• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

TylerD said:
We have sweet potato waffle fries (they are awesome) at CFA in Oklahoma right now.

Spicy chicken deluxe with pepper jack, large waffle fries (no ketchup!), large unsweetened ice tea is required at least once every two weeks.

This is my go to as well. We get the sweet potatoes fries next week. I am pretty excited.

Blackface

Banned
ecnal said:
luke's exit interview is really insightful as to why the lakers played the way they did throughout the season/playoffs.

if you can get through the first few minutes of luke crying about playing time, the rest is particularly good -- much better than anyone else's interviews so far.

cliffs:

- not running all options of triangle; simplified version
- new players (resulting in the first)
- new defensive schemes that were complicated; not all players on same page
- fatigue

He forgot

-Everyone is old as fuck and hates eachother.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Asik.jpg

The Dallas Mavericks little man J.J. Barea dates Miss Universe… Now I’m learning Chicago Bulls backup Center Omer Asik is dating Miss Ohio…What’s up with the role players getting the starter’s girls…Here’s Miss Ohio Lindsay Davis who is currently dating the Turkish Center…Lindsay has been spotted court side at the games, grocery shopping with Asik, and she’s been living in Chicago filming a show for NBC…I think she might be one of the hotter girls I’ve seen in a long time…Congrats to the Sheik…To see what Asik is working with check the gallery below. -TO

http://www.terezowens.com/chicago-bulls-backup-center-dating-miss-ohio/

Bet he Asik and Destroy's that shit all night.

McNei1y

So the new Wizards jerseys went on sale today but all they have is John Wall at the moment.

I'm seeing a problem though. On the site they have "authentic" jerseys with the bar on the chest selling for 80 dollars. Then they have a youth and adult replica version of both home and away yet on those jerseys they don't have the bar on the chest...

Wouldn't it make sense to have the bar there for replicas if they are attempting to be the same?

http://www.washingtonwizardsstore.c...w-2011-2012-Jerseys-Store-_1303757392_PG.html

JoeFu

Banned
Branduil said:
It would be funny to see which of the Heat would get it though. And how Wade or Lebron responds to being snubbed.

When are they opening the other In-N-Out locations that aren't far north of Dallas?

The only other one is Allen right?

All I heard is that it is opening up within the week or something.

Also sad about Tractor Traylor :( Can't believe we got Dirk for him.

McNei1y said:
So the new Wizards jerseys went on sale today but all they have is John Wall at the moment.

I'm seeing a problem though. On the site they have "authentic" jerseys with the bar on the chest selling for 80 dollars. Then they have a youth and adult replica version of both home and away yet on those jerseys they don't have the bar on the chest...

Wouldn't it make sense to have the bar there for replicas if they are attempting to be the same?

http://www.washingtonwizardsstore.c...w-2011-2012-Jerseys-Store-_1303757392_PG.html

I know the new jersey's are throwbacks but damn if the ones without the bars are the better jerseys.

Anyone in LA hear Kobe's presser on 710 ESPN?

He had a lot of things to say but the one thing I got from it is, Kobe has matured quite a lot from who he was during the RP34 era.

McNei1y said:

In my jersey buying experience, "replica" jerseys are usually silk screened on a crappy material/fabric, and will always be missing some feature of the real jersey (some sort of accent, color trim, border, etc) and will be cheaper in price. So it wouldn't surprise me that the replicas are missing the bars.

McNei1y

kevo_huevo said:
In my jersey buying experience, "replica" jerseys are usually silk screened on a crappy material/fabric, and will always be missing some feature of the real jersey (some sort of accent, color trim, border, etc) and will be cheaper in price. So it wouldn't surprise me that the replicas are missing the bars.

Good point. I think I've bought a few replicas over my years and they've always missed the number/font trim color... It just seems omitting the bar is a pretty noticeable thing. It does look pretty good without it though.

McNei1y said:
Good point. I think I've bought a few replicas over my years and they've always missed the number/font trim color... It just seems omitting the bar is a pretty noticeable thing. It does look pretty good without it though.

Yeah, while not including the bar is a pretty big boner, it actually does make the jersey look cleaner.

dream

ryutaro's mama said:
Anyone in LA hear Kobe's presser on 710 ESPN?

He had a lot of things to say but the one thing I got from it is, Kobe has matured quite a lot from who he was during the RP34 era.
Thanks for the in-depth summary.

Not sure if there's an aspect of basketball than Wesley Johnson is better than Evan Turner or Gordon at, but whatever. Tractor dying is really sad :(. And he'll always be falsely remembered for being traded for Dirk (Dallas was going to take Dirk anyway, just collected some assets by trading down)

AirBrian

Branduil said:
It would be funny to see which of the Heat would get it though. And how Wade or Lebron responds to being snubbed.

When are they opening the other In-N-Out locations that aren't far north of Dallas?
The only 2 open in the Dallas area are Allen and Frisco. The SMU one is opening this week or next. I haven't heard anything about when the one off of Coit and 635/75 and Los Colinas will open, but they're finally on the website so they must be around the corner.

ph33nix said:
We got in line at 11:15. We ordered at 1:05. We got our food at 1:55.

This better be the best fucking burger I've ever eaten.

What did you end up ordering? You know that you can customize your burger pretty much anyway you like?

I usually get a double-single, with pickles and a whole grilled onion, and animal fries. If i want the extra extra calories, I'll get a float.

Mark Heisler: ADD LAKER CANDIDATES: Mike Dunleavy. Jim Buss likes him. Mitch almost became his GM w/Bucks. Kobe almost left Lakes to play for him w/Clips Twitter

...bwahahaha

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ph33nix said:
That double double...was wonderfully delicious. Damn.

Now onto the animal fries...which have sogged themselves out :(

Still amazing. Use a fork.

Also, I recommend well done fries dipped in strawberry shake.

Oh and by the way while we were there, Ashanti Blaize from NBC Dallas came to do some reporting..

(image way too big)

Every single male in line was staring at DAT ASS while we were waiting...

giri

AShep said:
Giri shut the fuck up with the convicted felon bullshit.

You know what? Sticking your crotch in someone's face the way Griffin did to Mozgov is generally frowned upon on the sidewalk but this isn't the sidewalk. Half the shit guys like Payton and Garnett say on the court would land them in the back of a cruiser. Did you get your panties in a bunch when Amare's bitch move nearly ended Bogut's career?

The whole "if this happened off the court" argument is a load of horseshit. Apply it to football and you'll realize how dumb it is. Baseball is a non-contact sport so imagine how idiotic it would be if Roger Clemens was put in cuffs for beaning Mike Piazza.

Obviously what Blake did was within the rules while what Bynum did wasn't but if the law was applied to cases like this you might as well end professional sports right now. As an Australian you might remember Gary Jack getting his face rearranged by Ian Roberts then trying to sue. It's turned him into a laughing stock and rightly so.

Sure it looked bad because Barea's a midget but that's irrelevant. Shaq once hit Bynum in the jaw with a punch that would have decapitated JJ and noone said a damn thing.

I have no clue where all this venom towards Bynum is coming from. Like a couple of us have said, had this happened in the 80's or early 90's he'd earn a pat on the back and a spot in the "good, hard foul" playbook.

He should be. There are cases in here in Aus, where rugby league players have taken other players to court, for their actions on the field, and successfully sued them. Several, The punchups don't get very far, but the cheap high-shot tackles, or complete blind side punches that knock people out? I'm fairly certain an Argentinian player served jail time for eye gouging, that did ruin someone's eyesight. I don't follow the Grid iron stuff at all, but i wouldn't be surprised to find cases similar. So maybe you should read up a bit more, aye? You are just as liable and responsible for your actions on the court, as off.

And comparing the amare and blake stuff shows just how little you understand about the comment. Blakes dunk only hurt mozgov's manhood. Boguts injury wasn't caused by Amare (bogut came out and said that amare didn't not push him, and he never even felt his hand there), why his hand was there i have no idea, and it was stupid.

Also, maybe you should go back and read my posts, i have no fucking problem with hard fouls, bynums was moroninically timed, and he needs to learn to foul them on the ground, not in the air. It really wasn't that far from Barrea landing on his kneck, then Bynum would be in a whole OTHER world of problems.

giri said:
No, thats not even close to what you did. You rationalised it. You tried to make it about bynum, and how he's going to head down a path of redemption, you tried to relate it to "nerds/gamers" and to put him up as a social pariah learning how to interact with the wide world .

No, I didn't rationalize it. What I did was try to explain why he would do something stupid and also try to explain that I believe that really isn't who he is. Rationalizing means you justify the action, but I'm not.

He's a thug. Reilo's very right, he should be thanking his lucky stars he's not a convicted felon right now. So while reading some scripted sorry ass completely fake apology, we should all feel sorry for his middle-class up bringing? Robin Lopez reads comic books, is that an excuse for putting poison in the LA drinking water, before the next suns lakers game? He also looks like side show bob, so i presume blowing up a dam would be OK?

Suburban thug, again! And no, he would not be in jail. Let's all pretend we haven't seen much worse on the courts (even though we once discussed it a few months ago).

Who is saying to feel sorry for him. All I said was, he's a bit aloof for an NBA player and wants to feel accepted on the court, so he goes out and does stupid shit that he doesn't realize in the heat of the moment. It doesn't make it okay or right, but I think that's why I believe his apology. Now, if Matt Barnes had done it, then I wouldn't believe him because of who he is.

I don't care about what he did, it's done. But please don't tell me that anyone should ever believe thats the last time he does it. That he's not a complete and utter twat. It was a spiteful, childish moment, of complete and utter self indulgence. And i'm talking about the apology, not the foul.

I never said it's the last time. You're putting words in my mouth.

How was the apology spiteful? Do you know what "spite" means? What is he supposed to do, not apologize? So damned if you do, damned if you don't?

But it's all OK, he's SUPER NICE. I hear Osama looked after his 36 wives real well too, and gave his kids candy regularly!

So basically this is like the new Godwin? Yes, let's compare a basketball player who took a cheap shot to a mass murderer. Because that's just equal in Giri's book.

lol @ people saying "damn." It's as if just because someone goes off the rails and rants it means something. His completely misunderstood most of what I said, then compares Bynum to OBL, .
KuGsj.gif

dabig2

MikeTyson said:
RIP "Tractor" Traylor. Got his autograph at my first Cavs game in 05'.

I didn't realize he was only 34 as well. Sounds like it was a heart attack and given his weight I'm not surprised. RIP.

RIP Traylor. Damn, only 34. For some reason I thought he was much older, but he was drafted with Dirk (and traded for him).

EVIN DING
Barnes made clear w/o declaration that he will not opt out for next season. "I want to win. I still feel this is the best team in the NBA."

better be back to pre-surgery levels.

KEVIN DING
Kobe on Lakers being less motivated this season: "No doubt, but I think the biggest thing was the fatigue factor."

Also owned up to not practicing which he believed hurt the team and players have complained about supposedly off the record as a big reason why they didn't shore up their problems. And said he thought he would be better next season with the knee surgery no longer an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom