• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The amount of players we have passed on or traded away because of Hollins love for Conley is sickening.

Yeah like, I like Conley but dude .. in Rubio you had the one superstar PG that didnt give a shit about being a starter and you gave it away for nothing.

I mean, I love Arenas, but backup PG has been an issue in Memphis for sure. I understand Lowry since I watched him plenty in Memphis and he didnt really do much.

giri

Yeah like, I like Conley but dude .. in Rubio you had the one superstar PG that didnt give a shit about being a starter and you gave it away for nothing.

I mean, I love Arenas, but backup PG has been an issue in Memphis for sure. I understand Lowry since I watched him plenty in Memphis and he didnt really do much.

I'm not even sure Rubio was the pick to take for them.

Steph Curry. He would be the out side shooter they desperately need.

But you also have in the year they drafted love, then traded him.

Gallo, (sort of redundant with rudy i guess) but Eric Gordon also?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I'm not even sure Rubio was the pick to take for them.

Steph Curry. He would be the out side shooter they desperately need.

But you also have in the year they drafted love, then traded him.

Gallo, (sort of redundant with rudy i guess) but Eric Gordon also?

Yeah but back then, there were several doubts about Curry. At the beginning everybody assumed Blake would go first, then Rubio 2nd, meaning he would go to Memphis and play with Marc Gasol (and he would have probably played in the NBA that year too)

Meh, not many thought Steph Curry would that good. A lot of people thought he do similarly to how Jimmer is in the NBA and that his ceiling was Mike Bibby.

giri

Yeah but back then, there were several doubts about Curry. At the beginning everybody assumed Blake would go first, then Rubio 2nd, meaning he would go to Memphis and play with Marc Gasol (and he would have probably played in the NBA that year too)

Oh yeah, it was entirely on. I was just saying, if we're re-doing that draft, steph's probably a better fit.

Meh, not many thought Steph Curry would that good. A lot of people thought he do similarly to how Jimmer is in the NBA and that his ceiling was Mike Bibby.

I always liked him, but i was never angry about the no trade for him. Rookies and drafting is always 99% guess work.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't think there was as much consensus with Thabeet being terrible as Shelden Williams.

People always thought that the landlord would be able to rebound and defend if nothing else.

Thabeet... everyone knew he was shit. Too old, too frail, no real skills.

Thabeet got constantly bodied by Blair in college.

Now while Blair was a man in college that doesn't make up for the fact that his 7'3 motherfucker was getting ragdoll'd by a 6'7 pf.

He got sonned to a new level.

He should've went undrafted for that reason alone.

Drafting Thabeet made no sense whatsoever

Fixed.

Bust has never been in bigger letters.

throw the ball into a healthy Dwight 20+ times

They haven't done this like, since he's been in Orlando.

Kobe's out tonight, shin injury.

Tenosynovitis is brought on when a tendon sheath becomes inflamed, which causes pain whenever the tendon slides in or out of the sheath.

Bryant first hurt the shin against the Hornets last Saturday (3/31), but played through the injury for three more games until finally shutting it down after limping through the team’s Friday night loss to Houston (4/6).

“It’s very painful,” said Lakers head athletic trainer Gary Vitti. “(Kobe)’s been playing with this and it’s not getting any better. The only way to stop it is to shut him down. That’s why we put him in a boot.”

The bright side to Bryant’s injury is that it’s not considered a long-term problem, and he finally gets some much-needed general rest to a body that has played 38.5 minutes per game in season, among the NBA leaders all year.

COTY Mike Brown on Kobe: "It's good for him to take some time off and get his body right and get this injury right."

And before...

"All of our guys, if I can get any of our guys rest of any given day or any given night, I would love to do that," Brown said. "But right now, we can't afford to do that."

Of course, only the Head Coach can help with that...oh shi-

Mike-Brown.jpg

The best thing about Thabeet is that there's some rumors that he was 26 years old before he even played in the NBA.

Nothing like taking a guy who has no basketball skills despite being nearly 30.

Barrage

The best thing about Thabeet is that there's some rumors that he was 26 years old before he even played in the NBA.

Nothing like taking a guy who has no basketball skills despite being nearly 30.

Thabeet is good because it shows the minimum a human being could accomplish if you were 7'3.

I do think he'll stay in the league. He gets nice numbers in shittier leagues due to sheer height (averaged 12/10/3 Blocks in the D-League). Some dumb shit owner is gonna see that "3BPG", and sign him. He'll play until his old body breaks down (which, to be fair, will probably be in 3 years).

giri

Thabeet is good because it shows the minimum a human being could accomplish if you were 7'3.

I do think he'll stay in the league. He gets nice numbers in shittier leagues due to sheer height (averaged 12/10/3 Blocks in the D-League). Some dumb shit owner is gonna see that "3BPG", and sign him. He'll play until his old body breaks down (which, to be fair, will probably be in 3 years).

Much more likely to wind up in europe than stay in the NBA.

Raging Spaniard

I give Mike Brown some respect for this season. He works hard and surrounds himself with good coaches. I dont think anybody expected the Lakers to be having this kind of year.

I give Mike Brown some respect for this season. He works hard and surrounds himself with good coaches. I dont think anybody expected the Lakers to be having this kind of year.

Kobe, Bynum and Gasol have more to do with that than Mike Brown.

Kobe needs to sit for the rest of the season.

He does, but he won't. He'll be back in 1 game.

I think it speaks to how far some of the west has fallen off.

Yea, basically, teams not named the Lakers, Spurs and an upstart (OKC).
The more things change...

Is putting on a jersey really conduct detrimental to the team?

Has he really been that bad this season?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
stevekylerNBA
Word is Chris Duhon was as much as 45 minutes late to practice on Thursday and late again today was sent home....

Wow. You're Chris fucking Duhon and you can't even bother to show up to practice on time? Twice?

Ish must have killed Stan's dog or something.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
stevekylerNBA
Word is Chris Duhon was as much as 45 minutes late to practice on Thursday and late again today was sent home....

Wow. You're Chris fucking Duhon and you can't even bother to show up to practice on time? Twice?

Ish must have killed Stan's dog or something.
I remember during his Bulls days, a friend of mine had his shoe signed by him. He was so pissed off at Duhon for signing his shoes. He never asked for that, lol.

Mxrz

JoshuaBRobbins
The Magic have suspended Chris Duhon for 1 game (2nite's game) for conduct detrimental to the team: http://ht.ly/aaycQ

ISH SMITH HAS BEEN FREED.

Duhon was probably out clubbing till 3 in the morning.

The revolution starts tonight!

Wait. Conduct detrimental to the team? This team? Now I want to know what that is.

Stan praising Dwight again. Just going to drink from now till May/June and be done with it.

Top Bottom