• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

tumblr_lk8j6qmj7K1qzu5wc.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
And how many raw as fuck bigs actually devevelop that NBA ready offense? Shump isn't a point but he can play it in spots like he did tonight. He's better at the 2 or 3 and he has above average handle and play making ability at both those positions. Plus he has good form and can shoot ft's, he's gonna be a decent shooter eventually. He's already shown improvement during the season. Biyombo is a good young player but so is Shump and I'd take him at this point.

To anyone watching (admittedly very few), Biyombo has shown more improvement over the course of the season than any other rookie, guard or big, in the league. Shump is a more active Chris Singleton - that just happens to play in NY.

And project bigs? You make it sound like the 90s wasn't full of them. Good ones too. But sure. whynot

Its not like project wings and guards are more likely to succeed/stay in the league... oh wai

DY_nasty

Cole Train can't even get off HeatBench™ anymore.......

He better got accustomed to those seats.

He's a skilled PG.

He's just a fucking clown. It was only a matter of time before his shit stopped cute...

People thought he could play PG for the same reason they thought Reddick could play PG.

They didn't know what the hell they were talking about.

People really have a weird fascination for projecting players to positions that they have no ability to play. Not sure what that's really about.

DY_nasty

People really have a weird fascination for projecting players to positions that they have no ability to play. Not sure what that's really about.

Put Kemba at the 3. He's too fast for anyone at that position to guard! Unlimited scoring opportunities!

Because players being able to play other positions to a mediocre level means if you have a team full of them you will win a lot of games.

right?

fuck

Emwitus

you see lakers, you see how avery never goes under the bloody screen and boston aren't switching? That's how you're supposed to freaking play.

masud

Banned
To anyone watching (admittedly very few), Biyombo has shown more improvement over the course of the season than any other rookie, guard or big, in the league. Shump is a more active Chris Singleton - that just happens to play in NY.

And project bigs? You make it sound like the 90s wasn't full of them. Good ones too. But sure. whynot

Its not like project wings and guards are more likely to succeed/stay in the league... oh wai

But Shump isn't a project he just has room for improvement. He already consistently gets baskets in NBA games. Biyombo has 'shown more improvement over the course of the season than any other rookie' but he still averages 4.8 ppg...

edit: Yes he's not a pg but guess what? He's 6'5! He doesn't have to be a pg!

DY_nasty

But Shump isn't a project he just has room for improvement. He already consistently gets baskets in NBA games. Biyombo has 'shown more improvement over the course of the season than any other rookie' but he still averages 4.8 ppg...
4.8 ppg?

like i gives a fuck

he wasn't even supposed to be here, or ready to play, but he's already proven that he's capable of being one of the top man up defenders of his position in the league and he's not even 20. we already won with biyombo. it was established - then we resumed our regularly scheduled tank job

shump? still not definitively better than chris singleton - which i've never seen anyone even try to dispute because a) knicks fans rival lakers-age when it comes to talking up anyone with even a hint of potential b) no one looks for singleton, or washington games in particular c) shump jumps higher.
edit: Yes he's not a pg but guess what? He's 6'5! He doesn't have to be a pg!
Duh

That misses the point of all the post-draft talk of Shump somehow being able to run the point when he can't even put the ball on the floor 3 times in a row without looking dumb as shit. Him playing in one of the most spaced out offenses really helps him out.

charsace

4.8 ppg?

like i gives a fuck

he wasn't even supposed to be here, or ready to play, but he's already proven that he's capable of being one of the top man up defenders of his position in the league and he's not even 20. we already won with biyombo. it was established - then we resumed our regularly scheduled tank job

shump? still not definitively better than chris singleton - which i've never seen anyone even try to dispute because a) knicks fans rival lakers-age when it comes to talking up anyone with even a hint of potential b) no one looks for singleton, or washington games in particular c) shump jumps higher.
Duh

That misses the point of all the post-draft talk of Shump somehow being able to run the point when he can't even put the ball on the floor 3 times in a row without looking dumb as shit. Him playing in one of the most spaced out offenses really helps him out.

Shut up with your bitching. Singleton sucks. He brings nothing to the table. Average defender and gives nothing on offense.

Stop this nonsense dy because I'm tired of reading this shit. Next topic please.

DY_nasty

Shut up with your bitching. Singleton sucks. He brings nothing to the table. Average defender and gives nothing on offense.

Stop this nonsense dy because I'm tired of reading this shit. Next topic please.
end yourself chars

Shump - brings nothing to the offense other than being able to jump high. and shoot the prettiest broken ass jumper since john wall.

end yourself slow

masud

Banned
4.8 ppg?

like i gives a fuck

Duh

Oh I'm sorry I thought we were comparing players. You can't just not give a fuck about the fact that your boy averages 2 baskets a game when we're comparing him to someone that can actualy play on both sides of the court.

And the fact that you compare Singleton to Shump shows you haven't watched Shump play much. He had 6 assists tonight, Singleton is not doing that.

DY_nasty

Oh I'm sorry I thought we were comparing players. You can't just not give a fuck about the fact that your boy averages 2 baskets a game when we're comparing him to someone that can actualy play on both sides of the court.

And the fact that you compare Singleton to Shump shows you haven't watched Shump play much. He had 6 assists tonight, Singleton is not doing that.

6 assists from Shump is like 6 assists from Kemba. They mean almost less than nothing.

And I'm not comparing Biyombo, god center, to Shump - one of the most inefficient guards in the league. Redux called him a bust and Shump the 2nd best rookie in the league.

Short term memory is a good thing to have I guess.

charsace

end yourself chars

Shump - brings nothing to the offense other than being able to jump high. and shoot the prettiest broken ass jumper since john wall.

end yourself slow

Not before I go green and bitch slap your head off your shoulders. Jelly like motherfucker is what you are. You know you had the cookie monster face going after melo hit that shot. Hell, your eyes are probably still facing in different directions.

There is no argument to win by knocking Iman.

Fun to watch, and his having a decent rookie year. Knicks are 12-3 under Woodson, so his plusminus should be decen

10ppg 3rpg 3apg 2stl. Who mad?

DY_nasty

Biyombo shoots less than 50% from the field? How is that possible? Souldn't he only be dunking?
you make it sound like the bobcats don't run the exact same 3 plays over and over for 48 minutes

its why we score in the 1st quarter, then never shoot above 45% for the rest of the game.
Not before I go green and bitch slap your head off your shoulders. Jelly like motherfucker is what you are. You know you had the cookie monster face going after melo hit that shot. Hell, your eyes are probably still facing in different directions.
why would i watch a knicks game if clyde ain't calling it?

Alrix

Haven't seen a lot of Biyombo or Singleton. Shumpert does shoot inefficiently but he has come up big in some big games this year. He needs to work on his jump shot (it's gotten better) and he has had some great drives but screws up finishes. Dude has great potential. No question he's one of the top rookies to come out of the last draft.

Glad Pop decided to give Blair rest today.

Hes the only Spur to play all 50 games so he deserves it. Besides, I'd like to see how Diaw handles the Jazz's bigs.

Top Bottom