• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vire said:
Hasn't the Boston series proved that they are a different team now? Boston dominated them in the regular season...

Get real, the Heat are going to be a tough adversary for the Bulls.

The Boston series is proving what a different team Boston is. If folks are going to claim the Bulls didn't look so hot against a 37 win team, well the same needs to be said about the Heat against a 41-win club.

benjipwns

Banned
Apologies if this was posted already:
Miami Heat president Pat Riley and Chicago Bulls general manager Gar Forman are co-recipients of the NBA Executive of the Year award for engineering overhauls that so far have propelled their teams to the Eastern Conference semifinals.

The league announced the award Tuesday.

Riley and Forman each received 11 of a possible 30 votes from a panel of team executives, making this the first time the award has been shared since its inception for the 1972-73 season.
Paxson finished third with three votes even though he and Forman basically work in tandem. San Antonio’s R.C. Buford was fourth with two votes, and Oklahoma City’s Sam Presti, New Jersey’s Billy King and New York’s Donnie Walsh received one vote each.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Bulls can beat Heat, but only if they focus on defense, and take advantage of rebounds. Otherwise, they have no chance. Honestly, I still don't think they can beat the Heat, but their biggest advantage will be HCA, as they seem to be more consistent there.

Outdoor Miner said:
The Boston series is proving what a different team Boston is. If folks are going to claim the Bulls didn't look so hot against a 37 win team, well the same needs to be said about the Heat against a 41-win club.

Boston definitely isn't the same team they were in the past and while I don't know why, they still were one basket away from tying the series with the Heat while everyone had already given the Heat the championship because the Lakers(a team that didn't exactly impress in the playoffs) were out.

Vire

Outdoor Miner said:

What are you babbling about? The Heat put up probably the second most impressive performance in the first round. Did you see Skip Bayless? He was ready to suck off Dwyane...

verbum

tmdorsey said:
So sad. We are counted out like the series is 3-1

Last game the Bulls were counted out. Human nature. I'm not confident, hopeful, but not confident. It all depends on Joe Johnson deciding to play like he is capable of playing. I was more impressed by Josh Smith even with his mistakes and the real goofy layup attempt. Which turned out to be a lay down.

J2 Cool

tmdorsey said:
So sad. We are counted out like the series is 3-1

People did the same thing when the series went 2-1 in a blowout. But the Hawks have at least made me respect them; their talent and ability to play really well at times. I definitely think Josh Smith, Teague, Joe Johnson, and co at home can push it to 7. I just think the Bulls will come out with more intensity than they did in game 4. Atlanta had the Bulls team reeling and feeling the pressure.

The jumpshots and a few defensive plays by Chicago ended this game tonight. When Atlanta was moving the ball towards the end of the 3rd, I think a lot of Bulls fans were on the edge of their seat.

MikeTyson

Banned
Vire said:
What are you babbling about? The Heat put up probably the second most impressive performance in the first round. Did you see Skip Bayless? He was ready to suck off Dwyane...
you mean vs the 76ers?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Dont count the HAwks out yet, people thought they were done before. I'm not gonna jinx the bulls are start talking about the heat or Boston just yet.

Also that Heat/Boston series is far from over. Boston can win three straight against the heat.

Doc Holliday said:
Dont count the HAwks out yet, people thought they were done before. I'm not gonna jinx the bulls are start talking about the heat or Boston just yet.

Also that Heat/Boston series is far from over. Boston can win three straight against the heat.

I'd be scared if I were a Heat fan, they need to close it out next game or it might get really interesting.

I think they will though.

Teague has been a revelation this series. When I initially predicted the Bulls would win in 5 it was because Hinrich was out and I wasn't expecting much out of Teague. Anyone else find it funny the announcers were talking about him like he was 5 years younger than Rose. They are the same age!

J2 Cool

Doc Holliday said:
lso that Heat/Boston series is far from over. Boston can win three straight against the heat.

Now that one is over. Boston has proven to be old, their only young guy is injured. Wade and Lebron can fire away at the old guys. Boston would have put it together by now if they could have. KG doesn't have another 30/20 night in him - and I mean that in his career.

SoulPlaya said:
Bulls can beat Heat, but only if they focus on defense, and take advantage of rebounds. Otherwise, they have no chance. Honestly, I still don't think they can beat the Heat, but their biggest advantage will be HCA, as they seem to be more consistent there.

Chicago would have to crush Miami on the boards and limit turnovers, victory by sheer number of possessions. Boston would be winning this series if they weren't so poor on the boards.

Vire

Doc Holliday said:

Three straight while two are in Miami? I don't think so...

Hawks may take it to Game 7. But everyone knows how that works, the home team nearly always wins the final game..

Doc Holliday said:

RIP Celtics.........in game 6
I can see them winning tomorrow

it's over though man, i'm hoping straight on the Bruins bandwagon on Saturday, dont even watch hockey but a Boston team in the ECF for something lol B^) :p i'm there

dabig2

Basileus777 said:
Chicago would have to crush Miami on the boards and limit turnovers, victory by sheer number of possessions. Boston would be winning this series if they weren't so poor on the boards.

That series will rely on how consistent the Bulls D can play. They'll need something like tonight to win against Miami. Brewer sticking to Wade, Deng playing his best D of his career on Bron, and Taj forcing Bosh into long jumpers with Asik/Noah guarding well against any and all penetration. And of course, like you said, winning the rebounding battle while limiting possessions for Miami as the defensive lineup affords the Bulls little offense to make up Miami 2nd chance points.

friskykillface said:
RIP Celtics.........in game 6
I can see them winning tomorrow

it's over though man, i'm hoping straight on the Bruins bandwagon on Saturday, dont even watch hockey but a Boston team in the ECF for something lol B^) :p i'm there
If they win tomorrow then the series goes 7.

Boston isn't losing again at home. It's just not going to happen. MIA will close tomorrow. If not, Game 7 is anyone's guess.

MikeTyson

Banned
Doc Holliday said:
Rose = Jordan
Deng = Pippen
Korver = Paxon/Hodges
Gibson/Noah =Grant/Rodman
Asik = Cartright

Believe!!!

;)

Rose = Iverson
Deng = Dikembe Mutombo
Korver = Lynch
Gibson/Noah = Theo Ratliff
Asik = Nazr Mohammed

A Royale with cheese!

Doc Holliday said:

2280684_o.gif

Boston's only chance was if Rondo and KG played lights out. Rondo is one armed and KG can only show up 1 in every 4 games. Celts are done.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Just got back from the game. Great atmosphere. 300 level, poor section, is always the best place for real fans. I was deathly afraid at the end of the third, but the Bulls really turned it up. Taj Gibson was great. It's hard to tell officiating while in person, but any unbiased person able to give me an opinion?

SamuraiX-

My GE professor tonight was trolling the shit out of this Lakers fan in the front row for the entire class period.

So fucking good. lol

SephCast said:
Just got back from the game. Great atmosphere. 300 level, poor section, is always the best place for real fans. I was deathly afraid at the end of the third, but the Bulls really turned it up. Taj Gibson was great. It's hard to tell officiating while in person, but any unbiased person able to give me an opinion?

I won't answer that;) but were you scared when Boozer went at Josh Smith???

Not sure if Boozer can fight but he looked like he was going to bite his fucking head off.

He looks the part!!!!!

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I won't answer that;) but were you scared when Boozer went at Josh Smith.???

Not sure if Boozer can fight but he looked like he was going to bite his fucking head off.

He looks the part!!!!!

Sat in 300 level, so I couldn't see the specifics. Actually about to watch highlights after these press conferences are over to see what happened.

Vire

SephCast said:

Most of the calls were fine aside from the egregious Rose touch fouls. But hey, that's expected!

SephCast said:
Sat in 300 level, so I couldn't see the specifics. Actually about to watch highlights after these press conferences are over to see what happened.

Maybe it's just me or is Korver sorely underplayed or played too late in games????

I don't care what he shot last game, put him in more often and earlier.

I know defense purposes but he's not Boozer bad and they sometimes need big shots to demoralize the other team or get leads up again that are dwindling.

giri

SephCast said:
Boozer can only punch Vaginas. So he could probably take Smith.

Derwind

Ninja Scooter said:

Why does that gif kind of look like Kobe is really the only one find his joke funny and his teammates are laughing out of fear. Shit, some of the have a delayed reaction too, like they didn't care.

Even the assistant coach is forced lean in to pay attention to Kobe's joke and strain a laugh.

Kobe, thug in locker room confirmed.

Shit, I don't know anyone on the lakers organization Kobe hasn't punked. Maybe Phil but thats it....

Jerry Buss must piss his pants every time Kobe visits his office...

SephCast said:

Nothing major really. Rose got away with a foul on Teague and Noah got called for a blocking foul which looked just like a block to me.

Regarding Boozer, Smith dunked the ball. Boozer threw his forearm and grazed Smith's face; Smith shoved him.

Doomsayer

I actually made a joke similar to that today!

Anyone played Diablo 2 lately? I see dirks drop all the time and I immediately get salty. :|

The worst part about it? They are daggers

Takuan

Derwind said:
Why does that gif kind of look like Kobe is really the only one find his joke funny and his teammates are laughing out of fear. Shit, some of the have a delayed reaction too, like they didn't care.

Even the assistant coach is forced lean in to pay attention to Kobe's joke and strain a laugh.

Kobe, thug in locker room confirmed.

Shit, I don't know anyone on the lakers organization Kobe hasn't punked. Maybe Phil but thats it....

Jerry Buss must piss his pants every time Kobe visits his office...
Kobe strikes me as the type of guy who, if it weren't for his godlike ability to play basketball, would not have many genuine friends.

Hell, even as a basketball god, he doesn't seem to have many friends.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Man, I've been sitting here thinking about how the Bulls could pull off a Noah/Boozer for Dwight trade, and it's impossible, as it can't compete with Bynum/Gasol, and the Bulls would have to probably pick up Arena or Turkeyglue.

SephCast said:

I think you came to the worst place for an unbiased opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom