• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder is Westbrook took notice how they won tonight.

You win and lose on KD's shoulders in the playoffs.

Man, I really hope it's OKC vs Memphis. That would be a really fun series. Spurs would be overmatched.

I hope RW gets a fucking clue now. He needs to be more of a PG and not a shooting guard. Great to see them pull this game out, although the FT disparity was very questionable; with that said though I didn't get to see the whole game, so I'm not sure if it was like a Mavs/Blazers game or not.

Fatalah

nba-elite11.jpg

punkypine

How can you go in the backcourt after a timeout after you advanced it on your own?

You can do it when you advance the ball after a made shot (from inbounds), but i'm pretty sure once you took the ball over halfcourt yourself, you can't pass it back behind it. I think the refs butchered the call and then the announcers just said some nonsense (unless i'm mistaken)

Godslay

Banned
Well damn... Nuggets tried. They gave it a go in this game, and came up short. I'm not going to bitch about the refs, or the calls, it is what it is. Fun series, but it could have been better.

thekad

Banned
punkypine said:
How can you go in the backcourt after a timeout after you advanced it on your own?

You can do it when you advance the ball after a made shot (from inbounds), but i'm pretty sure once you took the ball over halfcourt yourself, you can't pass it back behind it. I think the refs butchered the call and then the announcers just said some nonsense (unless i'm mistaken)

Don't try to make sense of it. It was obviously a backcourt.

punkypine said:

Wow, you´re right. What a terrible call. How can no one on the Nuggets bench screamed this while they were discussing?

Drakken

KD so clutch in this one. Ridiculous.

Also it was a backcourt because of the 2nd step on the line; should have been reviewed. Bummer for the Nuggets, but oh well.

KingGondo

Banned
Godslay said:
Well damn... Nuggets tried. They gave it a go in this game, and came up short. I'm not going to bitch about the refs, or the calls, it is what it is. Fun series, but it could have been better.
Stick around for the rest of the playoffs man, everybody's been bitching all season how there isn't a Nuggets-Age.

SamuraiX-

Fatalah said:
Durant has me sitting here in awe. I love his style of play -- reminds me so much of Mike.

Jordan was much more smooth and had way more swagger.

KD impresses me, but he's still too young and hasn't done anything to brand him with the Jordan effect.

punkypine

seattle6418 said:
Wow, you´re right. What a terrible call. How can no one on the Nuggets bench screamed this while they were discussing?
yea i'm pretty sure everyone (including the announcers) are missing the point of why it was a back court. It didn't have anything to do with possession, he was just not allowed to go there period... unless the NBA recently changed the rule or something

Darkman M

Nuggets were up like 9 with 7 mins to go, then they started to Mav it up. That was a backcourt, but the thunder clearly out played them down the stretch.

Edit make your freethrows.

Tom Penny

rc213 said:
Refs were impressive tonight, They fought hard and found a way to get the game in their favor.

I'm sure I saw Denver with a 9 point lead down the stretch. Ibaka made big stops and Durant hit big shots. Period.

Red Blaster said:
Stolen team potentially steals a game. Makes sense.

I feel ya, it sucks when refs make bad calls, but at least you didn't have to go through the 2006 Finals being a Mavs fan. That shit would make you want to quit watching NBA forever.

Seda

As someone who didn't watch a whole lot of Thunder games this year, why isn't/wasn't Durant in the MVP discussion? Lots of shout outs to Rose, Howard, Dirk, and James, but why not Durant?

I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be based on one game/series, but I remember everyone talking up Durant last year and he's kinda gone under the radar this year.

Godslay

Banned
KingGondo said:
Stick around for the rest of the playoffs man, everybody's been bitching all season how there isn't a Nuggets-Age.

Congrats by the way.

I'll be around, you have to understand this is pretty much what is expected of Nuggets. Nothing new here.

From the NBA Rulebook on inbounds:

e. Any ball out-of-bounds in a team's frontcourt or at the midcourt line cannot be passed into the backcourt. On all backcourt and midcourt violations, the ball shall be awarded to the opposing team at the midcourt line, and must be passed into the frontcourt.
EXCEPTION: During the last two minutes of the fourth period and/or any overtime period, the ball may be passed anywhere (frontcourt or backcourt) on the court.

SamuraiX-

Darkman M said:
Nuggets were up like 9 with 7 mins to go, then they started to Mav it up. That was a backcourt, but the thunder clearly out played them down the stretch.

Edit make your freethrows.

It's not just that.

Nuggets have not a single guy on this team that is capable of closing a game. They need to tank ASAP otherwise it's just gonna be more first round exits.

CHUCK WIT DAT REFEREE ETHER

After seeing it again, It wasn't "technically" a backcourt violation, but it's only because the ref called it too early. If he would have waited for Durant's 2nd step, THAT was a back court. Reinforcing my case that NBA refs are fucking morons. And you guys think these idiots are smart enough to fix games?

Seda said:
As someone who didn't watch a whole lot of Thunder games this year, why isn't/wasn't Durant in the MVP discussion? Lots of shout outs to Rose, Howard, Dirk, and James, but why not Durant?

I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be based on one game/series, but I remember everyone talking up Durant last year and he's kinda gone under the radar this year.

They got off to a bad start because they had Jeff Green on their roster, Westbrook took attention away from Durant, Durant's numbers went down a little bit. He was definitely overlooked in the discussion though.

KingGondo

Banned
Godslay said:
Congrats by the way.

I'll be around, you have to understand this is pretty much what is expected of Nuggets. Nothing new here.
I used to live in Denver 'til I was 12 actually, I vividly remember years and years of futility.

You've been a great sport, I can easily imagine other posters here really losing their cool after a game like that.

Seda

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
They got off to a bad start because they had Jeff Green on their roster, Westbrook took attention away from Durant, Durant's numbers went down a little bit. He was definitely overlooked in the discussion though.

hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom