• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

h3ro

I hope so. Karma owes the Knicks bigtime after the last 6-7 years.
Man, I sure hope so. The last 8 years or so have been rudderless.

CoffeeJanitor is subscribing to fables.

Never trust Molyneux. Never.

20111204-145111.jpg

At least let Boozer break it to Taj softly.

sex for money, money for sex

Harden will probably get the max. His efficiency is legendary and some teams that are struggling will feel that he'll be able to get up to 20-22 PPG without Durant and Westbrook.

pilon was right then. next joe johnson indeed

Yeah, but he's already better than Joe Johnson was in 2010 and Harden still could improve.

If he can get up to 22-5-5 on 61% TS%, I think a lottery team would consider that worth a max contract.

Dat Nerlens Noel with only 5 points and 4 boards @ the hoop summit vs Shabazz's 35 points.

Noel outplayed Shabazz as did most players. Shabazz played pretty horrible really, unbelievably bad decision making and destroyed his team's offense.

Yeah, but he's already better than Joe Johnson was in 2010 and Harden still could improve.

If he can get up to 22-5-5 on 61% TS%, I think a lottery team would consider that worth a max contract.

If he puts up 22-5-5 I can see a team giving it on potential...but if he signs a max deal as the main cog and puts up 22-5-5 every year that's not worth it then. Unless the team's winning that is...but I doubt a team wins with its main cog only putting up those numbers

If he puts up 22-5-5 I can see a team giving it on potential...but if he signs a max deal as the main cog and puts up 22-5-5 every year that's not worth it then. Unless the team's winning that is...but I doubt a team wins with its main cog only putting up those numbers

He probably wouldn't be that great as a first-option, but if like Cousins or Monroe or Favors has a monster year next year and their teams decide their guy is now a star and now they need a second option...Signing Harden for the max wouldn't be that bad of a move at all.

Hard to say what Hardens ceiling is given the talent around him. I think he has the potential to be better than Gordon...who averaged like 24 ppg at one point...

Hard to even consider giving him the max but lottery teams are so desperate for talent now that they don't really have a choice...

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7791431/dallas-mavericks-lamar-odom-sever-ties-immediately

Lamar Odom's brief and bumpy ride with the Dallas Mavericks has come to an abrupt end.

The Mavericks and Odom spent Easter Sunday working out a parting, according to sources close to the situation, that frees the struggling Odom to leave the team immediately without actually being released.

"The Mavericks and I have mutually agreed that it's in the best interest of both parties for me to step away from the team," Odom said in a statement to ESPN.com. "I'm sorry that things didn't work out better for both of us, but I wish the Mavs' organization, my teammates and Dallas fans nothing but continued success in the defense of their championship."

Sources said Monday that Odom's departure will be immediate and that the Mavericks intend to simply list him as inactive for the rest of the season instead of outright releasing him, leaving open the possibility that they could still trade him after the season in conjunction with the draft. Any team that has Odom on its roster as of June 29 must buy him out by that date for $2.4 million or otherwise accept responsibility for the full $8.2 million that Odom is scheduled to earn in 2012-13.

Wow damn

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't think I've ever seen anything so bitch-made, damn. Quiting on the defending champs instead of going for the FU ring, smh.

Its kinda sad really... Odom's been through a lot of shit. This is probably just the result of reaching the boiling point.

Its kinda sad really... Odom's been through a lot of shit. This is probably just the result of reaching the boiling point.

I think part of the problem is that he couldn't differentiate personal and business. If he couldn't understand that he was being traded for CP3, then I don't know what to tell him.

DY_nasty

If it isnt something serious off the court, he is a bitch.

His kid dying, that manslaughter issue, fucked up upbringing... yeah, he's lashing out in a bit of an extreme way instead of getting real help - but this is far from Deewighting

His kid dying, that manslaughter issue, fucked up upbringing... yeah, he's lashing out in a bit of an extreme way instead of getting real help - but this is far from Deewighting

Had his best season last year, with all that on his back.

Something new probably happened. But I dont think the old baggage did him in. His limited role probably has something to do with it.

Canuck76

Banned

Yeah dude has had serious issues/crap happen in his life. Moving around with all of that just probably took it's toll.

Something new probably happened. But I dont think the old baggage did him in. His limited role probably has something to do with it.
His cousin died then on the way to the funeral (IIRC) the driver of the car he was in killed a kid.

That happened in the offseason, sent him over the edge Lakers fo traded him then it fell through and it pushed his emotions in 6th gear.

Dude needs help.

dream

Seeing Jalen Rose in a suit, in the studio at this hour makes me wonder what a day in the life of Jalen Rose looks like. What does this man do all day?

Bishman

Fuck Odom. He was a POS this whole season.

Dallas will move Vince Carter to the 3 and Roddy B will get more minutes at the 2 with Terry. And we will have Wright playing more back up minutes at the 4.

linsivvi

His cousin died then on the way to the funeral (IIRC) the driver of the car he was in killed a kid.

That happened in the offseason, sent him over the edge Lakers fo traded him then it fell through and it pushed his emotions in 6th gear.

Dude needs help.

He did consider taking a year off but his wife convinced him otherwise. So she has to take some blame as well.

DY_nasty

People don't really work like that. They can ride with the level of shit in their system for years the lose it when they get a regular coke instead of diet.

He was past due. And he really should've taken that year off.

I hear Kobe's already trying to convince LO and FO to bring him back.
Dallas still has the ability to trade him in the offseason. He probably ends up somewhere undesirable for a draft pick or something. I wouldn't want to give back Dallas' trade exception for him in case Mitch can get a wing or guard for it instead.

If he reaches free agency then I'd want him back. Its too risky to give up an asset for him.

DY_nasty

Dallas still has the ability to trade him in the offseason. He probably ends up somewhere undesirable for a draft pick or something. I wouldn't want to give back Dallas' trade exception for him in case Mitch can get a wing or guard for it instead.

If he reaches free agency then I'd want him back. Its too risky to give up an asset for him.

I'd have zero confidence in Mike Brown's ability to utilize him properly either. He has no clue how to manage guys like that.

I'd have zero confidence in Mike Brown's ability to utilize him properly either. He has no clue how to manage guys like that.
Brown has trouble using anyone. It would more or less be up to the players assimilating LO. I think LO as point forward with Metta Ebanks Blake and Bynum would be alright.

But he's forever inconsistent.

KingGondo

Banned
Daily Thunder said:
Crazy: In April, Serge Ibaka is averaging 5.6 blocks per game in just 23.4 minutes per game. That's 8.6 per 36 minutes. Or 11.4 per 48.
Dayum.

It's gonna really suck to lose either Harden or Serge in a couple years. :'(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
No Dwight for tonight's game against the Pistons. Probably out for tomorrow's game too with the back spasms.

But it looks like Ryan Anderson is back tonight. Yay!

Top Bottom