• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Could somebody explain to me why Pop tanked the game tonight when the Spurs have opponents like the Lakers (3 meetings) and Grizz coming up?

Can't believe he doesn't understand what a ridiculously opportunistic position he's in to nab the 1st seed in the West.

Resting the Big 3 tonight wasn't a smart move and will cost them. Mark it down.
After last year, he doesn't care about the #1 seed.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Could somebody explain to me why Pop tanked the game tonight when the Spurs have opponents like the Lakers (3 meetings) and Grizz coming up?

Can't believe he doesn't understand what a ridiculously opportunistic position he's in to nab the 1st seed in the West.

Pop gives zero fucks about the #1 seed.

What happened last time they got the 1 seed going into the playoffs?

He's trying to get his guys rest.

1st seed = Memphis 2nd round probably, 2nd = Lakers probably.

If I were the Spurs, I'd rather play LAL. plus rest.

Canuck76

Banned
Can one of you draft guys tell me about what you think of Lamb or Beal in comparison to Wesley Mathews? I feel like Mathews isn't the greatest 2 guard but he's getting better and can at times drop 20+ points on a good night.

I feel like we don't need a ray allen/miller type 3pt guy we need more of a shot creator a la brandon roy (or it would at least help) But from what i see of Lamb he isn't the best iso guy, he's also a guy who runs off curls and screens and hits Js well.

I guess what I'm asking is do you think drafting one of those guys is better than simply letting Mathews develop and going for bigs with both picks or trading one?

pilonv1

Jazz won't make the playoffs, but we at least tripped the Win total that one nba-age member said they would get. I won't bring up who it was though.

I think I said the Warriors would be better than the Jazz. Don't think I said they'd win 10 games though.

Beal is pretty damn great, I like Matthews, but Beal could make one or two all-star games I think. Really tough and smart with a good skill level. Lamb I'm not as sure about.

Beal can run-off screens and be a shot creator off pick-and-roll. Lamb doesn't have Beal's ability to get to the rim or passing so he may be more focused on offball stuff in the NBA.

Can one of you draft guys tell me about what you think of Lamb or Beal in comparison to Wesley Mathews? I feel like Mathews isn't the greatest 2 guard but he's getting better and can at times drop 20+ points on a good night.

I feel like we don't need a ray allen/miller type 3pt guy we need more of a shot creator a la brandon roy (or it would at least help) But from what i see of Lamb he isn't the best iso guy, he's also a guy who runs off curls and screens and hits Js well.

I guess what I'm asking is do you think drafting one of those guys is better than simply letting Mathews develop and going for bigs with both picks or trading one?

Both Beal and Lamb can be either really good

or crazy mediocre.

Lamb might be one of the best in the draft at NOT giving any fucks but he has nice size, is explosive and can actually shoot. Beal is tough to evaluate because he had to play with two guards that would shoot all day errday, But he never really impressed me but IWMTB19 loves him so he probably has a better grasp on what he is.

Pop is smarter and a better coach sleeping than everyother coach in this league awake.

Smokey

and that completes a huge road trip for the rockets

4-0 against bulls, lakers, kings, and blazers

i would've taken a 2-2 split

next 2 games are just as big...jazz then suns

giri

Matthews main thing is, he can finish. Whether it means shooting, slashing, oop'n, he can finish.

He can't create at all.

Which means he's great alongside good PG's (dre) bad alongside terrible ones (felton)

He'd be an all star next to Nash.

Matthews main thing is, he can finish. Whether it means shooting, slashing, oop'n, he can finish.

He can't create at all.

Which means he's great alongside good PG's (dre) bad alongside terrible ones (felton)

I thought you said he'd be bad alongside terrible point guards.

there's a reason why he's gregg poppovich

and you are not

Canuck76

Banned

He can't create at all.

Sure, sure. Who would you take with that first Blazers loto pick assuming nobody drops and you got sully and drummond and lamb and beal there?

giri

Sure, sure. Who would you take with that first Blazers loto pick assuming nobody drops and you got sully and drummond and lamb and beal there?

I don't really follow the draft until closer to it.

There's not any easy way to watch college ball in AU.

Canuck76

Banned
Well alright interesting opinions. I feel like our fanbase desperately wants that Roy type SG that will dazzle and be the leader and hero the way Roy was. Mathews isn't that but to me he's still got good value and could possibly get better

I thought that the Odom trade was going to be great for Dallas, but it was an utter failure. If you would have told me that Vince Carter would play better than him this year I would have laughed at you uproariously. They should trade him for a pet rock if they can.

pilonv1

There's not any easy way to watch college ball in AU.

ESPN is ok, but not if you work, since most of the games are televised between 2-6am and 11-3pm. It's really frustrating, I loved the 08-09 season because it was on ONE and I could PVR it and watch whenever.

I thought that the Odom trade was going to be great for Dallas, but it was an utter failure. If you would have told me that Vince Carter would play better than him this year I would have laughed at you uproariously. They should trade him for a pet rock if they can.

Who would want to give up their pet rock?

Branduil

I've said it a million times. Odom will be traded to a team with cap space along with $3 million dollars. That team releases Odom, pays him $2.4 million and pockets $600,000.

giri

ESPN is ok, but not if you work, since most of the games are televised between 2-6am and 11-3pm. It's really frustrating, I loved the 08-09 season because it was on ONE and I could PVR it and watch whenever.

Yeah, and i don't get ESPN (i used to subscribe to the Foxtel over 360 package, but they aren't showing super rugby on that this year, so i cancelled it). So ... bleh.

Canuck76

Banned
Yeah, and i don't get ESPN (i used to subscribe to the Foxtel over 360 package, but they aren't showing super rugby on that this year, so i cancelled it). So ... bleh.

To be honest your not missing much. It's pretty terrible with a 35 second shot clock a lot of standing around, followed by a hurried attempt to try to find a good shot. I just watched a little bit to watch upcoming NBA guys.

giri

To be honest your not missing much. It's pretty terrible with a 35 second shot clock a lot of standing around, followed by a hurried attempt to try to find a good shot. I just watched a little bit to watch upcoming NBA guys.

Oh, i'm not really worried about it at all. The college ball i have seen is absolutely terrible basketball, and by all reports, it hasn't got any better.

They really should just make the shot clock 24 seconds. There's no real reason to keep it at 35.

Branduil

Oh, i'm not really worried about it at all. The college ball i have seen is absolutely terrible basketball, and by all reports, it hasn't got any better.

They really should just make the shot clock 24 seconds. There's no real reason to keep it at 35.

That wouldn't fix anything.

Branduil

Well, instead of standing around and dribbling it pointlessley for 25 seconds, it would only be 15.

All it would do is lead to less upsets and more blowouts.

College basketball sucks because there's no talent in it any more. Getting rid of the one-and-done rule would improve college basketball more than anything else.

giri

All it would do is lead to less upsets and more blowouts.

College basketball sucks because there's no talent in it any more. Getting rid of the one-and-done rule would improve college basketball more than anything else.

Up it to 3 years, make the players actually undergo 2 off seasons.

I mean, i get it, there's probably less complete and utter busts than before. But the one and done rule has done NCAA ball no favors.

Cloudy

Banned
Catching the 2nd half of the game, the defense is just terrible. And it's not just one guy or position. Everyone just sucks (Kobe or no Kobe). ZERO ball pressure and just lazy and/or bad decisions. I can't even blame the coaching. You can't teach athleticism or effort

We are gonna get hammered in the playoffs again :(

I've said it a million times. Odom will be traded to a team with cap space along with $3 million dollars. That team releases Odom, pays him $2.4 million and pockets $600,000.

I highly doubt this happens. Why would Cuban do this? Why spend $600k extra when he can just release him. Unless he thinks a really unlikely to get 2nd rounder is worth $600k.

The value of his contract is that you can trade him for like like $10 million in salaries and the team can waive him, thereby shedding $8 million.

it'll be more like Dampier trade.

Branduil

I highly doubt this happens. Why would Cuban do this? Why spend $600k extra when he can just release him. Unless he thinks a really unlikely to get 2nd rounder is worth $600k.

The value of his contract is that you can trade him for like like $10 million in salaries and the team can waive him, thereby shedding $8 million.

it'll be more like Dampier trade.

He's going to do that because he wants the cap space.

according to Chicago Tribune, Derrick Rose tweaked his ankle in the Knicks game and is in a walking boot. He's a gametime decision for tonight's game.

The play the ended the Lakers game

The look on Sessions' face says it all.

oh my god, hahaha.

1st Sessions puts up his hands in disbelief as the play happens.

Then he just stands in one spot staring at Metta for 10 seconds. Doesn't even move as everyone is walking back to the locker room. ahahaha

Morris' reaction is amazing, too.

Only MVVP can produce such a play.

He's going to do that because he wants the cap space.

The $2.4 mil might not matter, but we'll see. I still think a Dampier type trade is more likely.

Just finished watching the Spurs/Jazz game. Very fun watch. Jazz were incredible down the stretch. I'm not going to complain about the officiating even though it was very one-sided; I think we got the better calls on our home court too so at least it evened out.

I hope Pop goes all out with this rest strategy. OKC is only losing 1, maybe 2 games the rest of the way. Its just not worth it to keep up with that pace at the risk of injury. The only way it'll be worth it is if MEM somehow sneaks into the 3rd spot. I don't think thats possible if we tank enough of the remaining Laker games though so we have some control of the outcome.

Jazz won't make the playoffs, but we at least tripped the Win total that one nba-age member said they would get. I won't bring up who it was though.

We still have a chance homie. Just gotta go 10-1 in the final stretch.

Its highly improbably, but if we manage to get FIFTY in this type of season...

Hot damn.

Top Bottom