• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

linsivvi

I'll make the case that the reason Melo tries on defense is linked to Iman and Tyson. You can't see those two bust their ass off and then slack when your guy has the ball. It's contagious. I mean, Lin, Amare, Novak, etc, those are big time liabilities on the defensive end...

I'd say it has more to do with the coach. I've been saying all along some of the Knicks problems can be fixed by just getting rid of that fraud.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Melo is only trying so that the finger isn't pointed at him. Dude was about to get fried... if the Giants didn't win then he'd have been fucked. Shumpert is a good defender, but I think a lot of it is that Knicks simply haven't seen anything resembling good defense at the guard position in a long time.

He gets a lot of steals, but man defense is... eh. He's JR Smith-tier - and that's hardly a knock. But there are a lot of defenders out there that are much better man to man. A lot.

SamuraiX-

Andre Drummond is "Do Not Draft" status to me.
If we draft Drummond, I'm gonna go off the deepend like the villain from the first Blade movie.

Still easily a better and safer pick than PJIII though:

7. Perry Jones III, Baylor, Soph., 6-11, 220 pounds, PF – Scout's opinion: "He has no heart, but he's the best talent available after Anthony Davis. Your owner could end up saying, 'How did me miss on this kid?' It's a gamble, but after a while if he keeps getting passed up it's a no brainer."

I wouldn't be surprised in the LEAST if the Kings end up taking this bitchmade diva of the draft.

Granger's career success came from being bigger than 3s and too quick for 4s. He's the hybrid that most GMs dream of.

i

Drummond mostly is hyped for his athleticism, but in his defense, he's really good at defending pick-and-roll and blocking shots. Could be a really good defender if he stops being lazy and soft.

DY_nasty

Drummond mostly is hyped for his athleticism, but in his defense, he's really good at defending pick-and-roll and blocking shots. Could be a really good defender if he stops being lazy and soft.

A friend of mine tried to bring up the Rudy Gay pre-draft stuff... the biggest knock on him then was " a lack of a motor, questionable drive" and things like that. But he could actually play. Drummond... you're starting from scratch. Even Bynum had something to work with coming out of high school. Drummond is a wannabe Amare.

A friend of mine tried to bring up the Rudy Gay pre-draft stuff... the biggest knock on him then was " a lack of a motor, questionable drive" and things like that. But he could actually play. Drummond... you're starting from scratch. Even Bynum had something to work with coming out of high school. Drummond is a wannabe Amare.

Offensively, he has no ability at all, that's true, but I think his defense is pretty decently along for this point.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Kind of has a Swift feel to him..

DY_nasty

jesus christ. when did he turn into a guy with brittle bone diseases?

When the Bulls locked up the #1 seed because Miami couldn't get their shit together. Dude is gonna get to chill til the first round then skin the sixers or knicks alive while getting into game shape.

KingGondo

Banned
OKC can certainly beat them.

but you can't tell me you'd like OKC to face them.
Nope, but we're likely going to have to go through either them or San Antonio, and I'd rather face the Grizz.

The previous poster's suggestion that the Grizz will tear through the playoffs in a max of 5 games per series is ridiculous. They're tough, but they're definitely not perfect.

Speaking of the Grizz:

ScreenShot2012-04-10at94834AM.png

Yeah, Memphis is getting the #3 seed. And you know they don't mind having it since that would likely put them against San Antonio in the second round.

Meanwhile, the Lakers play the Spurs 3 times, the Mavs, then the Thunder.

exarkun

i really don't want perry jones. He looked like he didn't give a fuck sometimes, and more than anything else i reall wouldn't want that on the rox.

we just need to find an underated white center. I think that would solve all of our problems.

I suppose one good thing about Walls season this year is that he hasn't had any injury concerns at all. There was a lot of talk about him being injury prone last year.

DY_nasty

I suppose one good thing about Walls season this year is that he hasn't had any injury concerns at all. There was a lot of talk about him being injury prone last year.

hard to get injured when you spend so much time looking lost

Gabyskra

Banned
http://aggbot.com/New-York-Knicks-News/article/16592275

Bulls’ Rose might miss Knicks rematch

Derrick Rose returned from a 12-game absence for Bulls in Sunday’s loss to the Knicks, but he may be back on the shelf for Tuesday night’s rematch.
The Chicago Tribune reports that the star guard was seen in walking boot Monday after he hurt his ankle in the 100-99 overtime loss at Madison Square Garden on Easter.
Rose is expected to be a game-time decision against the Knicks, who have two straight and are tied with the 76ers for the seventh seed in the Eastern Conference.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/bulls_rose_might_miss_knicks_rematch_o1CYZ4hO7Vyw6ffitGjobJ#ixzz1reQNtlva

He's just afraid of Shumpert

Mxrz

Duhon back tonight. Stan sounded "meh" on Ish's job lastnight. I guess he didn't turn it over enough.

Lastnight's rotation + Dwight would be nice, Hedo off the bench. But Nah. Stan can't trust these guys the fans want. After all, what happens during practice matters much more than what fans see happening during actual games, I guess. Don't question the infallible Stan!

Bishman

Nope, but we're likely going to have to go through either them or San Antonio, and I'd rather face the Spurs.

The previous poster's suggestion that the Grizz will tear through the playoffs in a max of 5 games per series is ridiculous. They're tough, but they're definitely not perfect.

Speaking of the Grizz:

Yeah, Memphis is getting the #3 seed. And you know they don't mind having it since that would likely put them against San Antonio in the second round.

Popvich will tank 2/3 of the Lakers game to avoid Memphis until the WCF.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I said months ago that if Rose doesn't actually try to act like a real PG, or at least if the team doesn't design a system where he can act like one, then his career will spiral down due to his injuries. Yeah, it was an obvious prediction, but fuck.

Nope, but we're likely going to have to go through either them or San Antonio, and I'd rather face the Spurs.

Speaking of the Grizz:

????? We've owned you guys hard the last few regular seasons. And I wouldn't put it past Pop to tank a few of those Lakers games....

The way I see it, only the 1 seed (Thunder) and 2 seed (Spurs) are set in the West. Everything else is up for grabs depending on how those teams do and which games Pop tanks.

KingGondo

Banned
Popvich will tank 2/3 of the Lakers game to avoid Memphis until the WCF.
I think most of the power is still in Memphis' hands. They could easily go 9-1 over the last 10 games, and that would force the Lakers to go 6-2 over their last 8 to tie Memphis and get the 3 seed with the tiebreaker.

SoulPlaya said:
I said months ago that if Rose doesn't actually try to act like a real PG, or at least if the team doesn't design a system where he can act like one, then his career will spiral down due to his injuries. Yeah, it was an obvious prediction, but fuck.
Bestbrook plays almost exactly the same way (although he's maybe a *little* less reckless around the rim), and he hasn't missed a single game since high school.

obijkenobi said:
????? We've owned you guys hard the last few regular seasons. And I wouldn't put it past Pop to tank a few of those Lakers games....
Shit, it was early when I typed that. I meant I'd rather have OKC face Memphis.

Vahagn

kobe doesn't pass the ball and half his shots are forced and idiotic.
and westbrook is dumbass.

Lol what happened to you this season?

Really angry that he cheated on Vanessa or what? We're squeaking by NO and getting blown out by Phoenix without him...a few years ago we were blowing out teams and winning 4 in 5 games without him.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@KBergCBS said:
Prokhorov on Mark Cuban competing for D-Will: "Let the best man win. If he wins, I will crush him in kickboxing throwdown."

If he dies, he dies.

Lol what happened to you this season?

Really angry that he cheated on Vanessa or what? We're squeaking by NO and getting blown out by Phoenix without him...a few years ago we were blowing out teams and winning 4 in 5 games without him.

what does the past have anything to do with this year?
i dont dwell on the past. i embrace the present.
kobe since all star break has been on that stupid scoring title fever.
taking idiotic shots, forced shots. stagnating the offense.
and let's not go into Dumbfuck's offensive scheme of getting kobe the ball
by giving him a screen at the 3pt line and "let's see what he does from there"

Top Bottom