• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

marathonfool said:
LOL. Is Magic crying? Is this real life? LOL
t65p5g.gif

MikeTyson

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
uh, no? a lebron led cavs team wouldn't make it to the finals this year
Who would be in there way? Hickson was clicking in - Andy, mo, tawn, west. People forget they won 60+ last year

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I really hate the fact that when this team loses, they don't just lose. They fucking crumble.

What a terrible way to send off a legend like Phil. It's embarrassing. If they would have tried and lost, they could still save a little face. But they're not even trying, save for Bynum and Kobe.

It really sucks that it has to end like this.

notlikethis3rxq.gif

Yeah, this basically sums up every feeling I have in the world right now. There is no gif on the internet more appropriate right now.

Gigglepoo said:
Magic is a moron. "Dallas is more intense than the Lakers, but they're up 3-0"

Why is there a but? These aren't contrasting ideas.

But Dirk has been their best player in the series. One good half of basketball and you want JET's career to end? That's irrational.
Exactly. What the fuck was he talking about.

He's was probably still in shellshock for his homer face to articulate a proper sentence.

thekad

Banned
Forceatowulf said:
I really hate the fact that when this team loses, they don't just lose. They fucking crumble.

What a terrible way to send off a legend like Phil. It's embarrassing. If they would have tried and lost, they could still save a little face. But they're not even trying, save for Bynum and Kobe.

notlikethis3rxq.gif

Yeah, this basically sums up every feeling I have in the world right now. There is no gif on the internet more appropriate right now.

mark-cuban.jpg

Gigglepoo

Kimosabae said:
Relax. He's suggesting that the team with the comfy series lead is the team that should be displaying less intensity. You're making yourself look moronic.

Magic has never said anything intelligent. The Mavs are up 3-0 because they've outworked the Lakers all series. I'm glad we have his insightful analysis to tell us they're doing it in the fourth game as well. Where would we be without him?

snack

In the meantime...

Inside the Lakers locker room, it is dead silent. Stares left, right, and center. No words need to be said.

Does that seem right?

Nelo Ice

Banned
SoulPlaya said:
Why is it that whenever Lakers fans are called bandwagon fans, they bring up how they watched the team during that year when they didn't make it to the playoffs?

because everyone seems to think most fans only pay attention when were championship teams?

if u want more reasons im from orange county Cypress to be exact and my parents worked for the forum up until it closed down for staples

been apart of the laker culture all my life and i could tell u all kinds of stories of the all the cool stuff that u could do at the forum if u had a family member work there

etiolate

Banned
More Magic gems:

Mavs look happy, but they're up 3-0 with a 25 pt lead.
Mark Cuban owns the team, but he has a lot of money.
Osama has a hole in his head, but Navy SEALS.

linsivvi

Forceatowulf said:

Who knows? Maybe Phil will come back and coach again in a couple years.

dream

charsace said:
Kobe should just retire after this.

Yeah. It's like Mosley after last night's fight. There's nowhere to go after this. There's no time to rebuild. Nobody who wants to see him anymore.

The sport has moved on.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Nelo Ice said:
because everyone seems to think most fans only pay attention when were championship teams?

if u want more reasons im from orange county Cypress to be exact and my parents worked for the forum up until it closed down for staples

been apart of the laker culture all my life and i could tell u all kinds of stories of the all the cool stuff that u could do at the forum if u had a family member work there
OK, OK, I believe you, I believe you. You're a Lakers fan, but I think your refusal to continue watching the playoffs may mean that you're not a general basketball fan.

I wonder how much shit Kobe is breaking in the locker room right now. He is clearly THE ONLY PERSON on the lockers who gives a fuck. This team is so unbelievably embarrassing.

Nelo Ice said:

Surprisingly enough, my favorite Lakers teams were the 90s Lakers before Kobe and Shaq arrived. NVE and Eddie Jones were the shit.

Jesus some of you need to LISTEN.

Magic meant Dallas is more intense, more physical, more urgent etc. YET they're the ones up 3-0 when it should be the LAKERS displaying those attributes in a game like this.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@BallinWithBryan: The Mavericks’ bench has outscored the Lakers' bench 152-59 in the first three and a half games.
Remember when the Lakers won the off-season because they drastically improved their bench by adding Steve Blake, Matt Barnes, and Theo Ratliff?

Nelo Ice

Banned
SoulPlaya said:
OK, OK, I believe you, I believe you. You're a Lakers fan, but I think your refusal to continue watching the playoffs may mean that you're not a general basketball fan.

i like watching other teams during the regular season but once were out i just dont care to watch since i got nothing invested im sure others share the same sentiments

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Forceatowulf said:

Bill Simmons brought up a good point in a recent podcast. As Game 2 was ending, fans were booing and leaving Staples, not even considering that they could possibly never see Phil again.

giri

Not being around yesterday, can we take the 4th quarter of the thunde game yesterday as definitive proof that westbrook isnt in the top 5 anything apart from dumbasses? Right now, mike conley > westbrook. And it aint even close.

dream said:
Yeah. It's like Mosley after last night's fight. There's nowhere to go after this. There's no time to rebuild. Nobody who wants to see him anymore.

The sport has moved on.

So is this same for KG and ray ray?

They old. Time to move on?

As a Kings fan, best part of the 1st half was when Peja stole a pass and went about full court stride for a one man fast break lay in. Then he grabbed his back and did that 'I'm getting too old for this stuff' thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom