• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/Die-hard-burger-fans-line-up-early-outside-new-In-N-Out-121629879.html

Die-hard burger fans lined up early Wednesday morning for the opening of the In-N-Out fast food restaurant in Frisco.
The site is the first Texas location for the popular California-based chain.
The restaurant was scheduled to open at 10:30 a.m., but decided to open its doors early at 8 a.m.
One fan said he began camping out Monday.

well thankfully I only live 5 minutes from here but...camping out on monday? for in-n-out? lol

YuriLowell said:
Yes this.

5 guys is better then in and out.

Best fast food is Chic-Fil-A.

Dairy Queen is the best for desserts and munchies and hangovers.

fixed
and about chick fila---spicy chicken sandwich with sweet tea and waffle fries. alllllll day baby

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You know who else was a Laker at the time that they infamously almost killed another play on the court?

Kermit Washington.

Also, did you guys know that Kareem Abdul-Jabbar broke Kent Benson's jaw by sucker-punching him from behind after Benson elbowed Kareem in the stomach?

Also, just before Kermit punched Rudy, he punched and knocked down Kevin Kunnert in the same fight.

reilo said:
You know who else was a Laker at the time that they infamously almost killed another play on the court?

Kermit Washington.

Also, did you guys know that Kareem Abdul-Jabbar broke Kent Benson's jaw by sucker-punching him from behind after Benson elbowed Kareem in the stomach?

Also, just before Kermit punched Rudy, he punched and knocked down Kevin Kunnert in the same fight.

those thugs

might as well rename it to the LA Blips

ph33nix said:
http://www.wfaa.com/news/Die-hard-burger-fans-line-up-early-outside-new-In-N-Out-121629879.html

well thankfully I only live 5 minutes from here but...camping out on monday? for in-n-out? lol

fixed
and about chick fila---spicy chicken sandwich with sweet tea and waffle fries. alllllll day baby

Damn I was gonna head to Frisco today to try that out. Might wait until next week when it settles down. And yeah CFA is fuck awesome. Service is top notch especially considering it's a fast food place.

If we're still talking about fast food, I'd like to nominate Del Taco as the best drunk/high food establishment. Four 99 cent chicken soft tacos, a spicy jack quesadilla and a PIBB Xtra please.

Bumblebeetuna said:
Damn I was gonna head to Frisco today to try that out. Might wait until next week when it settles down. And yeah CFA is fuck awesome. Service is top notch especially considering it's a fast food place.

http://twitter.com/#!/Frisco_news

Drive-thru lane at In-N-Out Burger in Frisco wraps around shopping center parking lot - more than 80 cars in line

Wait in the drive-thru line at In-N-Out Burger in Frisco estimated to be at least an hour

lol FUCK THAT

kevo_huevo said:
If we're still talking about fast food, I'd like to nominate Del Taco as the best drunk/high food establishment. Four 99 cent chicken soft tacos, a spicy jack quesadilla and a PIBB Xtra please.

damn dude....

Barrage

Canada (at least where I live) does not have In-N-Out. We do, however, have Five Guys. And it is glorious.

I never understood how Americans constantly shit on Sonic's. You got like a million milkshake flavors, delivered to you by a Gasol on rollerskates. How is that not something you daily get on your knees and thank gracious God for giving to you?

Blackface

Banned
Barrage said:
Canada (at least where I live) does not have In-N-Out. We do, however, have Five Guys. And it is glorious.

I never understood how Americans constantly shit on Sonic's. You got like a million milkshake flavors, delivered to you by a Gasol on rollerskates. How is that not something you daily get on your knees and thank gracious God for giving to you?

in n out is nowhere in Canada, and not even in most of America.

DMczaf

Vegas has In N Out and Five Guys on the same street, with a Fatburger not that far off from that street.

WE GOT EM ALL!! DISCOUNTED!!!!!

SamuraiX-

Barrage said:
I never understood how Americans constantly shit on Sonic's. You got like a million milkshake flavors, delivered to you by a Gasol Pau on rollerskates.

You gotta differentiate, man.

Another example would be: "Yeah, this girl said I was a total Marc in bed last night."

Adam Blade said:
wat

I could have sworn ph33nicks was in NY and now he's in Texas?

wat

I was. My lease in Brooklyn ended May 1st so for a week I couch surfed with friends while finishing my teaching job and fulfilling the rest of my shit for my master's...now I've moved to Dallas for work and all that.

anyways I'm about to go try this in-n-out shit with a friend. this line better be moving fucking quickly...and this burger better be worth it lol

reilo

ph33nix said:
I was. My lease in Brooklyn ended May 1st so for a week I couch surfed with friends while finishing my teaching job and fulfilling the rest of my shit for my master's...now I've moved to Dallas for work and all that.
I hope you don't have to drive far to work in Dallas. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

reilo said:
I hope you don't have to drive far to work in Dallas. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

lol nah, thankfully the work I do doesn't involve having to drive during traffic hour. I grew up here so I know a lot of the workarounds/timings if I do have to go into the dallas area itself (or going south on 75/tollway for people who are more familiar)

I do hate going near south dallas though. place is scary as fuck and the highways are really confusing, not only that, people cannot fucking drive worth their lives there so on one trip you'll have like 5 near accidents.

reilo

ph33nix said:
lol nah, thankfully the work I do doesn't involve having to drive during traffic hour. I grew up here so I know a lot of the workarounds/timings if I do have to go into the dallas area itself (or going south on 75/tollway for people who are more familiar)

I do hate going near south dallas though. place is scary as fuck and the highways are really confusing, not only that, people cannot fucking drive worth their lives there so on one trip you'll have like 5 near accidents.
I drove through Dallas last September and was terrified, and I'm not one to be easily terrified by stupid drivers. It was just that the highway system is so terribly designed and confusing that it is damn near suicidal to be on them.

reilo

Today on the Shawn Kemp Show with Softy and Ian, Kemp said he had been asked to attend the final playoff game at Oklahoma City between the Thunder and the Denver Nuggets.

Kemp said his wife was contacted by someone from the organization to attend the game and sit courtside.

However, Kemp refused to go to Oklahoma City and support the franchise. Kemp told both Ian and Softy that he could not do that to the people of Seattle.
http://www.950kjr.com/pages/ianfurness_page.html#ixzz1M3r1btpd

Fuck off OKC. Seattle's history isn't yours, asswipes.

ecnal

luke's exit interview is really insightful as to why the lakers played the way they did throughout the season/playoffs.

if you can get through the first few minutes of luke crying about playing time, the rest is particularly good -- much better than anyone else's interviews so far.

cliffs:

- not running all options of triangle; simplified version
- new players (resulting in the first)
- new defensive schemes that were complicated; not all players on same page
- fatigue

reilo

The NBA proposed to the players’ union last month a version of the “franchise tag” that it wants to include in the next collective bargaining agreement, according to sources familiar with the matter.
The system the league has presented would not work this way, according to sources. Instead, a team would be allowed to designate one player for preferential contractual treatment, including more overall money, more guaranteed money and at least one extra year on his contract. A player would have to agree to such a designation. It is designed to work as an incentive to get a player to remain with his team rather than as a roadblock to free agency, the sources said.
http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/05/11/nba-proposes-unique-franchise-tag-to-union/

reilo

SephCast said:
Hmm, I like it, but at the same time, top players are going to demand the franchise tag now. If they don't get it, they'll just get disgruntled. It can also lead to other players getting angry. I can see Westbrook saying, "Wtf, I deserve the franchise money, i'm goin somewhere else."
Not just that, but what's the point if the player has to agree to it? That wouldn't prevent a Lebron-type situation.

Branduil

reilo said:
Not just that, but what's the point if the player has to agree to it? That wouldn't prevent a Lebron-type situation.
It would be funny to see which of the Heat would get it though. And how Wade or Lebron responds to being snubbed.

When are they opening the other In-N-Out locations that aren't far north of Dallas?

SamuraiX-

reilo said:

I think it's fucking perfect.

Can't wait to see the amount of turmoil this is gonna cause in places like New York and Miami.

And it'll create all new sorts of trolling material. Like if there's two superstar caliber players on your squad and you realize later down the road you gave the "franchise tag" to the wrong one and the other one walked, we'll make sure you never hear the end of it. lol

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
reilo said:
Because Stern doesn't actually want to prevent another Decision.

TylerD

We have sweet potato waffle fries (they are awesome) at CFA in Oklahoma right now.

Spicy chicken deluxe with pepper jack, large waffle fries (no ketchup!), large unsweetened ice tea is required at least once every two weeks.

The new banana pudding milkshake with blended up Nilla wafers and topped with whipped cream is so good.

In other news, my dad will be attending his first Thunder game tonight.

SUPREME1

Banned
ph33nix said:

anyways I'm about to go try this in-n-out shit with a friend. this line better be moving fucking quickly...and this burger better be worth it lol

You've built it up too much at this point. Disappointment total, awaits you.

Derwind

Rodeo Clown said:
Because Stern doesn't actually want to prevent another Decision.

Wait why? Didn't he get a cut of that one hour special? I would be surprised if he couldn't find a way to profit from the situation...err...I mean decision.

edit; Oh you mean the effect it'll have on smaller markets. gotcha.

edit; Oh you said "doesn't" my bad.... =)

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Derwind said:
Wait why? Didn't he get a cut of that one hour special? I would be surprised if he couldn't find a way to profit from the situation...err...I mean decision.

edit; Oh you mean the effect it'll have on smaller markets. gotcha.
The Decision has been great for David Stern. Interest in the league is up. TV ratings are way up. He likes superstars playing together.

Derwind

Rodeo Clown said:
The Decision has been great for David Stern. Interest in the league is up. TV ratings are way up. He likes superstars playing together.

Yeah, I'm sorry rodeo, I read your post wrong. I share your opinion if its any consolation.

KingGondo

Banned
TylerD said:
We have sweet potato waffle fries (they are awesome) at CFA in Oklahoma right now.

Spicy chicken deluxe with pepper jack, large waffle fries (no ketchup!), large unsweetened ice tea is required at least once every two weeks.

The new banana pudding milkshake with blended up Nilla wafers and topped with whipped cream is so good.

In other news, my dad will be attending his first Thunder game tonight.
My wife thought she would hate Chick-fil-a since it's a "southern thing" (she's from New England) and she is now obsessed with it. Spicy chicken sandwich is indeed the way to go, although I'm not much for tea. Simplicity>* when it comes to fast food, which is why I love In-N-Out and CFA.

And may I note that it's hilarious to see people from other parts of the country going nuts over Sonic? Thoroughly mediocre IMO unless you're a fountain drink junkie.

Have fun at the game tonight! I was thinking about going but $50/seat for nosebleeds is a bit rich for my taste right now. Hopefully we'll make the WCF so I can pounce on some seats then.

Derwind

Here's the most telling thing that I picked up on his wiki page that I didn't know before.

In the 1998 NBA Draft, Traylor was drafted by the Dallas Mavericks(with the 6th pick), but traded to the Milwaukee Bucks for Pat Garrity and German prospect Dirk Nowitzki. Nowitzki would become the first European NBA MVP ever, a multiple All-Star and a cornerstone for the Dallas Mavericks.

Without him, there would not have been a Dirk for Dallas to cheer for. Think about that now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom