• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I just imagined an offense where the main play is Raja Bell throwing entry passes to Darko who can either go up with it, or kick it back out to Bell.

I'm so sorry, RC.
It's alright. I've accepted that Glen Taylor will never let the Wolves be good.

LovingSteam said:
Embarrassment? Nah. Its how the Lakers do it. Wilt/West/Baylor great for a few years then dropped off to lolz. Nothing good except Kareem who doesn't have help. Magic arrives, then Worthy and all is right until 91 when Magic retires. Lulz until 97 when we get Shaq & Kobe. Great until 2004 when Shaq leaves and mediocrity arrives. Then we get Gasol. Great for 2-3 years and then mediocrity until we get DHoward and Co:

Wow LS so nice of you to throw a bone out there.

sillymonkey321 said:
Yayyyyyyy now he just has to stay healthy when playing....i'm going to be sad if he gets hurt within the first minute on the court.

If one of Shaq's legs doesn't come shooting off of him like a bottle rocket Ill be damn surprised.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
exarkun said:
Please don't start the "x" team is done thing. Its the playoffs, no one is really down until the series is over.

Mathematically, it's done when someone's down 3-0. 94% when down 2-0. So it's not really a stretch.

SoulPlaya said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6485998

Horace Grant saying that Boozer should sit down, if his injury is affecting him that much.

Seriously put Taj in his place. It would give the fans what they want AND we would play so much better.

Boozer needs to be benched indefinitely until he's back to his old game (is that even possible?)

Does Thibs consider Boozer to be some kind of glue for the team? Deng has that covered already.

Because it's just fucking silly that Boozer is playing just to get our money's worth.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Grimm Fandango said:
Seriously put Taj in his place. It would give the fans what they want AND we would play so much better.

Boozer needs to be benched indefinitely until he's back to his old game (is that even possible?)

Does Thibs consider Boozer to be some kind of glue for the team? Deng has that covered already.

Because it's just fucking silly that Boozer is playing just to get our money's worth.

It's cancer prevention. Playing Boozer is the antioxidant. Losing is the awful taste of Pomegranate.

SUPREME1

Banned
SephCast said:
It's cancer prevention. Playing Boozer is the antioxidant. Losing is the awful taste of Pomegranate.

The fuck you just say?

Ever had POM's iced tea? Yummy.

Available at the 99¢ store.

LovingSteam said:
Its all according to plan LakersAge.

Lakers eliminated this year and early next year.
Bynum, Odom come off books. Fisher/Artest bought out.
Get Dwight Howard/good PG
Phil comes back to lead the fast and furious purp & gold to titles

STOP BOOTLEGGING MY SHIT.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Grimm Fandango said:

You know, I just read up on turf toe, and it's more serious than I thought. It's serious pain, and it usually takes weeks for the pain to subside, and that's with little pressure being placed on it, with the use of crutches. So, my respect for Boozer has gone up after reading up on it, and I say for the sake of team cohesiveness, play him until you really start losing.

giri

SoulPlaya said:
You know, I just read up on turf toe, and it's more serious than I thought. It's serious pain, and it usually takes weeks for the pain to subside, and that's with little pressure being placed on it, with the use of crutches. So, my respect for Boozer has gone up after reading up on it, and I say for the sake of team cohesiveness, play him until you really start losing.

It's a trap.

The_Inquisitor said:
Apple and orange here. Wait why the fuck are talking about juice?
No games today.

giri

The end of this week can't come soon enough. Only 7 hours away. Then i can finish watching the end of the lakers era.

yitdadee08

Neo Member
I don't know if anyone posted this, but I found something interesting. In the 05 playoffs, the Mavs had home court against the Rockets and lost both at home, then came back and took both on the road and won the series in 7.

I don't believe we're done yet. The Mavs are a good team and have been playing well, but we haven't been playing like ourselves every since that let down in the 3rd quarter of game 1. I know we can do better. If we don't bring it now, oh well. But until the Mavs have 4 wins on their side, I'm riding wit my fucking Lakers.

yitdadee08 said:
I don't know if anyone posted this, but I found something interesting. In the 05 playoffs, the Mavs had home court against the Rockets and lost both at home, then came back and took both on the road and won the series in 7.

I don't believe we're done yet. The Mavs are a good team and have been playing well, but we haven't been playing like ourselves every since that let down in the 3rd quarter of game 1. I know we can do better. If we don't bring it now, oh well. But until the Mavs have 4 wins on their side, I'm riding wit my fucking Lakers.

That was against T-Mac.

yitdadee08

Neo Member
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
That was against T-Mac.

So what? That doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. All that matters is that the Mavs had resolve and pulled it out.

We have a great chance at doing something great. As masochistic as it sounds, I'm stoked at the opportunity of being down 0-2. The past two years felt like there was no way we could lose. This year is different, this year its tough as hell but that's how it's supposed to be and that is what makes it fun. If we can do it this year under these circumstances, when anyone can win this year, it's going to feel 10x better than the last two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom