• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think you're going too overboard on the shumps correction. He's got offensive upside, but i don't think woodson is the guy that will correct him and sure his offensive side up.

I'm sorry that I can't draw a distinction between him and Shannon Brown.

Mothman91

Last game of the season, right?

I hope its a 8th seed or bust type game. I'd love to see the lolcats embarrass the Knicks one last time for the road.

What happens if it's also the type of game where the Wiz are .5 game below you guys for worst record. Would you still tank it or win and let the Knicks tears flow?

DY_nasty

What happens if it's also the type of game where the Wiz are .5 game below you guys for worst record. Would you still tank it or win and let the Knicks tears flow?
Yes.

Only because we've already clinched the most balls

SamuraiX-

5 point swing right there. Could've been a 9 point game, instead it's a 14.

I hate that Jimmer doesn't get hot. He could hit two 3s in a row, then miss the next 10.

Puddles

Banned
Looks like I'm going to lose to Vancouver Grizzlies. Still, it was a good season. I got an all-white fantasy basketball team to the second round of the playoffs and almost knocked off the #1 seed.

h3ro

Knicks are 4th in defense.

For the most part, they've been really great on D this year. Tyson has been great for this team and ever since the Linsanity weeks when Melo and Amare were out, the energy they've spent on D has been really fun to watch. I guess that effort was expected from Tyson, but I've surprised by JR on the defensive end since he came on board. He drives me bonkers when he has the ball in his hand, but I never knew he could play D like he has.

But please, it's best to not let fact get in the way of a good 'ol best-gaf lolknicks session.

Canuck76

Banned
For the most part, they've been really great on D this year. Tyson has been great for this team and ever since the Linsanity weeks when Melo and Amare were out, the energy they've spent on D has been really fun to watch.

But please, it's best to not let fact get in the way of a good 'ol best-gaf lolknicks session.

hahahahaha. Your team played amazing today and Melo was balling hard

I'll even say they have a shot at 2nd round if they're in 7th seed come playoff time

DY_nasty

hahahahaha. Your team played amazing today and Melo was balling hard

I'll even say they have a shot at 2nd round if they're in 7th seed come playoff time

Over/Under on Knicks wins in the playoffs this year: 2

Enron

Banned
Looks like I'm going to lose to Vancouver Grizzlies. Still, it was a good season. I got an all-white fantasy basketball team to the second round of the playoffs and almost knocked off the #1 seed.

Hahahaha, I just sent adamblade packing.

getout.gif

Championship game here I come, baby!

Which one was it? The guy with the voice box and hole in his throat or the kid with asthma using his inhaler pump every time his mom took a puff? Powerful ads.

This one had some woman with a horribly disfigured face putting in false teeth, a wig and then a scarf to cover the hole in her throat.

Now we're talking.

BTW, I had to listen to the last parts of the game on the radio. The post game analysts actually described Rose's game as "terrific". I'm not kidding. This fucking city needs to stop coddling this guy. He had a horrible game. His inefficiencies and lack of ability to get his teammates involved has screwed us. "MVP time" may work against scrub teams, which what they usually face, but a real team effort is needed. Also, Noah is the biggest pussy of a center in the league. Stop yelling like an idiot AND LEARN TO DUNK WITH FORCE!!! Also, get fucking Boozer involved. He's got the highest FG% of any PF in the league, utilize him more! Also, play Gibson and Boozer together more often.

Without Noah's offensive saving-of-asses rebounding and Rose's scoring, the Bulls would be a lowly 8th seed at best.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Without Noah's offensive saving-of-asses rebounding and Rose's scoring, the Bulls would be a lowly 8th seed at best.
I'm sick and tired of this mentality. That doesn't mean we just accept things for where we are. I want them to improve. I also care about winning a title more than our seed. Noah has to learn to get tougher in the post, stop passing up shots, stop ducking the moment. Dunk with force, and go up strong. Also, anyone that calls an 8 for 26 performance where the guy just looks like he's hellbent on taking on the entire opposing team by himself "terrific" is being ridiculous.

This team has shown all season that they can win without him, so all this "he needs help" crap needs to stop. It's time to start incorporating the other guys. At the same time, they need to be willing to step up. Deng is useless on offense, at this point (should have traded him, like I said), Rip just needs to get better as I feel like he's been getting the "just rusty" excuse all season, and Boozer has to learn to move without the basketball. Thibs also has to start dedicating a few of his brain cells away from defense and towards running a competent offense. Develop a REAL play to end the game, not a miracle Rose shot.

Vyer

Just beat Arkham City.

Arkham Asylum >>> Arkham City in every way possible.

Yeah, not that it's bad at all (had Asylum not existed, best batman game ever), but if you aren't going to go full open world, stick with Asylum's smaller environment. Both are going to be better than stuck somewhere in the middle. Asylum is a tighter, more focused game. I did like some of the new gadgets and combo techniques though.

I'm sick and tired of this mentality. That doesn't mean we just accept things for where we are. I want them to improve. I also care about winning a title more than our seed. Noah has to learn to get tougher in the post, stop passing up shots, stop ducking the moment. Dunk with force, and go up strong. Also, anyone that calls an 8 for 26 performance where the guy just looks like he's hellbent on taking on the entire opposing team by himself "terrific" is being ridiculous.

This team has shown all season that they can win without him, so all this "he needs help" crap needs to stop. It's time to start incorporating the other guys. At the same time, they need to be willing to step up. Deng is useless on offense, at this point (should have traded him, like I said), Rip just needs to get better as I feel like he's been getting the "just rusty" excuse all season, and Boozer has to learn to move without the basketball. Thibs also has to start dedicating a few of his brain cells away from defense and towards running a competent offense. Develop a REAL play to end the game, not a miracle Rose shot.

They have no shot IN THE PLAYOFFS without him, they might even struggle in the first round.

Rose isn't known for high field goal percentage by his dynamics and big-shot making can still change games. He averaged 8 assists per game before this game, not surprised he had hardly any this game(not sure the count) as they were out of synch with him as they were used to him not being there. I do agree about the "final shot" predictability though, especially when Rose is tired from carrying the team in scoring. However, I guess to his credit and discredit, if he's guarded one-on-one, he feels there is no better option as he can usually take anyone in the league in that situation and wants that on his shoulders.

Maybe Thibodeau should be blamed for that...

Derrick's going to distribute the ball more as he becomes more acclimated to the team. A lot of turnovers(he turns the ball over when everything is going fine anyway but this was excessive). A few instances, I think it was Korver's fault more than Derrick's but they just weren't on the same page and that comes with playing together more. On non-passes though, he has to do a much better job of taking care of the ball.

I don't think Derrick played "terrible" or "great", I just was impressed by his performance after having two practices and no gametime in 12 games. If he plays like this once they get used to each other again, it very well could be a problem but I don't think this is indicative of what it's always going to be like.

Rip is key in that(now that Deng is erratic---hard to say he is an offensive liability though, he shows signs at times---see Celtics game). It's hard not to make the excuse for Rip because teams need time together to really understand where everyone is going to be in given situations. However, efforts like this from Rip, is not going to solve any problems.

Noah is still in many ways a finesse player but he should try to finish stronger at the rim, more like Taj does(though Taj disappointed me today).

Bulls have a lot of work to do but at least they are healthy and have whatever is left of the season to iron out things.

I don't know, I liked City better. I thought it was cool to be wandering around the world and then be able to have a pretty open stealth sequence and find all these sidequests and advancements to the sidequests. I also liked the beatdown move though I think others didn't. Both had really good combat and both had some annoying stealth sections that I think need to be looked at differently.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
They have no shot IN THE PLAYOFFS without him, they might even struggle in the first round.

Rose isn't known for high field goal percentage by his dynamics and big-shot making can still change games. He averaged 8 assists per game before this game, not surprised he had hardly any this game(not sure the count) as they were out of synch with him as they were used to him not being there. I do agree about the "final shot" predictability though, especially when Rose is tired from carrying the team in scoring. However, I guess to his credit and discredit, if he's guarded one-on-one, he feels there is no better option as he can usually take anyone in the league in that situation and wants that on his shoulders.

Maybe Thibodeau should be blamed for that...

Derrick's going to distribute the ball more as he becomes more acclimated to the team. A lot of turnovers(he turns the ball over when everything is going fine anyway but this was excessive). A few instances, I think it was Korver's fault more than Derrick's but they just weren't on the same page and that comes with playing together more. On non-passes though, he has to do a much better job of taking care of the ball.

I don't think Derrick played "terrible" or "great", I just was impressed by his performance after having two practices and no gametime in 12 games. If he plays like this once they get used to each other again, it very well could be a problem but I don't think this is indicative of what it's always going to be like.

Rip is key in that(now that Deng is erratic---hard to say he is an offensive liability though, he shows signs at times---see Celtics game). It's hard not to make the excuse for Rip because teams need time together to really understand where everyone is going to be in given situations. However, efforts like this from Rip, is not going to solve any problems.

Noah is still in many ways a finesse player but he should try to finish stronger at the rim, more like Taj does(though Taj disappointed me today).

Bulls have a lot of work to do but at least they are healthy and have whatever is left of the season to iron out things.
I'm not saying "Fuck Derrick", but he needs to improve his efficiency. It's simple as that. Deng's shooting percentage has plummeted (it's an injury, so I give him credit for trying). In the end, other guys have to step up to carry that burden, including Noah. I feel like Thibs does a terrible job of taking advantage of guys who have the hot hand (Boozer did for stretches). They also need to stop relying on so much damn perimeter shooting.

Also, the team isn't healthy. Two of our starters are essentially one armed, lol. Unfortunately, I also think Rose's explosiveness isn't going to be quite the same anymore.

DY_nasty

Let's just let the NY fans have their awkward moment of jubilation for once without trying to be realistic

No.

Seeing Knicks-age in agony has become directly tied into my own personal joy. I don't know if I can be happy in a world where the Knicks are a successful organization.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Just beat Arkham City.

Arkham Asylum >>> Arkham City in every way possible.

this! pretty much

358bgh5.jpg.gif

I'm not saying "Fuck Derrick", but he needs to improve his efficiency. It's simple as that. Deng's shooting percentage has plummeted (it's an injury, so I give him credit for trying). In the end, other guys have to step up to carry that burden, including Noah. I feel like Thibs does a terrible job of taking advantage of guys who have the hot hand (Boozer did for stretches). They also need to stop relying on so much damn perimeter shooting.

Also, the team isn't healthy. Two of our starters are essentially one armed, lol. Unfortunately, I also think Rose's explosiveness isn't going to be quite the same anymore.

I think Rose is fine, he looked fast to me, got to the rim easily at times and surprisingly didn't finish as he usually does.

Yeah, about his efficiency, Jordan's Bulls would blow out teams when he had like 20 points as everyone was involved and they'd barely win when he had 50 and took over it seemed. I thought Derrick's efficiency was much better near the start of the season and now, it's kind of like it was last year.

The Bulls do shoot from the outside too much, maybe Boozer should try to get better positioning near the basket though it's not entirely his fault.

People will laugh but the biggest liability I have seen on the team in recent memory is the drop-off of Brewer's play. He was so good at the beginning of the season and now he's only good for his defense and not much else. Seems mental from the constant shifiting of his role due to the injuries but he needs to do more.

I get you with Rose but I think if they have all the time left until the playoffs as this unit, better ball movement and more variety will result.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think Rose is fine, he looked fast to me, got to the rim easily at times and surprisingly didn't finish as he usually does.

Yeah, about his efficiency, Jordan's Bulls would blow out teams when he had like 20 points as everyone was involved and they'd barely win when he had 50 and took over it seemed. I thought Derrick's efficiency was much better near the start of the season and now, it's kind of like it was last year.

The Bulls do shoot from the outside too much, maybe Boozer should try to get better positioning near the basket though it's not entirely his fault.

People will laugh but the biggest liability I have seen on the team in recent memory is the drop-off of Brewer's play. He was so good at the beginning of the season and now he's only good for his defense and not much else. Seems mental from the constant shifiting of his role due to the injuries but he needs to do more.

I get you with Rose but I think if they have all the time left until the playoffs as this unit, better ball movement and a more variety will result.
Well, as always, I certainly hope you're right. The problem is that the Bulls face such few quality opponents that it will be hard to tell. Brewer has been forgotten in the Bulls' offense, that's the problem. Also, I agree that Boozer seriously needs to learn how to get better positioning. He doesn't move at all without the basket. Although, there is pressure on him to keep the lanes open for Rose.

Well, as always, I certainly hope you're right. The problem is that the Bulls face such few quality opponents that it will be hard to tell. Brewer has been forgotten in the Bulls' offense, that's the problem. Also, I agree that Boozer seriously needs to learn how to get better positioning. He doesn't move at all without the basket. Although, there is pressure on him to keep the lanes open for Rose.

I know he's at times undersized but when giving effort, I have seen Boozer get great post-position right near the basket.

Or maybe that was just against Hansbrough and the likes...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I know he's at times undersized but when giving effort, I have seen Boozer get great post-position right near the basket.

Or maybe that was just against Hansbrough and the likes...
I just think they need a better identity on offense. When your system is designed around giving the PG the best opportunity to score, it limits everyone else. Boozer should move more, but how is he supposed to do that, and provide the space necessary for Rose driving to the basket? A clearer version of the offense needs to be implemented.

Top Bottom