• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

john-wall-doesnt-seem-thrilled-with-13-straight-losses.jpg

Puddles

Banned
the dagger three from Ray Allen was all on Gary Neal. he sagged off Allen and just kind of stood on the left elbow like an idiot. you deserve to lose the game when you give Ray Allen space @ the end

Yes, the last few Heat wins have admittedly all come down to a Ray Allen 3 pointer, and he's made all of them. It's kind of ridiculous. It sucks that the Heat will likely win the title because Ray Allen decided to betray the human race.

linsivvi

Yes, the last few Heat wins have admittedly all come down to a Ray Allen 3 pointer, and he's made all of them. It's kind of ridiculous. It sucks that the Heat will likely win the title because Ray Allen decided to betray the human race.

How can you say that as a Laker fan? Betraying the Celtics should be ok in your book. No matter how much you hate LeBron, Celtics hate should always come first.

mhi

Wang Zhi Zhi is better than Odom right now. The Clippers should have him back and ship Odom to China.

The best thing the Clippers can do right now is play Odom back into shape, because he is gonna determine how far they get in the playoffs.

linsivvi

The best thing the Clippers can do right now is play Odom back into shape, because he is gonna determine how far they get in the playoffs.

That's not gonna happen. Ask Mark Cuban how playing him back into shape worked out for them. Last season I still gave him the benefit of doubt, but he's in LA now so even that excuse won't fly. The guy is a lost cause.

He looks like he WANTS to hustle, but he only seems to do so sparingly. In the immortal words of Bart Simpson: "I can't promise that I'll try, but I'll try to try."

Evan Turner has worked on his jumper with the best shooting coaches in the world...every offseason.

jus sayin

Pretty much, it doesn't matter who's coaching you if you're not willing to put in the time. Improving your jumpshot takes years of consistent dedication. It's not something you can noticeably improve in a short time.

Jesus Christ. I couldn't imagine spending $2000 to watch a regular season NBA game.

im guessing they are priced that high as a kind of disincentive for regular people to buy them. that kind of money is a afterthought for celebs and those are the kind of people wanted courtside at Laker games. not sure what its like for Clipper games tho. youd think theyd offer a discount deal for anyone seated next to donald sterling.

I think the issue is less about Pop not playing his guys and more about sending them home for no apparent reason. I mean, at least sit them on the bench, even if they aren't going to play.

Still, Stern should fucking know better. It's not his team, it's Pop's, and if he wants to rest players before a game that actually matters rather than a game against the golden goose that is the Heat then that's his call.

Although I find it hilarious that the Spurs still almost beat them still.

Omega

Banned
Pop should have the right to sit his players out if he wants. He's the coach, and if wants to sit his players out one game and risk a loss then let him.

It's not like this resulted in a blowout loss of epic proportions and wasted everyone's time. People still got to see an enjoyable, close game.

The only people this hurts are the Spurs and people who had any of those four players on their fantasy teams.

Screw stern. How about you dont make such a shit schedule? Pop dod nothing wrong.

Also its one thing if it was a spurs home game but it wasnt. Throwing a shit fit for something like this is dumb.

Jeff van gundy made some great points too about all this.

linsivvi

Screw stern. How about you dont make such a shit schedule? Pop dod nothing wrong.

Also its one thing if it was a spurs home game but it wasnt. Throwing a shit fit for something like this is dumb.

Jeff van gundy made some great points too about all this.

JVG is the ringleader of the anti-Stern coalition, along with Mark Cuban. I bet he'll seriously consider coaching again once Stern retires after 2014.

Evan Turner has worked on his jumper with the best shooting coaches in the world...every offseason.

jus sayin

Your boy is getting better. Not saying to have all the hope in the world...but he's shooting good from deep right now. The percentage is just below average shooting wise.

Guys can get better at shooting. They won't turn into world beaters, but they can become good enough to allow the other parts of their game to be more effective.

And Wall wasn't and isn't Rondo bad in terms of shooting. He shoots .76 and .78 percent from FT. Rondo has literally never shot above 65% from FT his entire career. And as a rookie coming from Caliparis fucking get me drafted system and AAU ball he shot .30 from deep as a rook...that's like a percentage point below Rondo and Wades best ever 3pt %.

His sophmore year was an outlier. He literally took the 3pt shot out of his game completely. Someone told him not to shoot those. Maybe Flip. His percentage is bad because he literally shot 3's when there was maybe a second left on the shotclock and he had no choice.

I see Wall being a Wade tier shooter in the future, which is just good enough to keep defenders/defenses honest.

Omega

Banned
They know they just got trounced by Detroit, right?

that's probably why they're doing it, because no one is gonna wanna go to a game anymore.

I always wondered about these things. Those infomercials do it as well. When they say "if you don't like it send it back no questions asked!"

How does a company handle that? There has to be plenty of people out there that are just going to go to the game and whether they have "fun" or not, are going to claim otherwise to get their money back

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Unless stern is now directly an owner with his own personal money, i don't think you could be more wrong.

But it's been written about to death.
This is fairly broken logic

First of all it is his job to help direct the NBA

Also actions like that affect NBA revenues directly

It's not like I personally think Pop should never rest his players but I am certain there was a message to his actions.

Granted NBA scheduling does suck and all that

shira

The schedule is done by one guy and trust me he has A LOT of stuff to work around. Other events already scheduled at stadium, distance, TV contracts, holidays, etc.

I'm sure he just plugs it into a computer.
It's not like he is calling Staples Center for updates on availability.

giri

This is fairly broken logic

First of all it is his job to help direct the NBA

Also actions like that affect NBA revenues directly

It's not like I personally think Pop should never rest his players but I am certain there was a message to his actions.

Granted NBA scheduling does suck and all that

He broke no NBA rules

It's a sanctioned OK'd league approved method

He's there to win chips.

The only argument is it sucks for the fans on the day, but Spurs fans want chips and miami fans saw their full stars.

The broken logic is anyone thinking or even partially defending stern fining anyone for doing something he's entirely legally allowed to do. Or even threatening anyone over it.

Again, the SI artcle on it summed it up extremely well. Even the "money" parts of it.

But if you want to take it a step further. TNT should have been extremely pissed off that they got THIS game in the first place. This wasn't a marquee match up. It was a set up. If this forces the NBA to schedule their marquee games a lot better, and for the TV stations to demand that the NBA schedule them better, then Pop has just caused a massive revolution that will generate MORE income and made the entire game better.

But of course, won't somebody think of the children.

Seriously, read the SI article if you haven't. It pretty much covers it.

just read the most salty, dog whistle sports article ive seen a minute on Colin Kaepernick's ink. without a doubt these are kind of people Stern had in his minds eye when he was giving the league its post 90s makeover, lol.

slippery slope for stern.
what next?
him governing the starting lineup?
why stop there?, you say?
he should also govern how many minutes star players should play on national televised games.

Blackace

He broke no NBA rules

It's a sanctioned OK'd league approved method

He's there to win chips.

The only argument is it sucks for the fans on the day, but Spurs fans want chips and miami fans saw their full stars.

The broken logic is anyone thinking or even partially defending stern fining anyone for doing something he's entirely legally allowed to do. Or even threatening anyone over it.

Again, the SI artcle on it summed it up extremely well. Even the "money" parts of it.

But if you want to take it a step further. TNT should have been extremely pissed off that they got THIS game in the first place. This wasn't a marquee match up. It was a set up. If this forces the NBA to schedule their marquee games a lot better, and for the TV stations to demand that the NBA schedule them better, then Pop has just caused a massive revolution that will generate MORE income and made the entire game better.

But of course, won't somebody think of the children.

Seriously, read the SI article if you haven't. It pretty much covers it.

I agree the scheduling needs to be better but if you can schedule your practices and what not to the NBA schedule as it is you can schedule your rest dates to national televised games

Read it and my opinion was formed from it

Stern has ultimate power to do what he wants

Change the ball? Why not!

Make a dress code ? Sure thing!

Move the 3pt line? Yolo!

I just think there were better ways to handle it on both sides

But Pop is far from a helpless victim

But sure SI will tell you otherwise While you think of the kids

Blackace

slippery slope for stern.
what next?
him governing the starting lineup?
why stop there?, you say?
he should also govern how many minutes star players should play on national televised games.
Already tells you who to trade and what to wear

just read the most salty, dog whistle sports article ive seen a minute on Colin Kaepernick's ink. without a doubt these are kind of people Stern had in his minds eye when he was giving the league its post 90s makeover, lol.

Just read that article, lulz what a racist cunt that guy is.

Moreover, it must blow that guys mind that Dwight Howard has no tattoos and he's arguably the most loathsome person in the NBA.

giri

I agree the scheduling needs to be better but if you can schedule your practices and what not to the NBA schedule as it is you can schedule your rest dates to national televised games

Stern has ultimate power to do what he wants

He did, he scheduled his rest and recovery. It just conflicted. He sided with the players.

And no, he doesn't. He has to play by rules too. It's people giving him creedo otherwise that makes it seem like he does. But he doesn't.

I also aint saying that pops presser on the topic, wasn't him being a little childish. But i personally highly doubt pop would let that affect his professional decision.

And i guess thats where the split is. Whether you think pop did it to slight the NBA, or for his Players.

Its pop, i'll take his side on it.

Blackace

He did, he scheduled his rest and recovery. It just conflicted. He sided with the players.

And no, he doesn't. He has to play by rules too. It's people giving him creedo otherwise that makes it seem like he does. But he doesn't.

I also aint saying that pops presser on the topic, wasn't him being a little childish. But i personally highly doubt pop would let that affect his professional decision.

And i guess thats where the split is. Whether you think pop did it to slight the NBA, or for his Players.

Its pop, i'll take his side on it.

Actually Stern has close to ultimate power and there isn't much to dispute that

He changed the ball because his wife said leather was bad

As for Pop he is a political creature

He stands by his players but he knew what he was doing from the start

Truth.

EDIT: Just found some 3rd row baseline (fucking BASELINE) tickets for this game @ $127.

Those tickets are $2000 (a seat) tickets @ Staples.

I know cause some I know has two baseline tickets there, 5 rows back.
My friend's boss has season tickets court side for Lakers and Clipper games.

That was every bit the article I expect from Adrian Wojnarowski. As far as how true it is, about as much as his other hit pieces, I guess. Just know where he gets his information from (Agents!).

every other article of his reads like the second act of a super dramatic play. great writer tho.

You can't argue that

He had a game against Orlando the night before

And decided to sit all 3 against the Heat?

So he should have rested them against a garbage lottery team in order for them to play hard in a meaningless regular season game against one of the best and most physical teams in the league and risk injury? Think before you talk.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So he should have rested them against a garbage lottery team in order for them to play hard in a meaningless regular season game against one of the best and most physical teams in the league and risk injury? Think before you talk.

Yes?

None of those guys played 30 minutes against Orlando. Pop could have not played them at all and they would have won.

Blackace

That was every bit the article I expect from Adrian Wojnarowski. As far as how true it is, about as much as his other hit pieces, I guess. Just know where he gets his information from (Agents!).
I love how people forget how dirty of a player Bruce Bowen was if Stu called him and told him to stop being a dirty fuck cant say I feel ashamed of it

Blackace

Uh yeah?

They should duck every good team?

Glad you thought that one out pa

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
People need to remember that the owner of the Spurs, Peter Holt, is CHAIRMAN (an elected position) of the Board of Governors. Which means, first and foremost, Stern answers to him and then the rest of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom