• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Smith getting the greenlight from Mike D to shoot long Js would drive me insane.

Smoove/D12 frontcourt would be amazing otherwise.

Basically this in its entirety.

No different than MWP

At least now they would have a male PF

D'antoni was on the radio this morning talking about Pau. I wouldn't say it was a glowing review with regards to how he fits in his system. I could be wrong, but it seems like if the Lakers did anything that involved moving Pau, it would be for a person who can spread the floor a little more.

pilonv1

i'd do this.

Erh6M.png

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Basically this in its entirety.

D'antoni was on the radio this morning talking about Pau. I wouldn't say it was a glowing review with regards to how he fits in his system. I could be wrong, but it seems like if the Lakers did anything that involved moving Pau, it would be for a person who can spread the floor a little more.

Mike D likes athletic players
Spreading the floor with speed as well as shooting

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Cloudy

Banned
Collison looking sharp off the bench. He's been killing my fantasy team for weeks. Not sure they should bog Mayo down with running the offense though

Mike D likes athletic players
Spreading the floor with speed as well as shooting

Don't get me wrong, I think he would work better in the D'antoni system than Pau simply because of his speed and ability to run the floor better. That doesn't mean I wouldn't rather get a shooter out of a trade involving Pau though. I think Hill has proven well enough that he can be a solid big off the bench too.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Don't get me wrong, I think he would work better in the D'antoni system than Pau simply because of his speed and ability to run the floor better. That doesn't mean I wouldn't rather get a shooter out of a trade involving Pau though. I think Hill has proven well enough that he can be a solid big off the bench too.
Aren't too many shooters who give near equal value for Pau

Vahagn

1. Kobe and Jordan got to the spots on the floor they wanted to. Well..Kobe didn't care where he was, he was gonna chuck up from anywhere..

2. Dirk says hi? The Dirk that didn't do shit in his entire career and settled for jump shots for the first 8 years of his career until he developed a post game and took the shots he wanted?

Yeah let's compare them to Melo, a guy who will take a 20 foot jumper he's not comfortable with because Glen Davis or some other bum is guarding him.

I'm not saying that driving to the rim or posting up players is a bad idea. Far from it. I'm simply refuting your incorrect notion that "a team is going nowhere when a star player settled for jump shots". That's just not true.

Many championships have been won by teams with a star player who shot jump shots for more than 50% of their total shot attempts. Dirk, Kobe, Jordan 96-98 come to mind. You're probably thinking of how relentlessly Lebron attacked the rim during last years finals, but go back to every game in the EC playoffs where the Heat needed a win and he came through...most of those were jump shooting exhibitions (Game 6 against Boston comes to mind).

I would much rather have a guy who's near automatic on his jump shot (because it's a shot you can get off at ANY TIME) then I would have a low post back to the basket player as my primary superstar. I don't think you win with low post back to the basket alpha dogs anymore in this league. Swarming defense and collapsing on the paint leads to open jump shots, and I want a guy who can hit those consistently. So Melo's jump shooting isn't Melo's problem, his overall basketball IQ is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom