• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
A little birdie says the Timberwolves are negotiating a buyout on the remaining two years of coach Kurt Rambis' contract.
Great. Sam Mitchell future. Can't wait for David Kahn to waste another lottery pick.

thekad

Banned
Pau was one of the best players in the league this season. He, like Rose, is just choking big time in the playoffs.

Kobe, on the other hand, is just done.

The Stealth Fox said:
The very definition of a team that's good on paper but just isn't that good on the court. It's quite simple, really.

And it's not that they don't want to "turn it on". It's the freaking playoffs, any good team tries to turn it on. They just couldn't, because they were overrated.

Every time the Lakers showed distinct signs of decline this year, everyone was like "BUBUBUBUBUU TWO TIME DEFENDING CHAMPS!".

Yeah, when you actually manage to have multiple 4 or 5 game losing streaks during the season, maybe you just really aren't that good.

Anyway, Kobe was probably afraid of losing to LeBron in the NBA finals so he decided to bow out early.

it's not a switch thing. I've seen enough of the Lakers to know there is a difference between the team that had trouble with the Rockets 2 years ago, the Thunder last year and NOH this year, and the struggles against Dallas. It's not the same issue of not taking an inferior opponent seriously. 2 home losses should be the first sign. This team just looks tired and on it's last legs to me.

The Stealth Fox

I think Dallas has the right tools to give Miami problems, provided all the role players don't play like trash.

The Mavs are a really balanced team. I used to make so many jokes about Tyson Chandler, but that dude has given his team the kind of 'edge' that they needed.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
The Stealth Fox said:
I think Dallas has the right tools to give Miami problems, provided all the role players don't play like trash.

The Mavs are a really balanced team. I used to make so many jokes about Tyson Chandler, but that dude has given his team the kind of 'edge' that they needed.
Contract year. You're better than that.

TylerD

The possibility of an I-35 WCF is awesome. I could see OKC\Dallas getting closer to a rivalry if that happens. Dallas was not very popular after the last regular season game in OKC with Chandler spiking the ball at mid-court and other guys dancing around like they won the finals.

We still have a very tough series ahead of us though. It is ridiculous that we don't play until Saturday when Chicago\Atlanta and L.A.\Dallas play on Friday.

thirty

Banned
the laker nation is ready to gut their team to trade for this dude now.
eb5tmp.jpg

Blackface

Banned
ssolitare said:
So is Miami the favorite to win the title now? Why?

They are playing better basketball then any other team right now. If they go up 3-0 on the Celtics, I think they should be the unanimous favorites.

Although you could argue Dallas is if they knock out the Lakers, I am a bit hesitant. There is nothing I would like to see more then Dirk win a title, except for maybe Nash. However, we have all seen Dallas choke in the playoffs year after year.

Miami is playing great basketball, and seems to be only getting better as the games progress. When Lebron and or Wade are having a bad game, Bosh steps up. Thats exactly what they need from him, and it took him all season to learn this. More often then not Bosh won't have huge numbers every game, but he is getting the job done. When Wade was struggling early in the first round, he stepped up and won games for them. Not many other teams have the advantage of having a player who can fill in for their star player/players.

What I am waiting to see is how Miami reacts if Lebron and Wade get shut done at the same time for more then one game.

There are not many teams left I see giving Miami many problems if they can get past Boston. Most of the teams left, have great big man defenders, but nobody who can guard Lebron and Wade. So you may take Bosh out of the game, but so long as he gets his rebounds and Wade and Lebron play like normal, they win every single time.

If Lakers start playing better I view them as the biggest threat. Kobe has the potential to take Wade out of the game. Meaning Bosh is going to have to average his Raptor type numbers over Pau Gasol/Bynum for Miami to stand a chance. After watching Bosh all season, he is not the same guy he was in Toronto, and I dont know if he can do it.

Bread

Banned
thirty said:
the laker nation is ready to gut their team to trade for this dude now.
http://i54.tinypic.com/eb5tmp.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
SMH

and what the fuck is up with the face he's making

Puddles

Banned
2011 Kobe is 2004 Shaq. He can still dominate a team and make you think the rumors of his decline were greatly exaggerated, but he isn't going to do it every game in a 7 game series.

At the rate he's going, 2012 Kobe will be 2007 Shaq. =(

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Bread said:
SMH

and what the fuck is up with the face he's making

It's called blinking when getting your pic taken. Surely this has never happened to you.

verbum

Despite having Josh Smith playing for them, despite the Bulls having to win last night, despite 33.8% shooting in the game, despite losing the rebound contest 58-39, Atlanta only lost by 13 points.
Playing at home, I am very optimistic about the Hawks' chances for the next two games. Josh Smith is our albatross-I wonder if they will cut back his playing time. I certainly hope so.

verbum said:
Despite having Josh Smith playing for them, despite the Bulls having to win last night, despite 33.8% shooting in the game, despite losing the rebound contest 58-39, Atlanta only lost by 13 points.
Playing at home, I am very optimistic about the Hawks' chances for the next two games. Josh Smith is our albatross-I wonder if they will cut back his playing time. I certainly hope so.

You could also look at the fact that the Bulls only shot 38% and won by 13. If Joe Johnson can play like he did in game 1 out the Hawks have an awesome chance. Otherwise...

verbum said:

We'll see. Bulls played lousy both games and sucked a little bit less than the Hawks last game. I think if both teams can turn it on, the Bulls will have the slight edge. Whether they can do that though... probably not. This team has too little playoff experience and I think if they survive this series, they will be gone the next one.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I like ESPN's story lines from last night:

WEDNESDAY'S WORST

Ron Artest, Lakers: With the game all but over, the winner of the league's citizenship award proceeded to whack the smallest guy on the court for no good reason. Oh wait, there was a good reason -- J.J. Barea just ran roughshod over the Lakers.
9. Not Since Bill Walton
By Elias Sports Bureau

The Mavericks defeated the Lakers to take a 2-0 lead in their best-of-seven series Wednesday night. The Mavericks are the first team to beat the Lakers on their home court in the first two games of a playoff series since Portland did it in the conference finals in 1977. Before this series, the Lakers had hosted the first two games of a playoff series 60 times since the last time they dropped the first two games at home.

Best part was Barnes acting all macho with the YEEUH WE GOT DA BLUEPRINT ON BEATING DALLAS YALL. Have fun playing in China you worthless scrub.

bionic77

As is my usual these days could only catch the first half. Warning signs were there all year but it still sucks seeing the window slammed shut.

I hope they don't blow this up next year see how they do when we give Kobe and Pau a summer off. Needs are at PG. Hope Blake remembers how to shoot and get a defensive guy to replace Fish. Artest needs to go, too big of a liability on offense. We need one shooter and also make that Dwight for Bynum trade happen.

Can't really be too sad because it was a great decade to be a Lakers fan. 5 parades, 2 more finals and more excitement than any fan has a right to expect.

The Stealth Fox

bionic77 said:
As is my usual these days could only catch the first half. Warning signs were there all year but it still sucks seeing the window slammed shut.

I hope they don't blow this up next year see how they do when we give Kobe and Pau a summer off. Needs are at PG. Hope Blake remembers how to shoot and get a defensive guy to replace Fish. Artest needs to go, too big of a liability on offense. We need one shooter and also make that Dwight for Bynum trade happen.

Can't really be too sad because it was a great decade to be a Lakers fan. 5 parades, 2 more finals and more excitement than any fan has a right to expect.
Pittsburgh Lakers

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Grimm Fandango said:
We'll see. Bulls played lousy both games and sucked a little bit less than the Hawks last game. I think if both teams can turn it on, the Bulls will have the slight edge. Whether they can do that though... probably not. This team has too little playoff experience and I think if they survive this series, they will be gone the next one.

This "Bulls played lousy" shtick trending back from the Pacers series is getting tiresome. I think we're pretty lousy right now. So far, Game 5 of the first round is the anomaly.

DCX

DCX
masud said:
I'd trade toney douglas for Blake (or brown) in second, less than a second.
Douglas and 3mill for Brown and a first. Platoon Brown and Fields at the 2, use the two first rounders to get some size upfront and maybe a pg.

DCX

effzee

Any video of Artest being Artest from last night? Can't believe I went to bed with 2 min left thinking nothing of interest will take place now.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Dem old legs.

And he was the bright spot for us last night.

Bynum played OK, but down the strech they stop going to him (like usual). Pau has been absent the entire post season.

At one point we were 0-15 from three and 9-18 from the line in the fourth. It was just ugly.

How many times is Chandler gonna get the same oops? How many wide open three's? JJ torched us. Blake in a span of 5 minutes had 3 turnovers and like 4 bricks. Artest can't make a bucket.

My wife had to leave the room last night I was yelling at the TV so much. She thought I was going to have aneurysm.

Mavs VS. Heat it is ...

knicks

I am sure this has been asked but why do Lakers/Mavs and Bulls/Hawks play Friday, while the Celtics/Heat and Grizzlies/Thunder don't play until Saturday. I am aware those teams started last Sunday which was pretty early, but to not play until Saturday when your last game was Tuesday is a bit much, no?

SephCast said:
This "Bulls played lousy" shtick trending back from the Pacers series is getting tiresome. I think we're pretty lousy right now. So far, Game 5 of the first round is the anomaly.

Yeah it's very disappointing. Rose in particular has lost nearly all of his luster.

I'm honestly not entertained watching them in the playoffs. They've been just barely surviving.

Fenderputty said:
And he was the bright spot for us last night.

Bynum played OK, but down the strech they stop going to him (like usual). Pau has been absent the entire post season.

At one point we were 0-15 from three and 9-18 from the line in the fourth. It was just ugly.

How many times is Chandler gonna get the same oops? How many wide open three's? JJ torched us. Blake in a span of 5 minutes had 3 turnovers and like 4 bricks. Artest can't make a bucket.

My wife had to leave the room last night I was yelling at the TV so much. She thought I was going to have aneurysm.

Mavs VS. Heat it is ...

I invested in a ridiculously overpriced set of headphones and a Ipad so my wife doesn't have to experience the bi-polar peaks, plummets and animal threats of 2008. Now as soon as she hears the chatter of the crowd she disappears out of room like she put on Saurons ring.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Personally, I'm going to miss all the new Laker fans we were blessed with on NBA GAF. Us lifelong fans certainly are feeling this pain.

Derwind

Damn the last 4-5 pages of Lakers-age breaking down.....

Its okay, you guys will get Dwight and CP, maybe even get the young Gasol too....

gif-giggling.gif

SUPREME1

Banned
Lakers need to go 4-1 or better (lol) from here on out to win the series.

Against a team who they just lost to twice in a row, at home.

Fuck you Pau.

You too Brandy, you saboteur.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Grimm Fandango said:
Yeah it's very disappointing. Rose in particular has lost nearly all of his luster.

The team desperately needs a second option/ballhandler. Rose is burning out.

I want Jamal Crawford for the bench next year.

Mark Wilbon writes a stupid Rose fanboy article for babies, why is this man employed?

You can look at Rose's 10-for-27 shooting and his eight turnovers and say it was a subpar night for a player who accepted, to complete adoration, the league's MVP award from commissioner David Stern before Wednesday's 86-73 win over the Hawks in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference semifinals. Those obsessed with metrics and statistical analysis will do just that.

If you're looking for style points wait for figure skating or gymnastics. In 43 minutes on a bad wheel, Rose did what MVPs do. He carried his team, even on one leg, to a victory the Bulls simply had to have.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/columns/story?columnist=wilbon_michael&id=6482864

dream

SephCast said:
The team desperately needs a second option/ballhandler. Rose is burning out.

I want Jamal Crawford for the bench next year.

Like I've been saying forever...CJ at the 1, Rose at the 2. Problem solved.

I'll believe pau has gone over the cliff because maybe he's heartbroken. Maybe someone died. Or a girl left him. I'll accept that. But not because he's old. Or that dirk plays good post defense. Lol at that insinuation.

THRILLH0

Banned
Laker fans are a melodramatic lot huh? I can't sleep, I can't do my assignment, I can't watch basketball any more.

You just won 2 fucking titles. Spurs fans didn't bitch out like this.

I eagerly await the 'we have passion unlike you LLLs' retort. Don't mistake entitlement for passion.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Red Blaster said:
Mark Wilbon writes a stupid Rose fanboy article for babies, why is this man employed?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/columns/story?columnist=wilbon_michael&id=6482864
It's Mike Wilbon, and I honestly can't stand him anymore. He takes himself WAYYYYY TOO SERIOUSLY, like he's a respected hero, or something, just because he's a black sports Journalist from NU. He drops names every chance he gets, and it pisses me off that he calls Magic Johnson Earvin, like he's a LONG-time friend, or something.

I watch PTI and ATH all the time, and he's the saddest thing on both. It's like the rest of them are playing a joke on him, and he's the only one who isn't in on it.

AShep said:
Laker fans are a melodramatic lot huh? I can't sleep, I can't do my assignment, I can't watch basketball any more.

You just won 2 fucking titles. Spurs fans didn't bitch out like this.

I eagerly await the 'we have passion unlike you LLLs' retort. Don't mistake entitlement for passion.

I hate to admit it, but this post is pretty much spot on.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
dream said:
Like I've been saying forever...CJ at the 1, Rose at the 2. Problem solved.

Not solved. Who's the backup PG then? John Lucas? CJ isn't exactly a premier shotmaker/second option. It works sometimes, but in the same way that Hinrich and Rose worked. Not a permanent solution.

I miss Hinrich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom