• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That was kinda my point all along, that they are pretty much the same player with some minor differences, and Westbrook without the practice and the off court trouble.

I really don't remember too many times where AI routinely started off 1-9 and killed his team in spite of other stars not getting the ball or teams gameplanning around baiting him to shoot.

I'm curious if you even watched basketball back then.

I really don't remember too many times where AI routinely started off 1-9 and killed his team in spite of other stars not getting the ball or teams gameplanning around baiting him to shoot.

Conversly I remember AI going 4-13 in the 4th...ignoring wide open wings, and losing 101-89 a lot.

DY_nasty

He'd be beefing with Durant by game 10. AI was a destructive shooter PG. He is the blueprint for your boy YnB

Now we're talking about assumption. AI on his way out of Philly was playing PG and when he got to Denver, he was trying to facilitate more.

And if he was the blueprint, then YNB should do what everyone said and stop masquerading as a point guard. He's putting up 8 APG but still manages to look no more impressive running an offense than Felton. I don't even understand why people defend him when he can't go a single game without looking like dumbest player on the court for a least a full 12 minutes. Whereas AI or any big scorer surrounded by garbage has to be "selfish".
Conversly I remember AI going 4-13 in the 4th...ignoring wide open wings, and losing 101-89 a lot.

Did he have Durant and Harden to pass? lol

great players don't have problems passing to great players

Now we're talking about assumption. AI on his way out of Philly was playing PG and when he got to Denver, he was trying to facilitate more.

And if he was the blueprint, then YNB should do what everyone said and stop masquerading as a point guard. He's putting up 8 APG but still manages to look no more impressive running an offense than Felton. I don't even understand why people defend him when he can't go a single game without looking like dumbest player on the court for a least a full 12 minutes. Whereas AI or any big scorer surrounded by garbage has to be "selfish".

How would we know? Nobody else got to shoot in Philly ...

Meh....give me Isiah or Stockton over either any day. Hell give me Fat Lever over YnB today.

DY_nasty

How would we know? Nobody else got to shoot in Philly ...

Meh....give me Isiah or Stockton over either any day.

He was averaging 30 and 7 while no one on his team even cracked 1000 total points that year lol

Isiah and Stockton both played with hall of famers too

He was averaging 30 and 7 while no one on his team even cracked 1000 total points that year lol

Isiah and Stockton both played with hall of famers too

He also averaged what? 35 shots a game? Face it guy was never championship material.One of the original "it's all eyes on me" boys that ruined the late 90's-00's with selfish fuck the team mentalities.

So you go to the Cavaliers?
The whole cavs thing comes from like one sentence of LBJ saying he'd be open to return if the chance came . I'd actually like to see that if he doesn't reup.

That being said, 2014 could roll around with him being a 2 time champion and a chance at a threepeat. Way too soon to say anything.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Blake Griffin and the Clippers earned a 17th straight win, topping Utah. Will this streak end up as their high note of the season? Dime/Arnovitz »

lol. ESPN TWICE with the "is this too good to be true?" storyline for the Clippers in under a week. If this was the Lakers, or Celtics, or Heat? "Best team ever?"

DY_nasty

He also averaged what? 35 shots a game? Face it guy was never championship material.One of the original "it's all eyes on me" boys that ruined the late 90's-00's with selfish fuck the team mentalities.

That's like Kyrie isn't championship material

fucking duh

how many guys win solo? the closest was hakeem.

lol. ESPN TWICE with the "is this too good to be true?" storyline for the Clippers in under a week. If this was the Lakers, or Celtics, or Heat? "Best team ever?"

Well to be fair all three have had rings within the last few years...Clips gotta earn it before they burn it

reilo

In 2003 when he averaged a whopping 32PPG he had a TS% of 56.4% on 24FGA. In 2008 when Lebron averaged 30PPG? He had a TS% of 56.8%.

DY_nasty

Nobody wanted to play with him..

Kyrie is a kid...in 5 more years it'll be AI who? when it comes to comparisons.

This is where we notice a unique blend of talkingoutofass and "Billy King is the worst GM in the NBA behind David Kahn"

DY_nasty

That's why Philly hated Billy King.
Also Prime Shaq on them early lakers was pretty much one manning it.
AI never got to play with someone as good as Rick Fox on the offensive end until they got Korver and Iguodala lol
One season is bullshit. Check career averages

You check them. When he started getting talent on the roster, his numbers improved significantly - too bad he was already falling apart from carrying the franchise for a decade.

reilo

Lebron (2008): 116ORtg, 104DRtg, 10.7OWS
McGrady (2003): 116ORtg, 104DRtg, 13.2OWS

EDIT: Forgot Lebron averaged 31.4PPG in '06 -- where he had a lower TS% and ORtg than T-Mac.

AI never got to play with someone as good as Rick Fox on the offensive end until they got Korver and Iguodala lol

lol Rick Fox....I was a at a game where some nobody cav elbowed him in the face and he spent 10 minutes on the bench screaming "man my face my money" over and over again at the refs.

To this day that's the second more surreal moment I have ever seen at a game. #1 was bottlegate tied with James Harrison bodyslamming the shit out of a streaker.

reilo

One season is bullshit. Check career averages

Two seasons. You're the one that made the idiotic claim and I refuted it.

Is it any surprise that Lebron is more efficient on less usage and FGA? Especially considering that he has been 100% healthy this entire time?

Two seasons. You're the one that made the idiotic claim and I refuted it.

Is it any surprise that Lebron is more efficient on less usage and FGA? Especially considering that he has been 100% healthy this entire time?

We're not really going to compare AI and Lebron are we? Really?

linsivvi

Dude, I was watching basketball when my hero, Nick van Exel was jacking up shots after shots. AI and Westbrook are just more talented versions of my favorite player.

DY_nasty

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO
Bobcats official texts to deny team has put together "any sort of package" with Kings center DeMarcus Cousins in mind.
chotrickery

maybe we can still #savetrob

Dude, I was watching basketball when my hero, Nick van Exel was jacking up shots after shots. AI and Westbrook are just more talented versions of my favorite player.

A lot of the old Lakers fans here will flip shit over the comparisons between Nick and YNB. Not because YNB is a better player, but because YNB is probably the dumbest PG in the league.

charsace

Westbrook's value is in the constant pressure he puts on defenses with his aggressive slashing. I've said it before and I'll say it again, some guys wouldn't be as effective if defenders could put their arms on them to aid in their funneling. Getting rid of hand checking was one of the worst things ever. Shotcrook is smarter than people give him credit for because he takes full advantage of the rules. There are a decent amount of athlete guys that would be much better if they focused on ball handling, slashing to draw fouls, and free throw shooting.

Its about Cousins

Kemba
some guy
MKG
Cousins
Biz

get hype

1192835-hype___super.jpg

linsivvi

A lot of the old Lakers fans here will flip shit over the comparisons between Nick and YNB. Not because YNB is a better player, but because YNB is probably the dumbest PG in the league.

Nick was dumb as hell too. His Cancun chant during the playoffs was hilarious and I didn't care because there's no expectation for the Lakers to get anywhere. So I just enjoyed the ride and the drama.

Name the best player Iverson played with in Philly.

Fucking do it.

Ynb gets shit because he diesnt pass to Durant, who is top 3 in the league.

Iverson shot because he was surrounded by concentrated ass. Don't give me that bullshit..". He didn't find out if they could shoot". He passed the ball to guys when they didn't suck dick.

I swear you guys didn't watch those teams.
Shit got me heated.

h3ro

Knux, those black sixer jerseys were pretty dope.

That's pretty much all AI had going for him on those teams.

edit: oh and the court paint job with the balls flying onto the court was pretty cool too.

Name the best player Iverson played with in Philly.

Fucking do it.

Ynb gets shit because he diesnt pass to Durant, who is top 3 in the league.

Iverson shot because he was surrounded by concentrated ass. Don't give me that bullshit..". He didn't find out if they could shoot". He passed the ball to guys when they didn't suck dick.

I swear you guys didn't watch those teams.
Shit got me heated.

AI played with shit teammates because he was a pain in the ass to play with unless you were a defensive minded player that didn't mind shooting 3 times a game. He was hard as hell to build around because he was a 6'1 shooting guard that played no defense.

DY_nasty

realgm said:
DeMarcus Cousins returned from his indefinite suspension earlier than the team had expected.

Cousins arrived for a Christmas Eve practice.

"When he apologized to the team, two players stood up and said, 'We've heard this bull[bleep] before,'" the source said. "'You're either going to be with us, or you're not. We don't want to hear any more excuses.'"

The Kings have tried to persuade Cousins to enter counseling.
TRob trying to talk sense to him
5 minutes later no convincing him
Cousins to the Wizards o_O

he wants to play with Wall again

lol

turrible post.

Top Bottom