• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

Bynum will never be healthy tho.

I don't mind his attitude at all. I think that's overrated as most winners are weirdos rather than the choir boys we have had since Ai.

But dudes knees are shot

I dreamed of a Kemba-Shabazz-MKG-Cousins-Biyombo lineup last night. It was a good dream.

If we trade for Cousins we won't be in the running for Shabazz, but if we can keep either Biz or the Detroit pick I'd be ecstatic about it.

edit: I wouldn't be surprised at all if this whole story is a plant by Fegan though.

pilonv1

I can't imagine that the best deal for Cousins is Biyombo. There would be some GM falling overhimself to trade away a bunch of draft picks for him surely.

Not really. Stats don't show it but Deke got abused a lot that year.

Plus he wasn't that much of an option offensively... Which is what we often needed.

Your opinion might have been distorted by the Finals and the beating he took from Shaq. But year long, he was clearly an important asset. Your second argument does not convince me either since Snow was not much help offensively.

Vahagn

This Iverson bashing is just crazy. Dude is the second best player under 6'1 (Zeke) ever. He deserved at least one MVP just like Kobe deserved at least 3.

Also, Durant is the better scorer and the more efficient scorer. Those aren't the same thing, but he bests Bron in both categories. However, Lebron's better by a mile. I thought last season in May/June that Durant might leap frog him, but no. Not yet.

Also lol at people mentioning Tyson in the same sentence as scorer. People have lost their damn minds while talking basketball.

This Iverson bashing is just crazy. Dude is the second best player under 6'1 (Zeke) ever. He deserved at least one MVP just like Kobe deserved at least 3.

Also, Durant is the better scorer and the more efficient scorer. Those aren't the same thing, but he bests Bron in both categories. However, Lebron's better by a mile. I thought last season in May/June that Durant might leap frog him, but no. Not yet.

Also lol at people mentioning Tyson in the same sentence as scorer. People have lost their damn minds while talking basketball.

i

what have you done

The Clippers went 16-0 in December to join the 1995-96 San Antonio Spurs and 1971-72 Lakers as the only teams to go undefeated over a month. Their franchise-record winning streak is the longest since Boston won 19 in a row four years ago.

i think they are forgetting the bulls. no way they didn't have at least a month of being undefeated.

Vahagn

i

what have you done

You're talking about a guy with the third highest PPG average in history through like 13 seasons and 8 apg and a finals berth on teams that resembled CP3's best NOH teams in talent level and were far below these Clippers talent wise. CP3 is this season's MVP and all and might go down as the best player his size when he retires but 8 seasons in, you can't call CP3 above AI on the all time great scale.

CP3 has been out of the first round twice his entire career and out of the second round 0 times. He's got like 8 seasons under his belt and one of those seasons he was out most the year with a horrible injury. just hasn't done enough to warrant a better than AI discussion yet.

Your opinion might have been distorted by the Finals and the beating he took from Shaq. But year long, he was clearly an important asset. Your second argument does not convince me either since Snow was not much help offensively.

Defensively yeah Deke was great offensively no.

Snow was litterally the only other person that could get a shot by himself... And he didn't.

That's my point. Iverson carried that team offensively. They would have tied our own shit record with out him. So I'd say he was pretty valuable.

Shaq was gdlk. And if he had if won it, he would have deserved it but let's stop with the AI didn't deserve it shit.

It is garbage

Srsly

Banned
You're talking about a guy with the third highest PPG average in history through like 13 seasons and 8 apg and a finals berth on teams that resembled CP3's best NOH teams in talent level and were far below these Clippers talent wise. CP3 is this season's MVP and all and might go down as the best player his size when he retires but 8 seasons in, you can't call CP3 above AI on the all time great scale.

CP3 has been out of the first round twice his entire career and out of the second round 0 times. He's got like 8 seasons under his belt and one of those seasons he was out most the year with a horrible injury. just hasn't done enough to warrant a better than AI discussion yet.

lol

The San Antonio team that CP3 took to game 7 and almost defeated was much better than any team that AI ever defeated. In terms of efficiency, CP3's best seasons are signifigantly better than AI's best seasons. The only reason AI has had more playoff success (getting further into the playoffs) is because AI played in one of the weakest conferances ever (the early 2000s EC was an absolute joke, for the most part). CP3s best seasons have been spent competing in a stacked WC with David West as the second option.

considering DMC's agent is Dan Fegan that last rumor is probably 100% false as I doubt the same guy who helped move Dwight to LA would turn around to help the Magic

sorry Cats fans

The East was more of a joke than it is now when AI went to the finals. And he's some exponetial degree more inefficient at scoring than CP3.

CP3 is probably the most skilled pg ever. The fact that's he's still at this god tier above every other PG after an knee injury that took half his athleticism speaks to that. His discipline is just on another world.

Unless he gets the rings he won't surpass Zeke on the "greatness" scale but still.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Lol@ that expression after the hack. Refs out there preventing murders man.

Looks a lot worse than it is, imo. Jennings ran right into him and Chalmers lost his balance a little. They ran into each other a couple other times during the game, as well.

Dude was a cancer to his team, never saw a shot he didn't take, and played limited defense at best.

Anybody can get 20ppg when they shoot 25 times.

linsivvi

Dude was a cancer to his team, never saw a shot he didn't take, and played limited defense at best.

Anybody can get 20ppg when they shoot 25 times.

I wouldn't say anyone, but anybody athletically at the elite level should be able to do that.

That's why I find Dy's hate on Westbrook and love on Iverson very ironic.

Cipherr

Looks a lot worse than it is, imo. Jennings ran right into him and Chalmers lost his balance a little. They ran into each other a couple other times during the game, as well.

Still though, Jennings had a demeanor like he was about to hand Mario a quick fade. I laughed for a solid minute when I saw that.

Pimpwerx

PB2Cg.gif

Lol@ that expression after the hack. Refs out there preventing murders man.

Rio is a knucklehead. He'd have gotten in his face, and probably tried to start something. He thinks he's the best player on the team, he thinks he's an elite pg, and he probably thinks he could knockout Mike Tyson. One thing he doesn't lack for is confidence. LOL!

Nah. They were beefing earlier in the game, and Rio did that intentionally. He pretended he was going for the ball, but he was nowhere near it. He's been starting shit with lots of pgs this season. Probably butthurt from getting toasted so much this season. I still love the dude though. PEACE.

lebron_james_chris_paul.jpg

It's gonna be so funny when Bron opts out because Wade has dissolved into SuperMarioChalmers
Speaking of Wade, I'm glad that he's turned his game around. Sure he's losing his athletiscm but thankfully he's playing a lot smarter. I think he can keep up this level of play for a few more seasons, I mean I know it's wade and one more injury could probably do him but hopefully Riley has a backup ready.

Speaking of Wade, I'm glad that he's turned his game around. Sure he's losing his athletiscm but thankfully he's playing a lot smarter. I think he can keep up this level of play for a few more seasons, I mean I know it's wade and one more injury could probably do him but hopefully Riley has a backup ready.

He does have a back up, his name is Ray Allen, he ain't looking too hot. It'll be pretty much impossible to unload Wade once the time comes, and all those dudes have opt out clauses....Miami could easily go back to being a whogivesafuck franchise.

He does have a back up, his name is Ray Allen, he ain't looking too hot. It'll be pretty much impossible to unload Wade once the time comes, and all those dudes have opt out clauses....Miami could easily go back to being a whogivesafuck franchise.
No, im talking about in the future like 3 years from now. You're right that they all could leave Miami but hey, let's not hope the worst,right?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I wouldn't say anyone, but anybody athletically at the elite level should be able to do that.

That's why I find Dy's hate on Westbrook and love on Iverson very ironic.

Iverson was selfish out of necessity in the same way that any lone scorer is.

Westbrook is a fucking idiot and thinks its his job to outshine his teammates.

Put prime Iverson on OKC and he is Westbrook....

Iverson was selfish out of necessity in the same way that any lone scorer is.

Westbrook is a fucking idiot and thinks its his job to outshine his teammates.

Lol it feels like a chicken or the egg situation. Was AIs team built that way cause dude was selfish or was he selfish cause his team was built that way?

Either way AI was great and YNb needs to pass the fucking ball.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
The Sacramento Kings can be yours for the bargain price of half a billion dollars.
USA Today said:
The team's uncertain status in remaining in Sacramento could be causing a ripple effect here, as well. The Maloofs have long since targeted Cousins as the prized asset of their organization and have been extremely reluctant to trade him thus far. According to people with knowledge of the situation, the Maloofs continue to discuss their preferred option of relocation with several cities and have let it be known in all the appropriate circles that bidding for the unlikely sale of the club should begin at an astounding $500 million.

The last NBA sale, with the Memphis Grizzlies in October, went for a reported $377 million. Prior to that, the New Orleans Hornets reportedly were sold for $338 million. The Golden State Warriors were sold for a league-record $450 million in July 2010. But the Maloofs, who have consistently said they don't want to sell, are confident they could reach that $500 million figure because of the potential mobility of the franchise -- the Kings can get out of their lease at Sleep Train Arena at any time.

Lol it feels like a chicken or the egg situation. Was AIs team built that way cause dude was selfish or was he selfish cause his team was built that way?

Russel was passing the ball in that DAL game and that was why they won. Wonder if he noticed lol.

linsivvi

That was kinda my point all along, that they are pretty much the same player with some minor differences, and Westbrook without the practice and the off court trouble.

Top Bottom