• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

If you turn off the TV, and don't watch anything he says, then how do you know he's ALWAYS been a piece of shit?

It took about 6 minutes hearing him and S Smith yapping for me to know I wouldn't enjoy his particular brand of asshatness. That and everybody here keeps me up to date.

Not that hard bro.

exarkun

How is a 6pts/6reb a game center going to solve our problem of barely making the playoffs (or not) and getting shit on in the first round? I think it would just make the problem worse.

by white i mean hopefully Pek, and not Pryzbilla. You racist though.

LoL at Dunleavy, again. He was about to merc Ibaka for getting his Genuine on while trying to keep Dunleavy on the floor.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It took about 6 minutes hearing him and S Smith yapping for me to know I wouldn't enjoy his particular brand of asshatness. That and everybody here keeps me up to date.

Not that hard bro.
6 minutes and he's a "piece of dog shit". Damn, you're a quick judge of character.

6 minutes and he's a "piece of dog shit". Damn, you're a quick judge of character.

Yes because it is difficult to unravel the icon that is Skip Bayless.

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here but I don't do passive aggressive unless I'm dealing with my wife or daughter so move along.

Jeff-DSA

by white i mean hopefully Pek, and not Pryzbilla. You racist though.

LoL at Dunleavy, again. He was about to merc Ibaka for getting his Genuine on while trying to keep Dunleavy on the floor.

I wish Dunleavy's karate chop he learned in women's self defense course would have connected. I bet the grip would have stayed put.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yes because it is difficult to unravel the icon that is Skip Bayless.

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here but I don't do passive aggressive unless I'm dealing with my wife or daughter so move along.
Passive aggressive? What? All I'm saying is that you made it seem like you've been watching him for years, but according to you, it was just 6 minutes.

You called him a "piece of dog shit." That's pretty damn strong. All over 6 minutes of nonsensical rambling he probably had with Stephen A Smith?

Nope, but we're likely going to have to go through either them or San Antonio, and I'd rather face the Grizz.

The previous poster's suggestion that the Grizz will tear through the playoffs in a max of 5 games per series is ridiculous. They're tough, but they're definitely not perfect.

Speaking of the Grizz:

ScreenShot2012-04-10at94834AM.png

Yeah, Memphis is getting the #3 seed. And you know they don't mind having it since that would likely put them against San Antonio in the second round.

Meanwhile, the Lakers play the Spurs 3 times, the Mavs, then the Thunder.

Yeah...I'm not liking how things are shaping up.

As much as I want to hand Memphis revenge for last year, there is no benefit to having the hardest side of the bracket (again). If its DAL-MEM-OKC-MIA, we might just fizzle out. Whereas OKC might be looking at DEN-LAC/LAL-SA/MEM-MIA which I think is significantly easier.

Trying to avoid Memphis through tanking may be more trouble than its worth; we'd ruin team chemistry, give the Lakers (undeserved) confidence against us, lose HCA against MIA and OKC, and hell, MEM might get the 3rd seed anyway.

My number one goal is health so I approve of rest in just about every situation. Pop was not wrong for sitting out the big 3 last night. I just hope our B team can get some crucial wins so we stay afloat and snag that 1 seed...

Passive aggressive? What? All I'm saying is that you made it seem like you've been watching him for years, but according to you, it was just 6 minutes.

You called him a "piece of dog shit." That's pretty damn strong. All over 6 minutes of nonsensical rambling he probably had with Stephen A Smith?

Yup, in the last 10 years I'll bet you I have listened to him for a total of six minutes. He's a cocky for no reason douche who mistakes what side of the line between fans and players he resides in.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yup, in the last 10 years I'll bet you I have listened to him for a total of six minutes. He's a cocky for no reason douche who mistakes what side of the line between fans and players he resides in.
Like I said, you must have amazing judgmental insight on other's personalities.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Were these 5 minutes part of the 6 you used to judge him?

I've watched him for years. The guy isn't a racist dude. He's not. Taking a bit of pride that there may be a White American star in the NBA? Or at least, a mixed one? That doesn't make him a racist to me. The guy has always shown the up most respect for black players, and has never said anything I know of that would indicate that he is a racist.

Lol @ there being any sort or preference at all in the western conference. Pretty sure nobody wants to see anybody out West. The Lakers are getting older but don't pretend you want to see them in a 7 game series. CP3 in playoff mode is just terrifying to behold also. All you can do is pray..

The sad thing is that if Memphis is the 3rd seed, it really doesn't matter if the Clippers are the 4th or 5th seed, as they'll be essentially the road team in a series against the Lakers regardless.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Why

whywhywhywhywhywhy

ugh

ANYWAYS

Sam Vincent has turned heel

Huh. There's 400+ players in the NBA. There's only a finite amount of scenarios that any given team can pull off. Questionable moves are made, sure, but there's a difference between honing a skill (through repetition) and managing something (which requires a different kind of skill and talent). Amount of time spent at the office is a poor indicator of whether or not someone is a good manager or not.

Not sure what Vincent's point is.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I have full confidence in Mike Brown to get outcoached by anyone other than Vinny and I truly believe that Kobe is more likely than ever to shoot his team out of a game at any given moment.

DY_nasty

Huh. There's 400+ players in the NBA. There's only a finite amount of scenarios that any given team can pull off. Questionable moves are made, sure, but there's a difference between honing a skill (through repetition) and managing something (which requires a different kind of skill and talent). Amount of time spent at the office is a poor indicator of whether or not someone is a good manager or not.

His point is that he's mad.

Dude couldn't even tank right.

Lol @ there being any sort or preference at all in the western conference. Pretty sure nobody wants to see anybody out West. The Lakers are getting older but don't pretend you want to see them in a 7 game series. CP3 in playoff mode is just terrifying to behold also. All you can do is pray..

The Grizzlies are a lot better than the Lakers or Clippers and if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.

Ron Artest is kinda a dick:
"Maybe he can come back and be a ball boy and then next year, come play," World Peace said with a cat-that-ate-the-canary grin on his face following the Lakers' 93-91 win over the New Orleans Hornets on Monday. "That's what he should do. He'd be the first ball boy in the NBA that can play. Come back; get the towels and next year, play. Why not? He should be a scout. Lamar should be a scout."

Vahagn

A simple one...Michael Jordan, through his lack of work and time focused on running the organization...shows a lack of commitment as an executive and as a GM.

Much like the Jordan Brand...he built a huge business but was working on the peripheral. He wasn't running the business the way that Steve Jobs was running apple. He was the namesake, and put some time into it...but it was the folks at Nike, and others, who were primarily responsible for the business success. That kind of "I just need to work here and there because my name alone will sell and others will do the brunt of the work" has kind of reared its head in his executive work.

By all accounts, MJ lacks the commitment to put in the time and the work required to manage a successful business. It's hard to explain, but easy to understand.

It's very possible, the dude just bought the franchise because people said he can't. He wants to succeed as a form of competition. And we know Mj is competitive. We also know, that he's not successful, or committed, to everything he competes in because he isn't super talented at it and because he's not in love with it.

He was both those things for basketball...he wasn't both those things for baseball and being a GM. So he tried, he put some effort in, he wanted to prove the naysayers wrong, but in the end he quit...and his talent and perseverance and work ethic weren't on the level required to succeed. Same thing applies to being a basketball franchise owner.

DY_nasty

A simple one...Michael Jordan, through his lack of work and time focused on running the organization...shows a lack of commitment as an executive and as a GM.

Much like the Jordan Brand...he built a huge business but was working on the peripheral. He wasn't running the business the way that Steve Jobs was running apple. He was the namesake, and put some time into it...but it was the folks at Nike, and others, who were primarily responsible for the business success. That kind of "I just need to work here and there because my name alone will sell and others will do the brunt of the work" has kind of reared its head in his executive work.

By all accounts, MJ lacks the commitment to put in the time and the work required to manage a successful business. It's hard to explain, but easy to understand.

It's very possible, the dude just bought the franchise because people said he can't. He wants to succeed as a form of competition. And we know Mj is competitive. We also know, that he's not successful, or committed, to everything he competes in because he isn't super talented at it and because he's not in love with it.

He was both those things for basketball...he wasn't both those things for baseball and being a GM. So he tried, he put some effort in, he wanted to prove the naysayers wrong, but in the end he quit...and his talent and perseverance and work ethic weren't on the level required to succeed. Same thing applies to being a basketball franchise owner.
Its like people just ignore the fact that the franchise has a direction for the first time ever and that he's done more for the organization in 1.5 years than anyone ever expected.

But sure, whynot

oh wait, we were supposed to keep wallace, jackson, felton, tyson, and LB then go for the second round. doh!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Its like people just ignore the fact that the franchise has a direction for the first time ever and that he's done more for the organization in 1.5 years than anyone ever expected.

But sure, whynot

oh wait, we were supposed to keep wallace, jackson, felton, tyson, and LB then go for the second round. doh!

Yeah, I don't get the criticisms. He just took the franchise over and immediately started a full rebuild.

Vahagn

Dy, I'll give you that...

But "direction" isn't the same as success. And until he actually succeeds as a GM or owner I'm not going to give him credit for it...especially since we have years of examples of him being non-committed, living out of town, not really doing much scouting, etc.

It's like Lebron...dude will get credit when he wins...not when he's got the team in the "right direction"

DY_nasty

Dy, I'll give you that...

But "direction" isn't the same as success. And until he actually succeeds as a GM or owner I'm not going to give him credit for it...especially since we have years of examples of him being non-committed, living out of town, not really doing much scouting, etc.

It's like Lebron...dude will get credit when he wins...not when he's got the team in the "right direction"
What kind of expectations did you have? lol

Was MJ supposed to trade Diaw, Diop, Derrick Brown and two of his rings to land Paul and Kevin Durant? He already did the one thing the majority of owners are terrified of doing in blowing things the fuck up instead of trying to patch up a sinking ship.

Comparing a player's career success, especially a player like LBJ, to a franchise that has only operated under a new owner for not even two full years now is utterly ridiculous on multiple levels.

Jeff-DSA

Was MJ supposed to trade Diaw, Diop, Derrick Brown and two of his rings to land Paul and Kevin Durant? He already did the one thing the majority of owners are terrified of doing in blowing things the fuck up instead of trying to patch up a sinking ship.

Comparing a player's career success, especially a player like LBJ, to a franchise that has only operated under a new owner for not even two full years now is utterly ridiculous on multiple levels.

Patching what they had would have been like using a postage stamp to fix a direct hit from a torpedo.

Guys, the Bobcats had Felton...Felton.

giri

That's fine. Who else would you pick? Marion? Iggy? They're arguable. Josh Smith played PF this year, but he's obviously the best defender around, and I would put him on a SG at times. Shumpert is a beast on defense. That was JVG's opinion last game too, not that it's gospel.

wing defenderss better than shumpert

Sefelosha, iggy, marion, deng, afflalo, brewer, lbj, hill, lee

and thats with out having to think about it.

seriously, get off the kids nuts.

Vahagn

I'm just saying he's got a history of failure in this department, and until he succeeds...I'm not giving him credit.

Yea...comparing him to Lebron over two years is flawed...but he was a GM for a lot longer than two years, and kept stinking up the joint with his trades and draft picks...so the LeBron comparison is apt if you realize Jordan just didn't come out of nowhere to buy the Bobcats...he did have a prior 2010 executive record.

DY_nasty

Ibaka could've snatched Dunleavy's soul out of his shoulder if he wanted. They don't teach self-defense at Duke.
I'm just saying he's got a history of failure in this department, and until he succeeds...I'm not giving him credit.

Yea...comparing him to Lebron over two years is flawed...but he was a GM for a lot longer than two years, and kept stinking up the joint with his trades and draft picks...so the LeBron comparison is apt if you realize Jordan just didn't come out of nowhere to buy the Bobcats...he did have a prior 2010 executive record.

?

Jordan has never been a GM. He's only been a partial owner of the Wizards - and there it was pretty public how he wasn't allowed to do shit as he was overridden on several issues and was left to be screwed after he pumped a shitload of revenue into the franchise. With the Bobcats, it was pretty clear that he wanted Rudy Gay from the start...

The things he's done, mainly get people in the seats and un-alienate the area Bob Johnson fucked into remission along with the acquiring the personnel necessary... I mean you can hate on the man's snazzy fashion sense all you want, but he isn't even the worst owner in the conference. His resume as an owner, which is very different from all other executive/FO positions, has shown a commitment and a direction if nothing else. That's all anyone can reasonably expect at this point.

Canuck76

Banned
Interesting that Skip was saying that Blake would never be the best player on a championship team while nbagaf was calling Blake the best PF in the NBA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6qxdVt34f4&feature=related

Honestly i got caught up in the all the hype just looking at his stats. Dude's not the best PF and never will be ever. L.M.A and Love are both better than him. I never said he was but he's not.

Still a great player but poor defense, isn't clutch (50% ft). Just can't get a basket in when he absolutely needs to like Love or L.M.A can. and needs a batman or most likely a batman and robin duo and he could be nightwing to win a championship. Or some crap.

I guess Batgirl

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Bulls REALGM board is blaming the Rose injury on the season. The guy hadn't played in like 12 or 13 games, and injured a part of his body that had nothing to do with the original injury, lol.

Top Bottom