• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.... He's arguing about the ref being over ruled, but it's still the right call according to them. So I understand that his mad that the ref on the baseline overruled it, but at least it was the correct call.

Godslay

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
It's not just that.

Nuggets have not a single guy on this team that is capable of closing a game. They need to tank ASAP otherwise it's just gonna be more first round exits.

CHUCK WIT DAT REFEREE ETHER

Oddly enough I agree with you. I thought that one of the guys would step up (Affalo or Lawson, ideally), but it never happened.

numble

Ninja Scooter said:
After seeing it again, It wasn't "technically" a backcourt violation, but it's only because the ref called it too early. If he would have waited for Durant's 2nd step, THAT was a back court. Reinforcing my case that NBA refs are fucking morons. And you guys think these idiots are smart enough to fix games?
I think the fix games part is just people joking most of the time, but people have to agree that referees are blowing a lot of calls. Why else would they introduce new things to help the refs get calls right almost every single year?

Seda

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
It's true.

I'm laughing because it is probably true. It was just the candid matter-o-fact way you presented it that got me laughing.

Edit: Oh I see, I didn't mean 'ha ha ha' as a sarcastic laugh, more of a muted chuckle

Godslay

Banned
KingGondo said:
I used to live in Denver 'til I was 12 actually, I vividly remember years and years of futility.

You've been a great sport, I can easily imagine other posters here really losing their cool after a game like that.

Thanks, I no longer live in Denver, but after so many years I'm not giving up on this damn team.

Fatalah

SamuraiX- said:
Jordan was much more smooth and had way more swagger.

KD impresses me, but he's still too young and hasn't done anything to brand him with the Jordan effect.

My forbidden comparison sits well with me! KD is one fine basketball player.

Ninja Scooter said:
After seeing it again, It wasn't "technically" a backcourt violation, but it's only because the ref called it too early. If he would have waited for Durant's 2nd step, THAT was a back court. Reinforcing my case that NBA refs are fucking morons. And you guys think these idiots are smart enough to fix games?

I thought Chuck and them said that it wasn't a back court violation because KD stepped on the line, causing him not to be established in neither front nor backcourt? Maybe I misheard.

Ninja Scooter said:

After watching the LA vs Sac series years ago, yeah.

StickSoldier said:
I thought Chuck and them said that it wasn't a back court violation because KD stepped on the line, causing him not to be established on neither front nor backcourt? Maybe I misheard.

Yeah that's how I saw it.

sunday's game is at 3:30. that's like the worst possible time it could have happened. fuck, i won't know the score till i look on my phone :(

KingGondo

Banned
numble said:
I think the fix games part is just people joking most of the time, but people have to agree that referees are blowing a lot of calls. Why else would they introduce new things to help the refs get calls right almost every single year?
Truth be told, accurately calling an NBA game is almost impossible because of the speed and quickness of those players. The refs tend to do a decent job most of the time, but they're far from perfect.

But you're right that the call should have been reviewed. Doubt if it would have been overturned, but it was a very close call.

exarkun

dream said:
Chuck is so right about the role of a point guard.

fuck you bitches, I told you guys last night that I don't get cable til the 7th and how I love inside the nba and you guys do this to me? Man, I'm heated. Why can't you do a play by play for Chuck like you do Khloe, dream?

But seriously, Im missing some good shit aren't I?

SamuraiX-

The point is that some things that happen on the court aren't even fucking close, but they continue to be called incorrectly in late game situations.

Karakand

Ninja Scooter said:
It's really not that hard to orchestrate point shaving.

dream

exarkun said:
fuck you bitches, I told you guys last night that I don't get cable til the 7th and how I love inside the nba and you guys do this to me? Man, I'm heated. Why can't you do a play by play for Chuck like you do Khloe, dream?

But seriously, Im missing some good shit aren't I?

Yes you are.

Chuck is basically saying point guards should play like RR9.

go ahead, dIEHARD

5662811852_89896a11fb_o.gif

Men on Film: NBA Edition.

thekad

Banned
KingGondo said:
Truth be told, accurately calling an NBA game is almost impossible because of the speed and quickness of those players. The refs tend to do a decent job most of the time, but they're far from perfect.

But you're right that the call should have been reviewed. Doubt if it would have been overturned, but it was a very close call.

It was overturned. Without review.

Just call a spade a spade; it was a bad call. You guys probably would have won anyway.

KingGondo said:

yes, but... [looks at avatar]

oh, nevermind.

Black Mamba said:
From the NBA Rulebook on inbounds:

It was a out of bounds play, it was a timeout, called after the Thunder had advanced the ball.

I´m surprised nobody has picked up on this, if the rules haven´t changed, you can´t go backcourt on a situation like that, in which you advanced the ball dribbling and called a timeout.

It wasn´t a dead ball situation in which advancing and then going back is allowed.

I´m 99% sure the rule hasn´t changed.

It´s not a dead ball play, so your rule quote doesn´t apply.

diddles

Banned
man on that replay, i can't believe how stupid memphis was on that last play. two guys playing defense in the paint............

dream

dIEHARD said:
Sorry every time i see RR9 i just think Ridge Racer.

You're no fun anymore. You've just given up, haven't you? What was the last straw? Coach Sloan? Deron? Jimmer? The avatar?

Doomsayer

StickSoldier said:
Are you saying it's a "bad" call because it was overturned without being reviewed?

It's a "bad" call because it was wrong. They advanced the ball and then called a timeout, then he proceeds to step into the backcourt. That is a fucking backcourt. If you don't think it is you obviously don't know the rules or are a complete homer.

dream

Sorry but nothing is going to top Bosh holding a mic tightly to his face and talking about being caliente, then giggling like a schoolgirl.

dream

"The only advantage the Celtics have is they score and they defend."

Great insight.

"Boston's going to struggle against Kevin Garnett."

It's like drunk ass C-Webb just took over.

KingGondo

Banned
dream said:
"The only advantage the Celtics have is they score and they defend."

Great insight.

"Boston's going to struggle against Kevin Garnett."

It's like drunk ass C-Webb just took over.
Watching Chuck for insightful analysis is like watching Fox News for objectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom