• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

sf2fanatic said:
So is this same for KG and ray ray?

They old. Time to move on?

No, they find ways to win by being unselfish, and they're both still valuable in the twilight of their careers.

Kimosabae

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
Jesus some of you need to LISTEN.

Magic meant Dallas is more intense, more physical, more urgent etc. YET they're the ones up 3-0 when it should be the LAKERS displaying those attributes in a game like this.

I already tried. Don't bother.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Kobe will be better than Wizard's Jordan for a few more years, but being stuck with this roster will quickly advance his decline.

Mavs literally put the Lakers out to pasture. 12 gauge shotgun to the head.

Kobe showed up, but absolutely no one else did on the Lakers, and let's be real the Mavs are shooting out of their minds.

Blackface

Banned
sf2fanatic said:
So is this same for KG and ray ray?

They old. Time to move on?

Boston was a team built around 3 stars. There is no one leader, no one person that must perform for them to win. They also have a couple good young players in Rondo and Green.

The Lakers are completely built around Kobe, and greatly depend on a coach that is leaving. They have no good young players on their roster, no draft picks and no cap space.

If they don't land Chris Paul/Dwight Howard the Lakers won't be contenders for at the least, 5 years.

I mean, last time it took Shaq and for them to get lucky enough to end up with a top 5 SG to ever play pro basketball. A legend. It won't happen again.

Raziel

my favorite part was fisher giving a motivational speech during the huddle, then coming out missing a layup, and committing a foul in the penalty.

Ferny

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Brandon Roy's not walking out of that locker room.

Edit: Magic has a short memory. Game 6 of the 08 finals was worse than this.
Lakers actually won a game that series :-/

The Chosen One said:

Kobe showed up, but absolutely no one else did on the Lakers, and let's be real the Mavs are shooting out of their minds.

Bynums effort was pretty good.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Jamesfrom818 said:
Surprisingly enough, my favorite Lakers teams were the 90s Lakers before Kobe and Shaq arrived. NVE and Eddie Jones were the shit.

i was only a kid during those times(born in 1990) so i really have no idea how we were before kobe and co arrived ><

though i keep hearing i think sedale threatt is an ahole at least according to my sister since my parents always used to bring her to the forum and she got to go to like every team practice
according to her hes the only one that never greeted her during practices
also before anyone makes a stupid joke my sister wasnt even in high school yet...

man i wish i was older back then cuz my cousin/sister got the hook up they literally go to chill in the locker rooms of teams eat food from the team cook and get stuff signed etc
also my cousin even got to go on the spurs team bus

Gigglepoo

EvilMario said:
lol, if Magic can't keep his shit together he shouldn't even be on TV.

I'm fine with a partial broadcaster as long as they have something intelligent to bring to the table. Magic doesn't. He just brings up the most obvious points imaginable (Dallas is playing hard!) and then make a dumb joke (Rondo can pass with one hand!). That's his shtick. Just because he's one of the best players ever doesn't mean he should be on television.

Lkr

raziel said:
my favorite part was fisher giving a motivational speech during the huddle, then coming out missing a layup, and committing a foul in the penalty.
He probably said something like, "let's do what we do best!"

thekad said:
I think he just needs a change in scenery. That locker room is fucked.

Its arguably the best situation for him in the entire league. You could replace him with Bosh on the Heat and it would be a harder situation for him.

He's just being a bitch right now.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
dIEHARD said:
Good to see the most overrated coach ever go out in embarrassing fashion.
Why are we talking about Jerry Sloan all of the sudden?

The Chosen One said:

Yeah but when a team shoots 79% on you, you have quit.

Lakers continued to cheat off of Terry all quarter, even as he was killing them.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
SoulPlaya said:
OK, OK, I believe you, I believe you. You're a Lakers fan, but I think your refusal to continue watching the playoffs may mean that you're not a general basketball fan.
Watching the playoffs without the Lakers in it after they've just been eliminated is like watching your friends have fun with their girlfriends after you just broke up with yours. A lot of people have a hard time stomaching that sight so soon.

I think I'll just watch the Finals after this. Gonna need some time to cleanse this shit from my soul.

Good news is, as much as this sucks, It's nowhere near as bad as I felt during 03, 08, 06 and 04. Not even close really...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom