• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

The M.O.B

ryutaro's mama said:
I only recognize Cerrius, Pheeknicks and MiamiWesker as Heat-Age.
boshdisapproves.gif

TylerD

I will be having many cervezas and will be watching my roommate play a heel luchador in an indy wrestling event in Tulsa.

KingGondo

Banned
TylerD said:
I will be having many cervezas and will be watching my roommate play a heel luchador in an indy wrestling event in Tulsa.
That sounds like a hell of a Cinco de Mayo.

I will always remember the day I graduated from college (May 6th) because I got unbelievably hammered on Cinco de Mayo the day before, forcing me to suffer through my entire commencement with an awful hangover.

Ah, college. :'( Those were the days...

Owzers

I usually don't want suspensions because i want to see good basketball games with a teams full roster...but i'm glad Artest was suspended. This wasn't an " in the heat of the moment" intense game hit, this was just a stupid " end of game, i might as well thug it up" moment. The game is all but over so you run up to Barea and hit him in the head while at the same time kneeing Odom in the groin. Yeah, suspend the idiot.

reilo said:
Artest is suspended.

Probably means more Shannon and Blake with Kobe at the 3. Maybe a Walton sighting.

Welp. If Lakers can't win a must win game without Ron in a series where his defense isn't in high demand, they weren't winning it anyway.

SamuraiX-

reilo said:
Artest is suspended.

I think their best bet is to start Barnes instead of Odom in Game 3.

If you start Odom, your bench is: Blake, Brown, and Barnes. That would be fucking pathetic. Mavs would run away with the game before halftime.

SamuraiX- said:

If you start Odom, your bench is: Blake, Brown, and Barnes. That would be fucking pathetic. Mavs would run away with the game before halftime.

Well, that and Odom sucks at the 3.

SamuraiX- said:

It's a sad sad day when I miss Sasha and Farmar.

exarkun

SamuraiX- said:

I was about to say: Wtf. But then I saw the reasoning and its actually pretty decent.

But seriously, The Killer B's (such a dumb fucking name) are finally shown to be the ass they are. Dear Championship teams, you need a bench that is actually decent and share the gotdamn ball with each other. Brown takes dumbass shots, blake is pretty bad when his shot if off, and Barnes is terrible. The bench is bad, and all they do is hold off until Kobe comes out, which is not what a bench is supposed to do.

I really want to see a team win it that has balance. I'm tired of teams that blow their fucking load on two-three guys who can "win it all" but then they have terribad substitutes. Its not supposed to be like that. The Mavs have a decent bench, it shows. How'd they get out of the hole in game one? Lakers bench got outplayed by a decent bench.

The heat are the exception. They have three all star players that can be rotated to save minutes and to boost a sub-par bench. But other than that, bad benches can't work.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Remember when Lakers fans were high-fiving each other and arguing that the Lakers won the off-season because they got Steve Blake, Matt Barnes, and Theo Ratliff?

ryutaro's mama said:
I only recognize Cerrius, Pheeknicks and MiamiWesker as Heat-Age.

Yeah and only Wesker cause when he posts during a live Heat game you would assume he was on the cusp of finding the cure for cancer.

reilo said:
Remember when Lakers fans were high-fiving each other and arguing that the Lakers won the off-season because they got Steve Blake, Matt Barnes, and Theo Ratliff?

I was pretty excited about Barnes and relatively optimistic about Blake but I don't recall all that much hoopla over Ratliff.

Seems that James Dolan is giving Donny his word that Isaiah will not be welcomed back in any capacity in the Knicks organization. Supposedly Donny is looking for a 2 year deal and the authority to hire his successor.

Can't wait to see Walton back on the court. The guy is a difference maker and needs to see minutes. He'll fill in admirably and orchestrate the triangle offense. This is a pivot point for the series and Walton is ready.

marathonfool said:
Can't wait to see Walton back on the court. The guy is a difference maker and needs to see minutes. He'll fill in admirably and orchestrate the triangle offense. This is a pivot point for the series and Walton is ready.

haha I love it.

2923739519_4ea3dae218_o.jpg

My body is ready.

punkypine

exarkun said:
I was about to say: Wtf. But then I saw the reasoning and its actually pretty decent.

But seriously, The Killer B's (such a dumb fucking name) are finally shown to be the ass they are. Dear Championship teams, you need a bench that is actually decent and share the gotdamn ball with each other. Brown takes dumbass shots, blake is pretty bad when his shot if off, and Barnes is terrible. The bench is bad, and all they do is hold off until Kobe comes out, which is not what a bench is supposed to do.

I really want to see a team win it that has balance. I'm tired of teams that blow their fucking load on two-three guys who can "win it all" but then they have terribad substitutes. Its not supposed to be like that. The Mavs have a decent bench, it shows. How'd they get out of the hole in game one? Lakers bench got outplayed by a decent bench.

The heat are the exception. They have three all star players that can be rotated to save minutes and to boost a sub-par bench. But other than that, bad benches can't work.
well if you're young, you can get away with going 45 minutes a game with some of your guys. Problem is the lakers are also geezers, if kobe could go 45, gasol and odom like 40, and bynum like 35, it wouldnt be an issue. Problem is the average age of those guys is like 42, except bynum, who's knees are 104

Long term, it wouldn't work, but for 1 game it would be no big issue with a young team.

Its all according to plan LakersAge.

Lakers eliminated this year and early next year.
Bynum, Odom come off books. Fisher/Artest bought out.
Get Dwight Howard/good PG
Phil comes back to lead the fast and furious purp & gold to titles

diehard

Fleer
reilo said:
Remember when i was saying Steve Blake sucks, and Matt Barnes is a punk?

... and Raja Bell was a good signing :(

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
dIEHARD said:
Remember when i was saying Steve Blake sucks, and Matt Barnes is a punk?

... and Raja Bell was a good signing :(
Raja Bell is going to wind up on the Wolves by draft night. Be thankful David Kahn doesn't have a clue.

punkypine

LovingSteam said:
Its all according to plan LakersAge.

Lakers eliminated this year and early next year.
Bynum, Odom come off books. Fisher/Artest bought out.
Get Dwight Howard/good PG
Phil comes back to lead the fast and furious purp & gold to titles
And kobe sits out most of the year with injuries, and when he finally comes back, he reinjures himself within the first 5 minutes. Then, all throughout the playoffs, the lakers eagerly await his return while Durant puts up 45 a game on them

bionic77

marathonfool said:
The offense does actually run a lot better with him on the floor. A good PF will abuse him so bad on the defensive end though.

Speaking of the Lakers. What would make NBA GAF happier: the death of OBL or a Lakers sweep?

Rodeo Clown said:
Raja Bell is going to wind on the Wolves by draft night. Be thankful David Kahn doesn't have a clue.

But Bell brings intangibles! Like

Passing up an open three to throw at a guy already going for the rebound and isn't looking for a pass
Daring great shooters to shoot
Taking 20 seconds to throw an entry pass
Bitching about not getting enough playing time when he's averaging 40 minutes per game.

Intangibles

The Stealth Fox

reilo said:

I was warning everyone about Steve Blake ever since Aaron Brooks crushed him under his mighty foot.

diehard

Fleer
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
But Bell brings intangibles! Like

Passing up an open three to throw at a guy already going for the rebound and isn't looking for a pass
Daring great shooters to shoot
Taking 20 seconds to throw an entry pass
Bitching about not getting enough playing time when he's averaging 40 minutes per game.

Intangibles
Um where's the weekly radio interviews and great insight into why your team is losing?

Barrage

punkypine said:
well if you're young, you can get away with going 45 minutes a game with some of your guys. Problem is the lakers are also geezers, if kobe could go 45, gasol and odom like 40, and bynum like 35, it wouldnt be an issue. Problem is the average age of those guys is like 42, except bynum, who's knees are 104

Long term, it wouldn't work, but for 1 game it would be no big issue with a young team.

How is your excuse for the Lakers that they`re too old, when they`re losing to the damn Mavericks

SUPREME1

Banned
Time for Kobe to take his Jordan-esque sabbatical and come back in two seasons when Dwight is here.

Lakers:

Start > Shutdown > Standby

Fuck you Pau.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kidd, Dirk, Marion, Peja and Chandler are all older than Fisher, Kobe, Odom, Gasol and Bynum if we are going by position.

I just imagined an offense where the main play is Raja Bell throwing entry passes to Darko who can either go up with it, or kick it back out to Bell.

I'm so sorry, RC.

punkypine

Barrage said:
How is your excuse for the Lakers that they`re too old, when they`re losing to the damn Mavericks
not my excuse, i am rooting for the mavericks. Just pointing out that a young team can overcome 1 game suspensions and other similar situations while older have a harder time doing it. If Sefolosha or someone on OKC was suspended for 1 game, i'm sure Durant, westbrook, maynor, etc could easily just play more minutes. LA doesn't have that luxury... With Dallas, most of their players are so bad that it doesn't really matter who plays as long as they don't completely fuck up and Dirk is in there

TheTowel

Barrage said:

This. It's lack of execution which is snowballing right now. Pau doesn't seem like he's too old. I called Pau having personal problems before coming to this thread. He's just been off kilter for a few weeks now.

Time for the Lakers to run inside/out for 48 minutes. Bynum can dominate the inside against Dallas.

teruterubozu said:
Barnes turned out to be garbage. Dude doesn't do shit. How does he start over Walton?

Turned out? Did you see how badly Wheelchair Pierce cooked Barnes in the ECF last year? He's been garbage since 2007.

Red Blaster said:
Turned out? Did you see how badly Wheelchair Pierce cooked Barnes in the ECF last year? He's been garbage since 2007.

Didn't really know much about him until Kobe no-flinch episode, but I thought he was supposed to me some tough guy with good athletic skill. Also seems like he lost weight and got smaller as the season progressed.

numble

teruterubozu said:
Barnes turned out to be garbage. Dude doesn't do shit. How does he get more PT over Walton?
You get what you pay for. He makes about 1/5 Luke's salary and 1/8 Richard Jefferson's salary. I think it's a good value.

bjb

Banned
The Lakers are done.

Kobe looks old out there. Phil seems uninterested, and the entire team seems uninspired. Bynum couldn't give a shit in last night's postgame, and it's clear they've got some type of internal issues.

Lastly the team as a whole is getting absolutely clowned on by mediocre players. First in the Hornets series, and now against Dallas.

It's truly an embarrassment, and a shame to see an iconic franchise fall flat, with really no positive hope moving forward to next year.

bjb said:
The Lakers are done.

Kobe looks old out there. Phil seems uninterested, and the entire team seems uninspired. Bynum couldn't give a shit in last night's postgame, and it's clear they've got some type of internal issues.

Lastly the team as a whole is getting absolutely clowned on by mediocre players. First in the Hornets series, and now against Dallas.

It's truly an embarrassment, and a shame to see an iconic franchise fall flat, with really no positive hope moving forward to next year.

Embarrassment? Nah. Its how the Lakers do it. Wilt/West/Baylor great for a few years then dropped off to lolz. Nothing good except Kareem who doesn't have help. Magic arrives, then Worthy and all is right until 91 when Magic retires. Lulz until 97 when we get Shaq & Kobe. Great until 2004 when Shaq leaves and mediocrity arrives. Then we get Gasol. Great for 2-3 years and then mediocrity until we get DHoward and Co:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom