• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
NBA-age needs its own rookie rating.

Rubio
Kyrie
ugly mofo
Kenneth "I need a nickname other than Manimal / Savage" Faried
SHUMPSDAGOD

....****

Jimmer
Kemba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyIpOsEkN28

lol at that chop

thats some i been watching too much bruce lee shit right there

the more i watch it the more lol it is

Oh man, Dunlevy is lucky that karate chop missed.

Either Ibaka lets it slide (doubtful) and he gets thrown out of the game for getting his Jackie Chan on OR Ibaka stares at his newly assaulted wrist like Bruce Lee would look at blood he wiped from his own face and go hulk on Dunlevy leaving little more than bones and a jersey.

Does Dunlevy practice martial arts or does he revert to a 12 year old boy who thinks 3 Ninjas was an instructional video?

I imagine a trained fighter delivering a strike to someone's wrist like that could do some damage.

He's just white.

Jeremy-Lin-directs-the-New-York-Knick-Offense.jpg

"That's racist."

DY_nasty

hey bruh, you missed Chandler "bing" Parsons. Has to be at least better than Shumps cause, you know, he scores consistently.

Parsons is pretty good. Definitely better than Shumps on the offensive end and no slouch on the other side of the court either. There are times when I can't tell who's better between Parsons and Leonard.

giri

NBA-age needs its own rookie rating.

Rubio
Kyrie
ugly mofo
Kenneth "I need a nickname other than Manimal / Savage" Faried
SHUMPSDAGOD

....****

Jimmer
Kemba

Derrick Williams 3rd, Best-Morris 4th.

unfortunately, that may be realistic ><

This years rookies are pretty thin.

Kawhai leonard
Knight
Isiah
Klay
Biyombo

SamuraiX-

Marc J. Spears from Yahoo! Sports Experts on why Drummond should go #2:

2. Andre Drummond, Connecticut, Fresh., 6-10, 251 pounds, C &#8211; Scout's opinion: "He's very big. He's probably the most physically prepared guy in draft. You look at him and his body says, 'NBA center,' but his game doesn't match his body. In his defense, it takes big men more time to develop."

DraftExpress's rationale doesn't sound any less hilariously bad.

"ATHLETE AND JUMPOUTOFTHEGYMABILITY"

I guess he'll be less of a bust than Thabeet at least.

Kyrie probably gets it.

Rubio has been out for a while now and the storyline of Kyrie trying to fill Bron's shoes will be hoisted up all over the place.

Oh yeah, when rubio went out, it was handed to kyrie.
Yup.

I'm starting to question who was the more impressive rookie though. For the week or two before Rubio went down, I was starting to think Kyrie had a much better year, as it seemed Rubio was hitting a wall + Kyrie was carrying his team to a ton of wins. With the complete collapse of the Wolves though I think he was making a lot more impact than he got credit for, spec. on D. When he was starting we had a 60% winning %, when he's been out we've have around a 20% winning %. He covered up for a lot of guys shit D

filler

Banned
Just watched the Metta inbound play and the Dunleavy karate chop vids...hahahahaha. Best NBA! Don't understand why Dunleavy got T'd up for that, Chewbakka had him in a wookie death grip.

giri

Yup.

I'm starting to question who was the more impressive rookie though. For the week or two before Rubio went down, I was starting to think Kyrie had a much better year, as it seemed Rubio was hitting a wall + Kyrie was carrying his team to a ton of wins. With the complete collapse of the Wolves though I think he was making a lot more impact than he got credit for, spec. on D. When he was starting we had a 60% winning %, when he's been out we've have around a 20% winning %. He covered up for a lot of guys shit D

Rubio was by far more impressive rookie.

That doesn't mean kyrie was bad.

But Rubio made the wolves look semi-legit.

With the emergence of Pek ontop of that......

Derrick Williams also hasn't been the same since.

DominoKid

Andre Drummond is "Do Not Draft" status to me.

DY_nasty

If we draft Drummond, I'm gonna go off the deepend like the villain from the first Blade movie.

I didn't notice my spelling error.. i meant "tripled" not "tripped" , someone here said they would be a 10 win team.

Yeah, I was wrong. But iirc you were right there with me. A little less enthusiastic than I was, but overall in agreement.

I am laughing my ass off at the NO's play at the end of the Lakers game. There are no words.

Who the hell does Jason Smith think he is taking that shot lol

DY_nasty

Lmao @ trax...

And Parsons is not better than Shump...
Parsons is better than Shump in every way on offense. Unlike most rookies, he's actually taken over and won a game this season as well.

His defense isn't as good of course, but he's decent.

You guys are forgetting what Garden Mystique and Pringles does to players. Its borderline Laker-esque. Like when some LA fans thought that Farmar could be a starter anywhere else in the league or that Ariza was actually important.

DY_nasty

Oh god. Do I have to go back in this thread to find someone who said that? Shit. Shumpert does not get trashed for 32 or 34, can't remember, by Danny Granger. No way.

Pointing at a game of an obvious mismatch? Hell, I could point to Shump guarding Dirk and get the same effect. Parsons is an average defender. Shump is very good one - but lets not get it twisted, he's not the best defender on the wings in this draft either. He gets a lot of steals, but one on one there are others that I'd take over him.

What does Shumpert do on offense? Because Parsons has actually taken over the scoring load in several games this year. Shumpert does.... what? He's almost as inefficient as Kemba. People make excuses for him all the time. He is what he is. A good prospect with great defense and a looooooooooong way to go on the offensive end. Being a young Desmond Mason ain't a bad thing though.

Gabyskra

Banned
Pointing at a game of an obvious mismatch? Hell, I could point to Shump guarding Dirk and get the same effect. Parsons is an average defender. Shump is very good one - but lets not get it twisted, he's not the best defender on the wings in this draft either. He gets a lot of steals, but one on one there are others that I'd take over him.

What does Shumpert do on offense? Because Parsons has actually taken over the scoring load in several games this year. Shumpert does.... what? He's almost as inefficient as Kemba. People make excuses for him all the time. He is what he is. A good prospect with great defense and a looooooooooong way to go on the offensive end. Being a young Desmond Mason ain't a bad thing though.

He got a bit better on offense. There's this story that AH20 corrected his shot by telling him to put more arc into it in early March, and actually it really showed, he shot decent for a while. I just checked: 43% inc 38% from 3 in March.

D'Antoni was crazy for putting Shump on Dirk, that was stupid as fuck. Nobody can guard Dirk, much less someone 6 inches shorter. Put Chandler on him.

I wouldn't take anyone over Shumpert to defend a wing, except Tony Allen obviously. Iman busts his ass off. Knicks have incredible defensive stats that can not be attributed to pace, and it's really a 2 man show with him & Tyson.

Gabyskra

Banned
And I would like to be explained how Granger is a mismatch for Parsons. I mean, Parsons is a big 3, who else is he supposed to guard but Granger, another somewhat slow 3?

DY_nasty

Dear god... you all actually believe the Knicks are a good defensive team.
And I would like to be explained how Granger is a mismatch for Parsons. I mean, Parsons is a big 3, who else is he supposed to guard but Granger, another somewhat slow 3?

Parsons is a big 3? No. Granger is a big 3 - and when he's not utterly perplexed by the shitball that the Pacers play, he's still a beast. Its not like dude can't play anymore. Far from it. Granger's career success came from being bigger than 3s and too quick for 4s. He's the hybrid that most GMs dream of.

Gabyskra

Banned
Sometimes I just don't follow you. Pacers are playing their best ball since the Melee, and it's certainly not thanks to their supposed leader who has been erratic. How is Parsons not a big 3? He's 6'9.

And yeah the Knicks have been playing good defensive ball lately. I don't think they can keep it up for long, but it's crazy what 2 players can do. Shumpert should be a starter starting now for the next 4 years, if the Knicks go anywhere. Having him and Tyson on the floor at the same time is the only way they do anything if they have their 2 forwards for the foreseeable future...

DY_nasty

Sometimes I just don't follow you. Pacers are playing their best ball since the Melee, and it's certainly not thanks to their supposed leader who has been erratic. How is Parsons not a big 3? He's 6'9.

And yeah the Knicks have been playing good defensive ball lately. I don't think they can keep it up for long, but it's crazy what 2 players can do. Shumpert should be a starter starting now for the next 4 years, if the Knicks go anywhere. Having him and Tyson on the floor at the same time is the only way they do anything if they have their 2 forwards for the foreseeable future...
The Pacers play shitball. Borne from the Big Ten - that shit is just unsightly in every sense. Back in the 90's it'd be more 'tolerable' because it'd no doubt be accompanied by some form of extravagant thuggery, but instead its just a tax on the eyes. Granger has been the odd man out in Indiana for the past 3 years and still is. Indiana has simply got to the point where they're able to play with a (mostly) disinterested Granger. It almost as if they play around him.

Also, 6'9 doesn't mean a thing in the NBA unless you've got the muscle and mass behind it. Granger is a tank.

giri

I wouldn't take anyone over Shumpert to defend a wing, except Tony Allen obviously.

I'm quoting this on this page.

And i'm going to quote it again on the next one too.

Also, does anyone know the nearest mental hospital to gaby? cause he's obviously batshit insane.

h3ro

Dear god... you all actually believe the Knicks are a good defensive team.

Check the $tat$.

Wwk3G.jpg

hjQdD.jpg

I still believe it's transient, but they've had some really great games defensively this year, especially after pringles got the boot. Might be remnants of the dead coach bounce. Who knows.

giri

Check the $tat$.

Wwk3G.jpg

hjQdD.jpg

I still believe it's transient, but they've had some really great games defensively this year, especially after pringles got the boot. Might be remnants of the dead coach bounce. Who knows.

Haven't they also played quite a few offensively handicapped teams? like the pacers twice?

Not saying i disagree, they have been playing better D, most of the improvement has come from melo actually playing hard on that end. And tyson chandler being worth his contract

Portland (in their worst game of the year), the pacers 3 times, cleveland, atlanta, indianna, detroit.

Gabyskra

Banned
I'm quoting this on this page.

And i'm going to quote it again on the next one too.

Also, does anyone know the nearest mental hospital to gaby? cause he's obviously batshit insane.

That's fine. Who else would you pick? Marion? Iggy? They're arguable. Josh Smith played PF this year, but he's obviously the best defender around, and I would put him on a SG at times. Shumpert is a beast on defense. That was JVG's opinion last game too, not that it's gospel.

IMO

All defense 1st team
Rajon Rondo
Tony Allen
Andre Iguodala
Josh Smith
Dwight Howard

All defense 2nd team
Chris Paul
Iman Shumpert
Shawn Marion
Serge Ibaka
Tyson Chandler

I'll make the case that the reason Melo tries on defense is linked to Iman and Tyson. You can't see those two bust their ass off and then slack when your guy has the ball. It's contagious. I mean, Lin, Amare, Novak, etc, those are big time liabilities on the defensive end...

Top Bottom