• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Wtf Babbitt, that was a 30-footer. And he made it?

If I was a Jazz fan, I'd dub him the Translucent Mamba.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Flynn? lol.
L.M.A will be dominant if he keeps working on his inside game. Right now he simply creates space and fakes then usually fades away if there's nothing there.

You see the truth.

I've never seen a guy with LMA's body take as many jumpers and shots where he's falling away. Its incredibly irritating.

Kobe with 2 god awful passes that turned into 4 warriors points. end of last quarter and here now.

Come on Kobe, no need for this shit.

You see the truth.

I've never seen a guy with LMA's body take as many jumpers and shots where he's falling away. Its incredibly irritating.

Sheed?

Babbitt with a 28 footer. FUCK.

ilDnQONkx54Yw.gif

Canuck76

Banned
Flynn? lol.

You see the truth.

He usually makes a lot of them though. But some nights he'll be cold and not. I don't know if someone has to slap him in the face NFL style to get him aggressive but he occasionally will bang. Hopefully he'll work on that this offseason

DY_nasty

He usually makes a lot of them though. But some nights he'll be cold and not. I don't know if someone has to slap him in the face NFL style to get him aggressive but he occasionally will bang. Hopefully he'll work on that this offseason

My biggest issue with him is that it takes others to get him going. Its almost like he only uses his body in self-defense or some shit. He rarely takes it to other guys looking to set a tone or pace in the paint.

Its odd because he does a lot of things impeccably well. Its just that he has the mentality of an undersized player which is just... disturbing. He does well in spite of that huge flaw, but its what keeps him from being a true "its my team, i got this" kind of player (at least on a good team).

Hell, even Bosh would take it at guys back in Toronto. LMA just... I thought he was just a pussy before, but he's got issues.

Kevtones

Crawford is 30% shooter unless he has 4 hands in his face and falling away from 20 feet with the shot clock expiring. Then he becomes Jeff Hornacek at FT line.

DY_nasty

He's playing with confidence now that Nate isn't is coach. Nate destroys most young players confidence and doesn't like any pg that doesn't play the game the way he played it.

Tanking makes Derrick Brown look like a serviceable player.

Kobe is playing within the team, tonight. Thankfully. Even a couple bad passes but the decision to pass was at least there.

Please keep playing like this, Kobe.

Every fucking time Lakers push the lead, a Warrior hits a tough shot. good god.

reilo

I would never compare Sheed to LMA.

One took asshole 3s. The other is struggling to realize he's not Channing Frye.

Eh? Sheed patented the post-up, fadeaway jumpshot because of his high release. He did that throughout his entire career.

Canuck76

Banned
My biggest issue with him is that it takes others to get him going. Its almost like he only uses his body in self-defense or some shit. He rarely takes it to other guys looking to set a tone or pace in the paint.

Its odd because he does a lot of things impeccably well. Its just that he has the mentality of an undersized player which is just... disturbing. He does well in spite of that huge flaw, but its what keeps him from being a true "its my team, i got this" kind of player (at least on a good team).

Hell, even Bosh would take it at guys back in Toronto. LMA just... I thought he was just a pussy before, but he's got issues.

Well he will bang on guys hard to create space, but then he just sort of fakes them out, into a jumpshot usually a fadeaway, rarely a face up jumpshot. Watching some duncan postups he'll face up and then fake you out then, jumpshot or dribble drive. Either way a high percentage shot.

I want L.M.A to do more of that. It's great that his fadeaway will drop a lot of the time but that should be used as like a 3rd option when the clock's winding down.

Cloudy

Banned
Kobe is playing within the team, tonight. Thankfully. Even a couple bad passes but the decision to pass was at least there.

Please keep playing like this, Kobe.

The main difference between Kobe tonight and the previous 2 games is that he is being featured and every other play is not a dump-in to Bynum to start (then Kobe gets it late in the clock or at the 3pt line). The bigs need to play off Kobe and Ramon not the other way around if we are going to do anything in the playoffs.

reilo

Love undercuts LaMarcus on an alley-oop and no foul? Come the fuck on.

The main difference between Kobe tonight and the previous 2 games is that he is being featured and every other play is not a dump-in to Bynum to start (then Kobe gets it late in the clock or at the 3pt line). The bigs need to play off Kobe and Ramon not the other way around if we are going to do anything in the playoffs.

No, the difference is he's willingly working off the ball, coming off cuts.

And when he's doubled, he's passing. And paying attention to cutters. Nothing to do with Bynum. He played like this tonight with Drew and Pau in, too.

Lakers can't push this lead up big...argh

DY_nasty

Eh? Sheed patented the post-up, fadeaway jumpshot because of his high release. He did that throughout his entire career.

There's a distinct difference in Sheed's game and LMA's...

reilo

There's a distinct difference in Sheed's game and LMA's...

Yeah, Sheed publicly and visibly said "don't pass me the ball, I'm not a number one option, 19/8 is my ceiling".

People really give Sheed a ton of slack for some of the shit he pulled. He's easily one of the most disappointing talents the past 20 years. He should have been a 22/10 guy, and with his defense only Duncan would have been able to compete.

Cloudy

Banned
No, the difference is he's willingly working off the ball, coming off cuts.

And when he's doubled, he's passing. And paying attention to cutters. Nothing to do with Bynum. He played like this tonight with Drew and Pau in, too.

BS. Kobe was bricking open and single-guarded shots the last 2 games. It wasn't about double teams. It was more about too many 3s (cos that is what he becomes as a 3rd option) and shots off his sweet spots.

I will say this though. Kobe plays impatient (hence the 3s) when he's not being featured and that can't be good. Bynum should be scoring off lobs and putbacks moreso than postups (Leave that to Pau cos he will actually pass out of the paint)

It is quite clear to me that the offense is better with only one of the bigs scoring a lot

BS. Kobe was bricking open and single-guarded the shots the last 2 games. It wasn't about double teams. It was more about too many 3s and shots off his sweet spots.

I will say this though. Kobe plays impatient when he's not being featured and that can't be good. Bynum should be scoring off lobs and putbacks moreso than postups (Leave that to Pau cos he will pass out of the paint)

the double teams were when he was turning it over on the dribble.

McBobs had a clean block there. Was a great one.

Murphy and Kobe with 3s here!

Brandon Rush got blocked 3 plays in a row, lol.

Metta airballed a layup :(

Ramon 2nd unit now to push lead brown. Do it. DO IT YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE.

Canuck76

Banned
Man if we could somehow steal Rondo next season with our lower 1st round pick this team would be awesome. Hickson does complement L.M.A nicely.

Blake you moron, ran the wrong direction.

Back to 7 just like that. 9-2 in 90 seconds. Le sigh. Fucking hate the Blake-Peace-Barnes lineup so much.

Delonte is the only whitey in the league with any real hops.

McBobs?

Top Bottom