• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

Black Mamba said:
No, I didn't rationalize it. What I did was try to explain why he would do something stupid and also try to explain that I believe that really isn't who he is. Rationalizing means you justify the action, but I'm not.

Suburban thug, again! And no, he would not be in jail. Let's all pretend we haven't seen much worse on the courts (even though we once discussed it a few months ago).

Who is saying to feel sorry for him. All I said was, he's a bit aloof for an NBA player and wants to feel accepted on the court, so he goes out and does stupid shit that he doesn't realize in the heat of the moment. It doesn't make it okay or right, but I think that's why I believe his apology. Now, if Matt Barnes had done it, then I wouldn't believe him because of who he is.

I never said it's the last time. You're putting words in my mouth.

How was the apology spiteful? Do you know what "spite" means? What is he supposed to do, not apologize? So damned if you do, damned if you don't?

So basically this is like the new Godwin? Yes, let's compare a basketball player who took a cheap shot to a mass murderer. Because that's just equal in Giri's book.

lol @ people saying "damn." It's as if just because someone goes off the rails and rants it means something. His completely misunderstood most of what I said, then compares Bynum to OBL, .
KuGsj.gif

You're going to ask me what spite, and Reading and Comprehension mean, when you obviously don't know what you're even writing? You're still trying to rationalise it, oh he's a bit aloof and seeking acceptance. boohoo poor bynum. He only had a gamecube growing up, he doesn't know how to relate and interact with playstation people! You're still doing it. I don't give a shit about the foul, but don't try and re-write history. He's a "suburban thug"? he's a thug. Thats who he is.

And how is, believing his apology, and thinking he'll never do it again, not related? True remorse is making sure you never do it again. Bynum will. Thats ok, but don't re-write history. This isn't about poor Bynum trying to gain acceptance in the big wide world. He's a thug who lashed out.

Derwind

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Can't wait until tonight's game. Pressure is all on Miami. Should be fun either way.

Not all on Miami, this is an elimination game for Boston.

You're right though, if Miami gives this up and allows the Celt's to back to Boston, then they're risking a game 7 on there hands back in Miami....

Either way, this game is going to be very telling....

Can't wait!

giri said:
You're going to ask me what spite, and Reading and Comprehension mean, when you obviously don't know what you're even writing? You're still trying to rationalise it, oh he's a bit aloof and seeking acceptance. boohoo poor bynum. He only had a gamecube growing up, he doesn't know how to relate and interact with playstation people! You're still doing it. I don't give a shit about the foul, but don't try and re-write history. He's a "suburban thug"? he's a thug. Thats who he is.

You are setting up a straw man argument. I have never argued we should feel sorry for him. I said, and I guess I have to repeat it because someone has a thick skull, he does stupid shit because he's trying to fit in and doesn't realize he's doing stupid shit at the time, so I genuinely believe he's sorry afterwards. That doesn't make what he did any more or less wrong. It's just as wrong either way, but the topic is whether we should believe his apology, not whether what he did was wrong because we all acknowledge it was.

And yes, I'm calling out your understanding of "spite" because your use of it make no fucking sense whatsoever. It sounds like you just grouped together a bunch of "strong" words to make your argument seem mightier, but in the end it really made it look silly.

And how is, believing his apology, and thinking he'll never do it again, not related? True remorse is making sure you never do it again. Bynum will. Thats ok, but don't re-write history. This isn't about poor Bynum trying to gain acceptance in the big wide world. He's a thug who lashed out.

So you have never done something again after you apologized the first time? Really? What high horse did you ride in on?

People apologize and do the same shit over again even after meaning the original apology. I bet not one of us are free on sin in this regard.

So yes, I can accept his apology and be unconvinced that it won't happen again. Not everything is as black & white as you want to paint it as, but then again that usually happens when people try to make a failed argument.

But he's a "thug" because you've cast judgment on him and are set in your ways. No matter what, your mind won't change. You have your motivations and it's very clear. No amount of actual facts would ever matter. The fact that people do things out of character a few times doesn't come into play for you. You want him to be a "thug," so he will always be a "thug." We get it.

Sanjuro

Derwind said:
Not all on Miami, this is an elimination game for Boston.

You're right though, if Miami gives this up and allows the Celt's to back to Boston, then they're risking a game 7 on there hands back in Miami....

Either way, this game is going to be very telling....

Can't wait!
Well I mean overall. This Miami team was built to win a championship nothing less. The Celtics team was constructed in similar fashion, but obviously we are stitched together at the seams.

A Celtics loss would be very disappointing where Miami would be a failure.

DominoKid

Anybody have a pair of both the Kobe 6 and the Lebron 8?

I'm curious which one is better cause I need a primary game shoe. I give up trying to ball in Jordan's and I'm not trying to beat my Foamposites to shit.

Bread

Banned
We need a big game from Pierce and KG tonight, when they play well the game opens up for Ray and Rondo. Bring this shit back to Boston!

masud

Banned
YuriLowell said:
pimp is on realgm in the celtics board trying to say how thuggish everyone on the c's are.

I cant help but laugh.

Pimperex is a great poster and man and what he says is true, the Boston Celtics are thugs. They use treachery and violence to make up for their waning athleticism. Luckily we won’t be subjected to them for much longer.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Black Mamba said:
RIP Traylor. Damn, only 34. For some reason I thought he was much older, but he was drafted with Dirk (and traded for him).

better be back to pre-surgery levels.

Also owned up to not practicing which he believed hurt the team and players have complained about supposedly off the record as a big reason why they didn't shore up their problems. And said he thought he would be better next season with the knee surgery no longer an issue.
Kobe on Lakers being less motivated this season: "No doubt, but I think the biggest thing was the fatigue factor."
I guess Scooter and I both were right. I claimed they didn't give a shit, and he claimed they were fatigued.

friskykillface said:
Delonte was awesome last game but kinda struggled at the end

hopefully big baby doesn't shit the bed

Yeah thats not gonna happen.

Big Baby is gonna play 20 mins and have 6pts. Will also airball three times, and get stuffed once.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
So I saw on Twitter that Kurt Rambis did a radio interview out in LA where he said he'll be coaching the Wolves next season. Status quo! Status quo!

reilo said:
I guess Scooter and I both were right. I claimed they didn't give a shit, and he claimed they were fatigued.

hey, I've been claiming they're tired for months. But I wouldn't go as far to say they didn't give a shit. Just weren't as hungry as they needed to be. Kobe did cite fatigue is the biggest issue.

- Bryant identified fatigue as the biggest factor in L.A.’s fall: “It’s been a long run, a great run but a long run. I’m sure that had something to do with it. I think the biggest thing was the fatigue factor. Guys were tired. A lot of times when you get tired, you get burdened by things that you’re normally not burdened by. I love quoting Tex (Winter), who always used to say “Fatigue makes cowards of all men.” It’s definitely true.

These 6-8 weeks off will help for next season. Especially if Kobe will be able to practice, again.

Black Mamba said:
These 6-8 weeks off will help for next season. Especially if Kobe will be able to practice, again.
these extra 6-8 aint gonna do shit.
kobe will be older.
pau's vagina will only get wider in time.
who's gonna coach us to kobe's 6th?
shaw?
el
oh
el

KingGondo

Banned
How ironic that we're simultaneously mourning Tractor Traylor's death and debating the merits of various fast food chains.

America. Fuck yeah.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
"This 17 win team is done rebuilding, we have all the pieces."
David Kahn had a set of real quote really similar to that near the end of the season.

"I don't see the team needing a complete overhaul. Those days are behind us."
"We have some significant fine-tuning to do."

We've always been at war with Eastasia.

bionic77

reilo said:
They gave a shit, but you just don't make it to the Finals 4 times in a row. There is a reason no one has done it in the modern era. Unlike some players the Lakers at least tried to get back to the finals for the 4th time in a row instead of being cowards and retiring to play basketball or make bad underwear commercials (these are just the first examples that came to mind).

There is a point where mentally and physically you just break down. If Gasol gets back to his old level and Kobe can at least get back to the 2010 level the Lakers will be able to compete with anyone. And if we can upgrade Fisher and get something good in return for Bynum/Odom then the Lakers will be possibly the favorites again next year.

Blackface

Banned
SUPREME1 said:
Does the league know of this?

Edit: The weirdest part is that the the blow landed on Wallace appeared to have the least impact, but caused the most damage.

While Barrea and Bluntman were hit a lot harder and also had crash landings.

Go figure.

If you ever visit are ward for people who have been paralyzed, you will realize the world is cruel shitty place.

It's not the extreme sports guys flying 20 feet in the air and landing on their backs. It's the father of two, who was playing with his new puppy in the backyard and tripped on the watering hose.

KingGondo said:
How ironic that we're simultaneously mourning Tractor Traylor's death and debating the merits of various fast food chains.

America. Fuck yeah.

I was just thinking about that draft, where the Bucks wanted Traylor sooooooo bad they traded Dallas those two first-round picks to get him. And then Dallas picked some German kid named Dirk with the Bucks first pick, and Pat Garrity with the other one, who they delt to get Steve Nash.

Fuck, Donnie Nelson and Mark Cuban were BALLIN' that day!

Then, while I'm looking some stuff about the trade up, I heard the news on the Ticket. Weird.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Pristine_Condition said:
Cuban didn't take ownership of the team until January 2000. Donnie Nelson was an assistant coach at the time and not in the front office.

Blackface

Banned
The the Ontario Teachers pensions plan(people running it), are attempting to purchase TD bank's stake in MLSE. This would give them roughly an 80 percent stake in the Toronto Raptors.

The problem is they are blocking any type of moves to fix our front office. They are bitter nobody wants to buy their current stake, since it's just low enough not to be able to make any decisions alone. So they are essentially holding the teams hostage.

FUN TIMES.

Pristine_Condition said:
I was just thinking about that draft, where the Bucks wanted Traylor sooooooo bad they traded Dallas those two first-round picks to get him. And then Dallas picked some German kid named Dirk with the Bucks first pick, and Pat Garrity with the other one, who they delt to get Steve Nash.

Then, while I'm looking some stuff about the trade up, I heard the news on the Ticket. Weird.

And the draft pick they added to garrity to get Nash ended up being Shawn Marion.

Funny coincidences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom