• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Lin playing well lol

YOU MONSTER

eddie+mush1.jpg

motherfucker never had a shot

Look at the power he has...

Vahagn

I've said this before. The only low post back to the basket PF who's won multiple chips as the alpha dog is Timmy.

Centers are more prevalent but even then, Shaq was the last one, before that Hakeem, before that Kareem...so we're talking all time greats going back 30+ years.

Wade, Kobe, Jordan, Magic, Bird, Isiah are the Alpha Dogs who have won multiple chips and even the one time winners of late - Billups, Bron, Pierce/KG, Dirk weren't back to the basket guys.

And when you look at all the top players in the league today, the only pure back to the basket Big you would wanna build around for a chance to win a chip is Dwight...and even then, most of the elite Guards/Wings would probably get you a better chance to win a chip for various reasons.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I've said this before. The only low post back to the basket PF who's won multiple chips as the alpha dog is Timmy.

Centers are more prevalent but even then, Shaq was the last one, before that Hakeem, before that Kareem...so we're talking all time greats going back 30+ years.

Wade, Kobe, Jordan, Magic, Bird, Isiah are the Alpha Dogs who have won multiple chips and even the one time winners of late - Billups, Bron, Pierce/KG, Dirk weren't back to the basket guys.

And when you look at all the top players in the league today, the only pure back to the basket Big you would wanna build around for a chance to win a chip is Dwight...and even then, most of the elite Guards/Wings would probably get you a better chance to win a chip for various reasons.

So you sub group PF and C but wings all get clumped together?

ROFL

Lakers Pistons Celtics teams were stacked

The Bad Boys were built on mismatches not having the best player

Magic played with Kareem most his career

Don't know how Kobe is talked in your statement but Shaq is way back then

Dirk? Is a great post but you want to call because he can shoot

Timmy basically is why teams draft big men before wings

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cxnvtka

Who says no?

Nene, Iggy, Gallo to LAL
Millsap, Ariza, Gasol , Jordan Crawford to Denver
Faried and Mozgov to Utah
World Peace and Steve Blake to the Wizards

Trade machine shows the Nuggets as the only losers, but its not like they have a chance at doing jack shit right now anyway, and I don't see how they don't improve...Iggys defense is slightly offset by RZA's defense, and offensively you're gaining more than you're losing with Crawford, Gasol and Millsap.

Faried/Favors combo in Utah.

As for the Lakers--Gallo starts at the 4 with Iggy at the 3. If they have to go big bring in Nene, who can be healthy enough to be present for the rare times that small ball isn't working.

Wiz get rid of Nenes contract and Steve Blakes a local guy. Artest probably kills someone or gets locked up in DC, but whatever.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cxnvtka

Who says no?

Nene, Iggy, Gallo to LAL
Millsap, Ariza, Gasol , Jordan Crawford to Denver
Faried and Mozgov to Utah
World Peace and Steve Blake to the Wizards

Trade machine shows the Nuggets as the only losers, but its not like they have a chance at doing jack shit right now anyway, and I don't see how they don't improve...Iggys defense is slightly offset by RZA's defense, and offensively you're gaining more than you're losing with Crawford, Gasol and Millsap.

Faried/Favors combo in Utah.

As for the Lakers--Gallo starts at the 4 with Iggy at the 3. If they have to go big bring in Nene, who can be healthy enough to be present for the rare times that small ball isn't working.

Wiz get rid of Nenes contract and Steve Blakes a local guy. Artest probably kills someone or gets locked up in DC, but whatever.

Don't the Nuggets have a better record than all the teams but Utah?

Yeah...

Vahagn

So you sub group PF and C but wings all get clumped together?

ROFL

Lakers Pistons Celtics teams were stacked

The Bad Boys were built on mismatches not having the best player

Magic played with Kareem most his career

Don't know how Kobe is talked in your statement but Shaq is way back then

Dirk? Is a great post but you want to call because he can shoot

Timmy basically is why teams draft big men before wings

It's not about PF or C as much as back to the basket player vs perimeter player. Hakeem could shoot, so could Timmy, but they were more back to the basket than Dirk or Love or any of the guards.

And it's about showing that in Today's NBA, you're better off building around one of the elite perimeter players, then you are building around elite back to the basket guys. Mentioning Timmy (Best PF ever), Shaq, Hakeem and Kareem is just to show that there is no one like them anymore and that for now, that era is gone. There may come a time where 7 of the 10 best players in the league are back to the basket bigs, but for now, the majority of the best players are perimeter players or bigs that play perimeter oriented games (Love, Dirk, etc.)

That's the point I was trying to make...and plenty alpha dog superstars players have won championships relying on their jump shooting for a majority of their shot attempts.

And by the way, this isn't an accident. The Showtime Lakers only shot 100 threes a season usually. Hakeem/Kareem/Timmy used to be much better FT shooters than Dwight if I'm not mistaken. And teams shoot a lot more threes and hack a lot more low post players near the rim. The game has changed to a more perimeter oriented style.

Now don't get me wrong, the Triangle offense is my favorite offense and it's all about post ups, but the triangle works best when you have perimeter players that can make the elbow jumper and players that can make open jumpshots when the low post gets doubled.

While I'm sure the Nuggets would love to have a go-to guy again, I don't see Pau being that guy. He's a good second option even at his age, but he's not what the Nuggets really need right now. Given that, I don't see the Nuggets wanting to blow up their team yet again. If anything, I could see them trying to trade some of their pieces for a high draft pick if they don't make it to the second round of the playoffs this year.

Cloudy

Banned
Rockets offense is strange. Lowry should be dominating the ball but he's a bystander out there. Kind of like Nash under Mike Brown

I hope Ross pans out. I was getting a little worried when he wasn't getting run early on, but I think it may just be Casey's weird rotations.

This is like the quintessential "good" Bargnani game. Shooting well but on pace to finish with only 6 boards, and his team down by 10.

I really like Lowry, he is a good player, but he thinks he is the second coming of Jesus or something, if he just realizes that basketball is a 5v5 sport, The Raptors may win a few more this season.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lin outplaying Lowry haha :D

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I seriously thought this Cavs roster could win 35 games this season. This is going to be a depressing year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom