sigh. They will come out and push the Hornets around in game 5, pretty certain of that.

The team just seems so mentally fatigued.

Darkman M

On the bright side the whole squad was ass from top to bottom, Chris Paul doin his thing is expected, but we gave up way to many offensive boards Pau has to wake the fuck up.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Series is tied 2-2.

Reggie: if Paul can play like that three more times they have a shot.

How the hell is he on TV?

Doomsayer said:
Chris Paul is pretty funny. Talking about hitting his momma.

Well, hopefully Phil gives Pau the nastiest book he's ever read. Lamar should not get poon tonight, either.

lamar should get poon from his beast of a wife. that is his punishment

jimcarreythrowup.gif

Gigglepoo

sf2fanatic said:
CP3"he my bro"...So why u leaving then? Stay and keep the city alive

CP3 plays to half empty arenas because the city doesn't have enough money to support the team. I understand his frustration.

DMczaf said:
3 more times, Reggie?

Hornets have to win 5 games? That's some bullshit!

He was just getting caught up in the most famous Laker fan's twitter.

531puo.png

dream

Could it be that Brandy is just fucking cursed and brings his unfathomably bad luck to whatever team he roots for?

Chris Paul had 13 rebounds. pau and odom combined for 8.

While Chris Paul had a great game, that's not why the Lakers lost. New Orleans ONLY scored 90 and had 20 second chance points. Lakers not scoring 100 against a shit front line is why they lost. Rebounds and Kobe's shooting.

lakers shooting 43% is why they lost. It's their offense. LO 1/7. Kobe 5/18. That's why.

Ninja Scooter said:
I forsee it to end similar to the OKC and PHX series last year. We win game 5 then sneak a close win out on the road in game 6 to avoid a 7 game series.

1st round series is usually the hardest for the Lakers til the Finals...:)

Darkman M

Black Mamba said:

While Chris Paul had a great game, that's not why the Lakers lost. New Orleans ONLY scored 90 and had 20 second chance points. Lakers not scoring 100 against a shit front line is why they lost. Rebounds and Kobe's shooting.

lakers shooting 43% is why they lost. It's their offense. LO 1/7. Kobe 5/18. That's why.
We can and have won games on way worse then 5/18 sorry we lost this down low, our biggest advantage. 5/18 is bad though.

Ninja Scooter said:
Kenny is right. And our switches on Paul are what helped us contain him and win games 2 and 3, dont' understand the change tonight.

The offense lost em the game, not the switches. Ignore Cp3's line. They only scored 88 as a team before the intentional fouling.

We can and have won games on way worse then 5/18 sorry we lost this down low, our biggest advantage. 5/18 is bad though.

LO 1/7 is the other problem. 6/25 combined. You can almost never win shooting like that AND not rebounding.

dream said:
Could it be that Brandy is just fucking cursed and brings his unfathomably bad luck to whatever team he roots for?

This is my thought process as well. Great game from CP3, but my dad (Also a big Jazz fan) calling me and saying the Jazz should taken Paul almost caused me to slit my wrists.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
well... at least the Dallas/Portland game looks like it might go 6 or 7. And we still have HCA. That's something right?

Chris Paul also sold his first born sons soul to get another ridiculous game I see. Oh well what are ya gonna do?

So lets get a run down of what dicked the Lakers tonight?

1. Ariza playing well above his talent/skill level for the first half
  2. Chris Paul going into God-Mode
  3. Laker bigs not rebounding
  4. LO going Ghost yet again. (Hi, Mr. Inconsistent! Long time no see! We've been expecting you!)
  5. Kobe playing like shit offensively and defensively
  6. Phil Jackson terrible rotations. (Why the FUCK was Barnes in for so long?? Why did it take till the 7:50 mark to get Kobe back in??)
  7. Pau playing below his talent/Skill level once again
  8. Sunday game (WE ALWAYS FUCKING SUCK ASS ON SUNDAY'S)

We'll definitely get the win on Tuesday and then we'll close it out on Thursday.

It really fucking sucks that it has to come to this though. We could have ended this shit tonight and shattered their confidence. Instead we've got a 6, possibly 7, game series on our hands and a Kobe injury. Lovely...

Black Mamba said:

The Lakers will win the series most likely, but how confident do you feel about them going into a series against Portland or the Mavs? I'm still surprised at how well the Hornets front court are playing against the Lakers bigs. I figured Bynum/Pau would destroy them, but damn.

Tom Penny

Ninja Scooter said:
It's too bad the Knicks blew their load on Melo instead of waiting for CP3. Paul/Amare pick and rolls would have been fucking beautiful.

Knicks chose the better decision maker in Melo. Those are the breaks.

Black Mamba said:
The offense lost em the game, not the switches. Ignore Cp3's line. They only scored 88 as a team before the intentional fouling.

I'm not saying it's what cost us the game, as thankfully NOLA didn't go to it as much, but it was back to being game 1 bad, instead of game2/3 good, which is just puzzling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom