• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
BruceLeeRoy said:
I invested in a ridiculously overpriced set of headphones and a Ipad so my wife doesn't have to experience the bi-polar peaks, plummets and animal threats of 2008. Now as soon as she hears the chatter of the crowd she disappears out of room like she put on Saurons ring.

My wife would go for this. Although we really need two TV's. The one I bought wasn't supposed to replace the one I had. My old one was supposed to move to the bedroom. Instead the crappy DLP burned out.

She's a good wife though. She knows post season basketball is something special to me.

Truphenom

Lakers play again on Friday? Old fucks are gonna look like Boston soon. The Mavs put themselves in a great position but if they lose both at home they're fucked.

BruceLeeRoy said:
I invested in a ridiculously overpriced set of headphones and a Ipad so my wife doesn't have to experience the bi-polar peaks, plummets and animal threats of 2008. Now as soon as she hears the chatter of the crowd she disappears out of room like she put on Saurons ring.

What brand and price?

SamuraiX-

viakado said:
I'll believe pau has gone over the cliff because maybe he's heartbroken. Maybe someone died. Or a girl left him. I'll accept that. But not because he's old. Or that dirk plays good post defense. Lol at that insinuation.

From what I saw, the Mavs were doubling him pretty aggressively last night and not allowing him to get into any kind of rhythm. They didn't give Pau the advantage of using dat finesse that he loves so much.

AShep said:
Laker fans are a melodramatic lot huh? I can't sleep, I can't do my assignment, I can't watch basketball any more.

You just won 2 fucking titles. Spurs fans didn't bitch out like this.

I eagerly await the 'we have passion unlike you LLLs' retort. Don't mistake entitlement for passion.

Finally you nailed something on the head.

Congrats!

dream

SephCast said:
Not solved. Who's the backup PG then? John Lucas? CJ isn't exactly a premier shotmaker/second option. It works sometimes, but in the same way that Hinrich and Rose worked. Not a permanent solution.

I miss Hinrich.

I'm sure you'll be able to pick up Carlos Arroyo or Nate Robinson in the offseason.

SamuraiX- said:
From what I saw, the Mavs were doubling him pretty aggressively last night and not allowing him to get into any kind of rhythm. They didn't give Pau the advantage of using dat finesse that he loves so much.

Say whatever you want. Whatever defensive ploy that's being used etc etc. Pau last year was a beast compared to this year in the post season.

Just when you think he might be starting to shed the "soft" title too.

Fool was getting punked by Landry and Gray.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
thirty said:
the laker nation is ready to gut their team to trade for this dude now.

What pieces would Orlando want from the Lakers exactly? Their roster is relative garbage for any team that is rebuilding.

dream said:
Isn't that what Deng's there for?

Deng now warrants a Durant comparison? wat

The better analogy would be Boozer. He's a max contract 20/10 regular season PF, but he always shrinks in the playoffs. If anything, he's Rose's alternative when he's struggling. But Boozer is terrible in these situations.

THRILLH0

Banned
The problem with Pau is that when his shot isn't falling he doesn't have the aggressiveness to back someone down or just jump over them to fuck someone up and get his rhythm back.

Great big men need to dominate their opponent one way or the other. For McHale, Duncan and Dream it was never really a problem because they were so good in the post they could get whatever they wanted.

What guys like DRob, KG, Shaq, Amare, Dwight and even now Marc Gasol had/have, is the ability to tear the rim down to get their juices flowing and put their opponent on watch.

Fenderputty said:
Just when you think he might be starting to shed the "soft" title too.
stoudemire--300x300.jpg

... wat

AShep said:
Laker fans are a melodramatic lot huh? I can't sleep, I can't do my assignment, I can't watch basketball any more.

You just won 2 fucking titles. Spurs fans didn't bitch out like this.

I eagerly await the 'we have passion unlike you LLLs' retort. Don't mistake entitlement for passion.
Joke post? Or did you miss when TCB (a spurs fan) melted down and bitched out in exactly the fashion you are describing to a tee during the Spurs/Grizz series?

He even threatened to stop watching the NBA altogether because things were so unfair for his poor 4 time champion Spurs.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
dream said:
Isn't that what Deng's there for?

Deng isn't a second option. He can't create a shot in isolation. Boozer was supposed to be the second option, but that's not happening.

Truphenom

AShep said:
The problem with Pau is that when his shot isn't falling he doesn't have the aggressiveness to back someone down or just jump over them to fuck someone up and get his rhythm back.

Great big men need to dominate their opponent one way or the other. For McHale, Duncan and Dream it was never really a problem because they were so good in the post they could get whatever they wanted.

What guys like DRob, KG, Shaq, Amare, Dwight and even now Marc Gasol had/have, is the ability to tear the rim down to get their juices flowing and put their opponent on watch.

Dude got blocked by Stevenson while going for a lay up instead of a dunk. I think that shows where his intensity level is. This is after he coughed up the ball when Kobe bumped into him in game 1. He's just a Shawn Bradley tier pussy, except he yells in triumph when he floats shots over JJ and Terry. Chump ass bitch.

SephCast said:
Deng isn't a second option. He can't create a shot in isolation. Boozer was supposed to be the second option, but that's not happening.
Sounding more and more like we should rename them the Chicago Bullveliers.

SUPREME1

Banned
viakado said:
I'll believe pau has gone over the cliff because maybe he's heartbroken. Maybe someone died. Or a girl left him. I'll accept that. But not because he's old. Or that dirk plays good post defense. Lol at that insinuation.

I agree.

I'm not putting Pau on blast because he's old and just can't doi it anymore. I'm putting him on blast because I knwo what he's capable of. When his mind is right, he's a top 3 big in the league.

Something is going on in his personal life [someone over at LG.net mentioned he's having problems with his live in girlfriend] and it's come at the worst time possible. This is why it's so frustrating. He has an opportunity to be part of somethign real special, but he needs to carry his own weight in order for it happen.

Kobe once said that when the playoffs start, he banishes his wife and kids to the other side of the house and he does nothing but focus and prepare for the task at hand.

This is when max copntracts are earned. This is what really matters. If your girl cannot give you the space at this time, then she don't really give a fuck about you. I'd say he should drop her, but it'd probably push him completely over the cliff.

Phil, it's up to you old man. Get it done.

In Phil We Trust

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SephCast said:
Then, the Bulls aren't getting a second option. They're tied up financially for the next four years. They'll probably have to trade Asik (and someone else) for a serviceable starting SG.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ninja Scooter said:
Joke post? Or did you miss when TCB (a spurs fan) melted down and bitched out in exactly the fashion you are describing to a tee during the Spurs/Grizz series?

He even threatened to stop watching the NBA altogether because things were so unfair for his poor 4 time champion Spurs.
This was before the series because he's been banned for the playoffs.

He complained that his poor Spurs have been robbed of championships due to injuries.

Truphenom said:
Dude got blocked by Stevenson while going for a lay up instead of a dunk. I think that shows where his intensity level is. This is after he coughed up the ball when Kobe bumped into him in game 1. He's just a Shawn Bradley tier pussy, except he yells in triumph when he floats shots over JJ and Terry. Chump ass bitch.

Bingo ...

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
SoulPlaya said:
Then, the Bulls aren't getting a second option. They're tied up financially for the next four years. They'll probably have to trade Asik (and someone else) for a serviceable starting SG.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/bulls.jsp

Korver, Brewer, and Watson all come off the books in 2012. Team options. During the offseason this year, they'll probably end up trading Asik or Taj for Mayo after seeing their weaknesses exploited this year.

bionic77

The Stealth Fox said:
Pittsburgh Lakers
It's been a tough year for our kind this year.

And Pau has sucked all year outside of a monster first month. Either he is injured or he is fucked up in the head. We will find out the truth in a few weeks.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SephCast said:
http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/bulls.jsp

Korver, Brewer, and Watson all come off the books in 2012. Team options. During the offseason this year, they'll probably end up trading Asik or Taj for Mayo after seeing their weaknesses exploited this year.
They'll keep Watson as a backup, and they'll keep Korver as a backup. Hopefully, they also keep Gibson as a backup, since they'll need him when Boozer is injured. They'll also have to get a backup center, since Thomas will retire soon.

tmdorsey

verbum said:
Despite having Josh Smith playing for them, despite the Bulls having to win last night, despite 33.8% shooting in the game, despite losing the rebound contest 58-39, Atlanta only lost by 13 points.
Playing at home, I am very optimistic about the Hawks' chances for the next two games. Josh Smith is our albatross-I wonder if they will cut back his playing time. I certainly hope so.

Also, Josh seems to act less stupid when he plays at home. We hold home court, we are home free.

Rose's supporting cast isn't bad. Noah is up there with Chandler and Ibaka for second best player, Boozer similar in quality to Westbrook and JET, etc. Dirk and Durant could win the Finals with supporting casts that are very similar.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Lakers aren't done. I've seen Dallas collapse before. I don't trust Dirk.

Still, hope Dallas wins ;)

Go Blake Superior.

We've all seen the mavs collapse. I still have that sinking feeling that they will collapse again this year. But, you can trust Dirk (I believe he puts up better numbers in elimination games). You just can't trust the other 11 guys suited up, specifically terry/haywood/stevenson/barea/peja.

I don't know why some Lakers fans are freaking out. If they were smart they'd have known this was coming since December. Shouldn't be news that this team doesn't belong in the top tier any longer. Ron is fatty and crazy Ron. Gasol would be pushed around in the WNBA. Kobe is still tryin but he can't do it himself anymore. Fisher shouldn't be playing anymore. The bench stinks. Lakers fans need to embrace mediocrity. BTW, lets bring back Anthony Peeler and Co.

dream

LovingSteam said:
I don't know why some Lakers fans are freaking out. If they were smart they'd have known this was coming since December. Shouldn't be news that this team doesn't belong in the top tier any longer. Ron is fatty and crazy Ron. Gasol would be pushed around in the WNBA. Kobe is still tryin but he can't do it himself anymore. Fisher shouldn't be playing anymore. The bench stinks. Lakers fans need to embrace mediocrity. BTW, lets bring back Anthony Peeler and Co.

Douchebag Prophet speaks truth. We already have plans to bury the hatchet and have a toast to the end of an era.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Rose's supporting cast isn't bad. Noah is up there with Chandler and Ibaka for second best player, Boozer similar in quality to Westbrook and JET, etc. Dirk and Durant could win the Finals with supporting casts that are very similar.

It's not bad, but the ballhandling load is always on Rose. They're not going to play CJ Watson with Rose in crunch time.

LovingSteam said:

Cedric Cebalos!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Lakers fans are throwing up the white flag already? Will you guys act smug and arrogant when the Lakers come back and win it?

Korver would be great if he could create his own shots.

I like how every non bulls fan is calling Rose out for playing shitty. We know he is, we are fine with it as we know he can turn it around and we can still beat the hawks this series. While some people are putting Rose in the HOF after his third year most bulls fans on here didn't even have them coming out of the east before the playoffs started...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
cuevas said:
Korver would be great if he could create his own shots.

I like how every non bulls fan is calling Rose out for playing shitty. We know he is, we are fine with it as we know he can turn it around and we can still beat the hawks this series. While some people are putting Rose in the HOF after his third year most bulls fans on here didn't even have them coming out of the east before the playoffs started...
Yeah, I saw them barely getting to the ECF, no further.

So what should we expect from non Heat fans on NBAGAF when the Heatles win this year? I propose a mass strike. Perhaps we can create a thread for non Heatle fans and one for Heatle fans.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
SoulPlaya said:
Lakers fans are throwing up the white flag already? Will you guys act smug and arrogant when the Lakers come back and win it?

They'd be the third team ever to come back in a best of seven after losing the first two at home.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
LovingSteam said:
So what should we expect from non Heat fans on NBAGAF when the Heatles win this year? I propose a mass strike. Perhaps we can create a thread for non Heatle fans and one for Heatle fans.
I support this, actually. I really do.

LovingSteam said:

It's fine, they wont show up again till the playoffs start next year.

cuevas said:
It's fine, they wont show up again till the playoffs start next year.

You underestimate the lifelongers. They will become a virus on NBAGAF. Every other post will be how Riley is a general, Wade is a top 10 player, Bron is a great person and a top 5 player of all time. How Heat fans deserve the title. How they're one of the greatest tandems, teams of all time. We need to cut them off from NBA-Age civilization. Let us not underestimate them like Chamberlain underestimated Germany!

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
SoulPlaya said:
Yeah, I saw them barely getting to the ECF, no further.

That's what these last 10+ years of watching the Bulls does to us. Makes us realistic. I won't even be that depressed if we lose in the ECF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom