• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Mamba said:
No. In N Out is about cheeseburgers, fries, and shakes. The point is to not diversify the menu because when you do, it makes things worse. You can add patties/cheese or get the onions grilled or mix the shakes, etc, but it's a basic burger place.

Besides, fast food bacon sucks.

I only get bacon on Burgers/burritos from the MomPop fast food stands...yummy

giri said:
That, is one of the biggest diatribes of Bull Shit and fan excuse i've ever fucking read. Take your fan-fic somewhere else. I don't think i've seen trax make as pathetic an excuse for bosh.

I didn't make an excuse, I criticized him for being "fake tough" which makes him do stupid shit. And I called him immature. These are negatives.

I did the exact opposite of your claim. Reading comprehension, much?

Well their cheeseburger had better be really fucking good. Cause all I know is, 5 guys is across the street, and they have every ingredient mankind could ever wish for.

It's a good fast food burger. It's not a great burger.

I don't know why anyone would think a fast food burger would be some holy grail. It's still going to be lower quality meat and stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I like it. And compared to the other joints like McD and BK it's worlds ahead, but Five Guys and InO and all the others are still fast food joints. I make a better burger than all of them as do many restaurants.

That said, if i got a cravin' for a shake I'll stop by there or Fatburger, depending on what comes up first. Other than a diner, they're the best.

Black Mamba said:
I don't know why anyone would think a fast food burger would be some holy grail. It's still going to be lower quality meat and stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I like it. And compared to the other joints like McD and BK it's worlds' ahead, but Five Guys and InO and all the others are still fast food joints. I make a better burger than all of them as do many restaurants.

Maybe he should come over to your place for some burgers instead.

On Tuesday, Gasol called rumors of a rift between he and Bryant or a breakup with his girlfriend "absolutely false."

"My girlfriend and I are fine, we're happy, we're doing well. Kobe and I are fine," Gasol told ESPNLosAngeles.com in the parking lot outside the Lakers training facility Tuesday, after his exit interview with Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak and coach Phil Jackson.

"She [Lopez Castro] was suffering because she saw me suffering. And I was suffering because I was seeing her suffering. When you add that to other stuff to what's already happening, it's tough."

Gasol said that he needed to learn to handle "whatever goes on, on or off the floor" better and "not let it affect anything that goes on on the floor."

It was taken by some as an acknowledgement of off the court issues. Tuesday, Gasol clarified his remarks, saying that he was referring to the toll the viral story had taken on him and the team.

"Everything just seemed to get bigger and heavier," he said, referring to the wild story about Bryant's wife and his girlfriend.

Lopez Castro attended Game 2 with Gasol's mother.

"She's been great," Gasol said. "A great help and support throughout this process. It's been rough for her, because it's been really unfair to her. I mean, forget about me."

"I understand that with player that I am and I consider myself to be, there are a lot of expectations. And once those expectations are not achieved, there's going to be criticism," he said.

"So it's time to get through it and stand up for yourself. I understand this is part of the deal, whether you consider it fair or not.

Also behind the scenes he supposedly said he was very tired. Now it sounds like nothing happened off the court. Who knows.

Also says he's leaning towards playing for Spain in Olympic qualifying. ugggghhhh

edit: heard good things about chic-fil-a. Eventually I'll try one.

SamuraiX- said:
SMFH

The best part was watching him read this script to the media.

You could tell he was laughing his bitch-thug ass off on the inside.

I still need to go out and buy some bottles of champagne to be ready for the day this fucker blows both his knees out.

Sparkling wine stores well for a good few years, right? Hah, who the fuck am I kidding? I give the asshole three years tops before either somebody takes him out or he takes himself out.

Who in their rightful mind could believe this guy?

It's like me fucking some guy i hate's wife.

I mean he's so much better than me and his wife is so hot what do you expect me to do?

No I'm sorry, i didn't mean that. My fucking her does not represent me and I didn't even enjoy it. I'm just glad I didn't get her pregnant. I've been trying to personally contact him but for some odd reason he won't answer his phone.

Okay maybe not that extreme but c'mon this guy is a joke.

Black Mamba said:
Also behind the scenes he supposedly said he was very tired. Now it sounds like nothing happened off the court. Who knows.

Also says he's leaning towards playing for Spain in Olympic qualifying. ugggghhhh

Sounds like Gasol needs a Holger Geschwinder. He can't have Dirk's though. He's taken.

I hope either all of these remaining series go seven games, or none do.

I can't imagine how much burger talk will happen in this thread if we're all left waiting for one series to finish before we can move on to the next round.

SamuraiX-

Pristine_Condition said:

I can't imagine how much burger talk will happen in this thread if we're all left waiting for one series to finish before we can move on to the next round.

Burger talk is the least of what you should be worried about during downtime in here. Actually, it's probably one of the better subjects.

Stick around for the off-season and you'll be begging for everyone to change the topic of discussion to burgers again. ;P

SamuraiX- said:
Burger talk is the least of what you should be worried about during downtime in here. Actually, it's probably one of the better subjects.

Stick around for the off-season and you'll be begging for everyone to change the topic of discussion to burgers again. ;P

I'll try to hit you up man, but I ain't making any promises.

I'm from Texas, and that means after the NBA Draft, it's pretty much time to start really buckling down, putting away these distractions, and getting one's head right for Football. I'm not usually aware that the NBA exists until after the dust from National Signing Day, spring practices, and early commits all settles.

:p

Branduil

Pristine_Condition said:
I'll try to hit you up man, but I ain't making any promises.

I'm from Texas, and that means after the NBA Draft, it's pretty much time to start really buckling down, putting away these distractions, and getting one's head right for Football. I'm not usually aware that the NBA exists until after the dust from National Signing Day, spring practices, and early commits all settles.

:p
What football?

giri

Black Mamba said:
I didn't make an excuse, I criticized him for being "fake tough" which makes him do stupid shit. And I called him immature. These are negatives.

I did the exact opposite of your claim. Reading comprehension, much?

It's a good fast food burger. It's not a great burger.
No, thats not even close to what you did. You rationalised it. You tried to make it about bynum, and how he's going to head down a path of redemption, you tried to relate it to "nerds/gamers" and to put him up as a social pariah learning how to interact with the wide world .

He's a thug. Reilo's very right, he should be thanking his lucky stars he's not a convicted felon right now. So while reading some scripted sorry ass completely fake apology, we should all feel sorry for his middle-class up bringing? Robin Lopez reads comic books, is that an excuse for putting poison in the LA drinking water, before the next suns lakers game? He also looks like side show bob, so i presume blowing up a dam would be OK?

I don't care about what he did, it's done. But please don't tell me that anyone should ever believe thats the last time he does it. That he's not a complete and utter twat. It was a spiteful, childish moment, of complete and utter self indulgence. And i'm talking about the apology, not the foul.

But it's all OK, he's SUPER NICE. I hear Osama looked after his 36 wives real well too, and gave his kids candy regularly!

Blackface

Banned
giri said:
No, thats not even close to what you did. You rationalised it. You tried to make it about bynum, and how he's going to head down a path of redemption, you tried to relate it to "nerds/gamers" and to put him up as a social pariah learning how to interact with the wide world .

He's a thug. Reilo's very right, he should be thanking his lucky stars he's not a convicted felon right now. So while reading some scripted sorry ass completely fake apology, we should all feel sorry for his middle-class up bringing? Robin Lopez reads comic books, is that an excuse for putting poison in the LA drinking water, before the next suns lakers game? He also looks like side show bob, so i presume blowing up a dam would be OK?

I don't care about what he did, it's done. But please don't tell me that anyone should ever believe thats the last time he does it. That he's not a complete and utter twat. It was a spiteful, childish moment, of complete and utter self indulgence. And i'm talking about the apology, not the foul.

But it's all OK, he's SUPER NICE. I hear Osama looked after his 36 wives real well too, and gave his kids candy regularly!

And thats the end of that.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
As long as Haslem hasn't let himself go like Shaq, he will be huge for the team.

I guess next season.

He was averaging 8 and 8 off the bench before he went down. He may not reach those numbers during the playoffs but I totally expect him to get back in rhythm and have the team get comfortable again with him next year. He should be a steady contributor from the bench. Which will be very good for the Heat who's bench is very inconsistent when it comes to offensive contributions.

giri

ToyMachine228 said:
He was averaging 8 and 8 off the bench before he went down. He may not reach those numbers during the playoffs but I totally expect him to get back in rhythm and have the team get comfortable again with him next year. He should be a steady contributor from the bench. Which will be very good for the Heat who's bench is very inconsistent when it comes to offensive contributions.
Haslem was genuinely scary when he came off the bench. He played good D. You always felt him entering could be a turning point,. When he went down, i really felt that was their season done. If he can come back and play meaningful minutes, they become a much better team.

The M.O.B

giri said:

1389761_o.gif

SoulPlaya said:
Man, I've been sitting here thinking about how the Bulls could pull off a Noah/Boozer for Dwight trade, and it's impossible, as it can't compete with Bynum/Gasol, and the Bulls would have to probably pick up Arena or Turkeyglue.

Lakers going after Dwight would be a big mistake IMO. He doesn't even address their biggest need (PG) right now. They would be 100x better off if they could keep one of Bynum/Gasol and go after CP3.

giri

Outdoor Miner said:
Lakers going after Dwight would be a big mistake IMO. He doesn't even address their biggest need (PG) right now. They would be 100x better off if they could keep one of Bynum/Gasol and go after CP3.

I don't think you can give up boozer & noah, so that means it's either of them, and that means noah, which means, you're still stuck with boozer. But it probably means you say good bye to taj gibson also at the least.

J2 Cool

Outdoor Miner said:

I'd love to see CP3 with weapons, but he would also add to the "old, beatup, injured" consensus with the Lakers, when things aren't going right. Howard seems pretty invulnerable to injuries, and guarantees them as a force for years. But I agree CP3 makes them better team next year. It would rejuvenate Kobe and you would be ready to reinvest in Bynum becoming a legit weapon if he has a true PG there. Not sure how they wouldn't be West favorites.

Pristine_Condition said:

But that's the best thing about nba-gaf. it's like there's another OT in the OT

man i went back and looked at some of the late game highlights...we really just didn't play good basketball. it was a combo of the celtics being tired and just our stars making difficult as fucking hell shots...if james fadeaway/wade's bomb at the end of the shot clock in OT don't go in, damn I don't want to know what might have happened.

hopefully being at home will help our half court execution and we can just wrap this shit up tonight and prepare for ATL/CHI

YuriLowell said:
No this Celtics/Heat series is going to 7 games.

If Boston wins tonight, I think so.

I am not going to make any predictions about tonight though. I'll leave the "bad cop" stuff to Cerrius :p

I really hope for no lockout next year.
I feel like the Celtics core could do well enough next year to still be contenders in the playoffs.
They just need a bench that can score so the big 3 only have to play 25 mins a game.

If there is a lockout we are fucked.

YuriLowell said:
I really hope for no lockout next year.
I feel like the Celtics core could do well enough next year to still be contenders in the playoffs.
They just need a bench that can score so the big 3 only have to play 25 mins a game.

If there is a lockout we are fucked.

You need a bench that can score, but playoff success is predicated on defense...and with KG only giving 25 minutes a night is that enough to win?

THRILLH0

Banned
Giri shut the fuck up with the convicted felon bullshit.

You know what? Sticking your crotch in someone's face the way Griffin did to Mozgov is generally frowned upon on the sidewalk but this isn't the sidewalk. Half the shit guys like Payton and Garnett say on the court would land them in the back of a cruiser. Did you get your panties in a bunch when Amare's bitch move nearly ended Bogut's career?

The whole "if this happened off the court" argument is a load of horseshit. Apply it to football and you'll realize how dumb it is. Baseball is a non-contact sport so imagine how idiotic it would be if Roger Clemens was put in cuffs for beaning Mike Piazza.

Obviously what Blake did was within the rules while what Bynum did wasn't but if the law was applied to cases like this you might as well end professional sports right now. As an Australian you might remember Gary Jack getting his face rearranged by Ian Roberts then trying to sue. It's turned him into a laughing stock and rightly so.

Sure it looked bad because Barea's a midget but that's irrelevant. Shaq once hit Bynum in the jaw with a punch that would have decapitated JJ and noone said a damn thing.

I have no clue where all this venom towards Bynum is coming from. Like a couple of us have said, had this happened in the 80's or early 90's he'd earn a pat on the back and a spot in the "good, hard foul" playbook.

ph33nix said:
You need a bench that can score, but playoff success is predicated on defense...and with KG only giving 25 minutes a night is that enough to win?

That worries me. I honestly think that if we still had Tony Allen we would have won game 4.

Wow I cant believe I just said that.

YuriLowell said:
That worries me. I honestly think that if we still had Tony Allen we would have won game 4.

Wow I cant believe I just said that.

I thought he played amazing defense on Kobe in the finals, wish he played more in game 7

we need dat PJ Brown , we wouldnt have lost the boards with him playing B^)

diehard

Fleer
AShep said:
I have no clue where all this venom towards Bynum is coming from. Like a couple of us have said, had this happened in the 80's or early 90's he'd earn a pat on the back and a spot in the "good, hard foul" playbook.
Why do people keep saying this? Malone got far more shit for the Isiah Thomas thing , and that was a far more legit foul.

sf2fanatic said:
I know its late and sounds weird but anyone believes Bynum apology?

Hell no. After the game he said he has no regrets about doing it. Something like "we were getting blown out and I was tired of seeing the smallest guy on the court keep running down the lane and making shots so I fouled him". Only now after the fact and after the Lakers gave him a statement to read is he "sorry". He's a bitch, plain and simple. Only thing he probably regrets is that JJ didn't get seriously injured.

Karma is also a bitch though. He's going to have knee issues his entire career and that's great.

Some of you guys with your "I hope his knees blow out because of what he did" shit are ridiculous. So a guy deserves to miss an entire season/career for hitting a player that made him miss no games? Not to mention you guys are advocating harm and then criticizing him for causing harm.

Fucking pussies.

BTW, In and Out > those east coast fast food chains. Deal with it.

KS Seven X said:
Some of you guys with your "I hope his knees blow out because of what he did" shit are ridiculous. So a guy deserves to miss an entire season/career for hitting a player that made him miss no games? Not to mention you guys are advocating harm and then criticizing him for causing harm.

Fucking pussies.

Nah I think Andrew Bynum is the pussy in this situation. Hope that helps.

YuriLowell said:
In and Out fucking sucks.

It tastes just like sonic.

I'm not a fan of sonic's burgers and dogs and shit, but everything else they got there is fucking amazing, especially the breakfast/dessert stuff.

Mest30

Banned
thekad said:
No Western conference team would struggle to take down a 37 win team either.

Yeah, because winning a series 4 to 1 with the close out game being a blow out is really struggling. Sure the games were close, but this is the playoffs. Most of the games are close.

ph33nix said:
I'm not a fan of sonic's burgers and dogs and shit, but everything else they got there is fucking amazing, especially the breakfast/dessert stuff.

Yes this.

5 guys is better then in and out.

Best fast food is Chic-Fil-A.

Dairy Queen is the best for desserts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom