• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

WHAT HAPPENED

SOMEONE EXPLAIN

1 second left up by 2, Metta inbounded from half court right towards Smith who was guarding Barnes IN THE BACK COURT.

Luckily Smith wasn't paying attention cause he didn't think anyone would ever be so dim, and Barnes ran out grabbed the ball and the clock ran out.

WHAT HAPPENED

SOMEONE EXPLAIN

2 seconds left on the clocks. Lakers take a time out to move the ball from under their basket to mid court.

Ron doesn't want to inbound, but is clapping at the ref to give him ball.

Ron decides based on Mike's coaching to throw the ball into the backcourt where Barnes and a Hornet defender are. Barnes isn't paying attention and the Hornet player almost steals the ball in the paint.

Antics and shenanigans eventually turned into a W.

Mike-Brown-131-306x396.jpg

If Resumes had titles that definitely should be Mike Brown's.

WHAT HAPPENED

SOMEONE EXPLAIN

Lakers up 2 with the ball and 1.2 left. Brown set up a play where he subbed Barnes in and hid him in the backcourt corner near the bench with the ball being inbounded at midcourt.

My guess was he was hoping New Orleans wouldn't notice Barnes in the corner and would be wide open to run out the clock.

But someone on NOH saw it and defended Barnes.

And Ron threw it towards New Orleans basket... Like.. just threw it at their hoop. Luckily, Barnes barely outran Jason Smith (i think) to the ball and knocked it around enough to end the game.

now James Worthy and Jim Hill are talking about this play. Worthy saying worst play he's ever seen.

I agree. Never seen a more boneheaded decision in my entire life.

Lakers gonna Lake

Lakers proving they can out-tank y'all if they really wanted to do so.

giri

I just realised, if SAS finish first, we could have another SAS vs PHX final series.

This happens far too regularly.

hahahaha, Mike Brown just ether'd Ron.

Said play of the game was was barnes stealing the ball on Metta's pass to Hornets with 1.2 to go.

Also, confirms the play was not what Metta did. He was supposed to wait for people to move.

Emwitus

And atleast for once, blake was agressive. Made pretty huge backets in the closing minutes. But a turriblee defensive liability.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
bismack's a whole lot better this year than i thought he would be. promising player.
I've completely changed my opinion on the guy. I didn't think he belonged on the roster at all and kinda wanted him to stay overseas for a year but he's already a high quality low post defender. If he didn't have to manage the entire paint by himself night in and out then he'd able to do even more. He's got a bright future.

1 second left up by 2, Metta inbounded from half court right towards Smith who was guarding Barnes IN THE BACK COURT.

Luckily Smith wasn't paying attention cause he didn't think anyone would ever be so dim, and Barnes ran out grabbed the ball and the clock ran out.

Sessions looked at World Peace like "What the fuck is wrong with your dumb ass?"

Lakers don't win tonight without Metta.

STOP HATING

haha, i know. MWP played well okay. But that final play was something else.

Pau had 55 in two games without Kobe. Lakers need to feature him more when Kobe comes back. Few less shots for Kobe and more for Pau should increase Kobe's % too.

Pau had the big block at the end, too. Bynum played some good D the final 4 minutes, as well.

Blake came through in the final 4 minutes as well. Big 3 and a running 2 and forced an illegal pick/trip.

giri

Grizz in 6.

You think it would take that long?

Grizz in 5.

Tim Duncan 333333333s incoming

He and Markieff can have a PF shoot out in the fourth quarter.

Lakers don't want that shit either.

Let's keep it real.

If you want to keep it real, is there any team in the NBA that would want to face a Grizz with healthy gay and zbo?

Thunder want no part of it, SAS sure don't, LAC/LAL want none.

Top Bottom