• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
J2 Cool said:
Not to mention he would make NBA all-minutes played first team.

Yeah, his health has been great this year though he's not old, I am just happy he plays the way he does on both ends and hasn't been injured like in the past.

Luck has a lot to do with it.

And I for one think we must win tomorrow against Boston. If Boston steals one at home you sure as hell bet there will be some tight assholes headed back to TD Garden and we pretty much had to whore ourselves completely to just win ONE game there, and I don't even want to imagine how much pressure would be on the Heat if they are forced to a game 7.

Scary thing? Our games are on Wednesday, Friday, then there's a two day layoff before Monday. That longer layoff before game 7 would help the Celtics.

SephCast said:

Ok true lol

ph33nix said:
And I for one think we must win tomorrow against Boston. If Boston steals one at home you sure as hell bet there will be some tight assholes headed back to TD Garden and we pretty much had to whore ourselves completely to just win ONE game there, and I don't even want to imagine how much pressure would be on the Heat if they are forced to a game 7.

I agree with all that but I think it will end tomorrow.

I think the Heat can win a game 7 on their homecourt but I don't think the Heat will win game 6 if they lose this next game.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I agree with all that but I think it will end tomorrow.

I think the Heat can win a game 7 on their homecourt but I don't think the Heat will win game 6 if they lose this next game.

We should use Udonis as a secret weapon, in that if we need a mental lift, just insert him for 3 minutes...crowd is going to go insane when he comes back.

Vire

ph33nix said:
We should use Udonis as a secret weapon, in that if we need a mental lift, just insert him for 3 minutes...crowd is going to go insane when he comes back.

Haha genius. He played like utter garbage in Game 4, but I'll be damned if it wasn't fun seeing him back in a Heat uniform.

ph33nix said:

Still a shame that guy can't play, he'd make you guys that much more dangerous.

Oh shit, he played?????

Vire

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

Oh shit, he played?????

Yeah, they put him in for about 3 minutes in Game 4, he picked up two quick fouls and had a bricked shot. At the very least, it was nice seeing him off the sidelines.

You could tell he was rusty though.

friskykillface said:
will shaq get booed when he checks in for his 2 minutes of playing time
why would they boo him? He'll get cheers. Shaq was loved in Miami and helped bring them their only ring. And remember, he was traded away.

The M.O.B

Haslem got two fouls and a tech in only 3 minutes...............needless to say the dude isn't up to speed to be playing yet.

Dreams-Visions said:
why would they boo him? He'll get cheers. Shaq was loved in Miami and helped bring them their only ring. And remember, he was traded away.

He got booed before, he will get booed again.

Vire said:
Haha genius. He played like utter garbage in Game 4, but I'll be damned if it wasn't fun seeing him back in a Heat uniform.

I think it was good to just get him a tiny bit of action. Hopefully, that helped him get a good feel for whenever we need him again.

Although I think he won't be getting much burn until the NBA Finals should we reach there, since I feel like we will be playing LeBron a lot at the 4 and he will be able to match Chicago and Atlanta's 4s physically.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

Oh shit, he played?????

Yeah he played...he came in, bricked a jumper, and then drew a technical foul. So let's just say it wasn't exactly an inspiring comeback...

Dreams-Visions said:

No way will he get cheered. He said some nasty things about the medical staff, Pat Riley, and Dwyane Wade on his way out as usual. He probably won't get a reaction though, I think Miami got their booing out of the way when he was a Sun.

ph33nix said:
No way will he get cheered. He said some nasty things about the medical staff, Pat Riley, and Dwyane Wade on his way out as usual. He probably won't get a reaction though, I think Miami got their booing out of the way when he was a Sun.
yes, pardon...I forgot this was a playoff game momentarily.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Yeah, his health has been great this year though he's not old, I am just happy he plays the way he does on both ends and hasn't been injured like in the past.

Luck has a lot to do with it.

man he had some incredible two way games where he really stopped his man and did his job on offense. The first trail blazers game came to mind. In what world does Luol Deng score 40 in one game?

Also, there was a cute Knicks fan on the previous page who said Heat had no shot against Bulls...joke poster. lol

I definitely think Chi-Mia would be a series (Heat in 6 would be my pick). I won't ever underestimate a good defense and a star wing player who will put pressure on your front court defense in late game situations.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ph33nix said:
Also, there was a cute Knicks fan on the previous page who said Heat had no shot against Bulls...joke poster. lol

I definitely think Chi-Mia would be a series (Heat in 6 would be my pick). I won't ever underestimate a good defense and a star wing player who will put pressure on your front court defense in late game situations.

Chicago would really need to win the first two games. If Miami was able to steal one of them, it'd be completely over.

I can't be the only one who's seeing this.

5U9wM.jpg

U2n5w.jpg

... D:

THRILLH0

Banned
SephCast said:
Chicago would really need to win the first two games. If Miami was able to steal one of them, it'd be completely over.

Although i'd predict/hope for a Bulls victory in 6/7 I could also see a Heat blowout which I don't see happening the other way.

giri

ph33nix said:

Scary thing? Our games are on Wednesday, Friday, then there's a two day layoff before Monday. That longer layoff before game 7 would help the Celtics.

Ok true lol
I'd agree with that mostly. LBJ & Bosh aren't what you class as mentally tough giants. Though wade could just take over entirely again. People have really underestimated how much he's made this team click in the play offs.

And i don't think ANY team would want to face Boston in a game 7, at home or away.

giri said:
I'd agree with that mostly. LBJ & Bosh aren't what you class as mentally tough giants. Though wade could just take over entirely again. People have really underestimated how much he's made this team click in the play offs.

And i don't think ANY team would want to face Boston in a game 7, at home or away.

Yeah, I'm not going to take for granted how easily game 4 could have been Boston's. But it is what it is and I'll take it...no champion ever just steamrolls through (except for the 2001 lakers which is the last completely dominant playoff team i can remember)

exarkun

Zep said:
The Washington B
alls n cock

they throw jizz balls at their opponents.

Thats what Adam sees.

lol.

Anyone watch the Inside the NBA segment last night when they talked about the Rocket's next choice in head coach? Chuck was kind of laughing at the prospect of The Alien Sam as a coach. I thought it was kind of fucked up, but when Jet started to make points why Sam should be a coach I knew it was a joke. I'll take McHale as our next coach. He knows what its like to win, and he's smart/passionate.

I reallllllllllly wanted Shaw, but its pretty obvious the Lakers are gonna take him next to be their coach.

SamuraiX-

Andrew Bynum said:
"My actions ... don't represent me, my upbringing, this franchise or any of the Laker fans out there that want to watch us and want us to succeed," Bynum said. "Furthermore, and more importantly, I want to actually apologize to J.J. Barea for doing that. I'm just glad that he wasn't seriously injured in the event and all I can say is, I've looked at [the replay], it's terrible and it definitely won't be happening again."

SMFH

The best part was watching him read this script to the media.

You could tell he was laughing his bitch-thug ass off on the inside.

I still need to go out and buy some bottles of champagne to be ready for the day this fucker blows both his knees out.

Sparkling wine stores well for a good few years, right? Hah, who the fuck am I kidding? I give the asshole three years tops before either somebody takes him out or he takes himself out.

sf2fanatic said:
I know its late and sounds weird but anyone believes Bynum apology?

yes. He's a bit aloof for an NBA player. He builds computers, reads novels in his spare time (and I mean legit ones), and is kind of a geek. What goes with that is he's always trying to "fit in" with the team. He mistakenly thought he had to take a hard foul, and how he did it was really stupid, because he's trying to gain acceptance (especially from Kobe). He's fake tough in that he feels he needs to be tough when he's naturally a softie, so it almost always comes out stupid. Afterwards, I think he ganuially felt bad about it.

He's really nice from all accounts I've read/heard. But he's still a bit immature, like most of the HS to NBA players since they never got a chance to really grow up in a more normal setting.

SMFH

The best part was watching him read this script to the media.

You could tell he was laughing his bitch-thug ass off on the inside.

I still need to go out and buy some bottles of champagne to be ready for the day this fucker blows both his knees out.

Sparkling wine stores well for a good few years, right? Hah, who the fuck am I kidding? I give the asshole three years tops before either somebody takes him out or he takes himself out.

Well to do suburban kid who builds computers in his spare time is doubtfully "thug" inside.

Zep

Banned
Anyone read what Rose said about PED use in the NBA? Gave the problem a 7 out of 10 and called it a huge issue. I personally think someone like Wade used to come back from injury and frankly...Don't really give a shit.

Black Mamba said:
yes. He's a bit aloof for an NBA player. He builds computers, reads novels in his spare time (and I mean legit ones), and is kind of a geek.

So you're basically saying that...

he is...

LikeABoshPic.jpg

Zep

Banned
friskykillface said:
Greatest game B^) played that everyday when it came out

f that Jordan team , cheaters lol

I always picked Gervin and thought his finger-roll was the greatest thing ever in videogames.

SamuraiX-

Black Mamba said:
Of course he's not sorry. He's a bitchass, overgrown child who's done this same crap twice before in the past two years just for his own shits and giggles. Fake thug, street thug, bitchass thug, etc. It's all the same.

I hope he waits for us to trade his immature, over privileged ass before he blows out his knee.

*high-five*

The M.O.B

sf2fanatic said:
I know its late and sounds weird but anyone believes Bynum apology?

He also apologized to Beasley and Wallace to but it just happened again.

Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times makes him a punk.

exarkun said:
lol.

Anyone watch the Inside the NBA segment last night when they talked about the Rocket's next choice in head coach? Chuck was kind of laughing at the prospect of The Alien Sam as a coach. I thought it was kind of fucked up, but when Jet started to make points why Sam should be a coach I knew it was a joke. I'll take McHale as our next coach. He knows what its like to win, and he's smart/passionate.

I love Sam. Before I moved to Dallas, I was a lifelong Rockets fan. But Sam can't be the coach, and it has nothing to do with his looks. Check the interview skills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kugJfyKJeE

Got wins games home.

ph33nix said:
wait...

in-n-out doesn't have bacon on their burgers?

somebody better fucking tell me otherwise

No. In N Out is about cheeseburgers, fries, and shakes. The point is to not diversify the menu because when you do, it makes things worse. You can add patties/cheese or get the onions grilled or mix the shakes, etc, but it's a basic burger place.

Besides, fast food bacon sucks.

Well their cheeseburger had better be really fucking good. Cause all I know is, 5 guys is across the street, and they have every ingredient mankind could ever wish for.

giri

Black Mamba said:
yes. He's a bit aloof for an NBA player. He builds computers, reads novels in his spare time (and I mean legit ones), and is kind of a geek. What goes with that is he's always trying to "fit in" with the team. He mistakenly thought he had to take a hard foul, and how he did it was really stupid, because he's trying to gain acceptance (especially from Kobe). He's fake tough in that he feels he needs to be tough when he's naturally a softie, so it almost always comes out stupid. Afterwards, I think he ganuially felt bad about it.

He's really nice from all accounts I've read/heard. But he's still a bit immature, like most of the HS to NBA players since they never got a chance to really grow up in a more normal setting.

Well to do suburban kid who builds computers in his spare time is doubtfully "thug" inside.
That, is one of the biggest diatribes of Bull Shit and fan excuse i've ever fucking read. Take your fan-fic somewhere else. I don't think i've seen trax make as pathetic an excuse for bosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom