• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

diehard

Fleer
Faze is right, Playoff mode CP3 is unstoppable. Would never allow something like the worst home playoff loss in the history of forever or something... oh wait.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Faze is right, Playoff mode CP3 is unstoppable. Would never allow something like the worst home playoff loss in the history of forever or something... oh wait.

That was definitely the worst I've ever seen a team quit on a coach.

And then they didn't fire Scott until midway through the next season. It was amazing.

Barrage

Lamarcus has openly stated that he's "OK" with the Trailblazers rebuilding for a couple years.

Did Kobe seem OK with rebuilding? You think Jordan would be OK with rebuilding?

Portland will never win a ring with this clown as their best player. "Hey, I'm 26, my prime is ahead of me."

Tell that to Brandon Roy.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Lamarcus has openly stated that he's "OK" with the Trailblazers rebuilding for a couple years.

Portland will never win a ring with this clown as their best player. "Hey, I'm 26, my prime is ahead of me."

??

So instead he should threaten to leave in free agency and force them to make desperation moves in free agency? If the Blazers want to be legitimately good, they should focus on building a good core about LMA and that will take time.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

lol...

Redux

Banned

Portland had a championship caliber team going into the season then the shit hit the fan (multiple times.)

You're also slightly comparing LMA to Jordan & Kobe then you bag on the man for "being their best player."

Emwitus

Did he say he's okay with rebuilding while he is on the team?

Canuck76

Banned
Portland had a championship caliber team going into the season then the shit hit the fan (multiple times.)

You're also slightly comparing LMA to Jordan & Kobe then you bag on the man for "being their best player."

Ahhhh well. I'm sure me and relio would love to say they were but uhhh.......no.

T Dollarz

This is a great post.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I like that I didn't even have to make a serious reply to him. Thanks fellas!

Redux

Banned
Ahhhh well. I'm sure me and relio would love to say they were but uhhh.......no.

"Upgrade" at the Point (maybe I just fell into BEST-GAF's hype build up bullshit of Felton.) Healthy Greg Oden, Brandon Roy's amazing performance vs the Mavs, LMA finally becoming a superstar. I can go on. I liked what I saw from Portland last year being you guys had injuries, trade, management issues etc. so going into this year I was confident the Blazers would be a 2-3 seed.

This is great. Good moments i remember seeing

CLEVELAND FANS ARE WONDERING

IF THAT'S THE LAST TIME HE'LL TAKE OFF A CAVALIERS JERSEY

Will gladly retake the prick. Started watching basketball when Cavs drafted James, so I am extremely sensitive like a left ear over filled with wax.

In the meantime, you already know what it is. Mr. 4th Quarter Kyrie Irving. Cavaliers feel like a team now.

?

Jordan has never been a GM. He's only been a partial owner of the Wizards - and there it was pretty public how he wasn't allowed to do shit as he was overridden on several issues and was left to be screwed after he pumped a shitload of revenue into the franchise. With the Bobcats, it was pretty clear that he wanted Rudy Gay from the start...

The things he's done, mainly get people in the seats and un-alienate the area Bob Johnson fucked into remission along with the acquiring the personnel necessary... I mean you can hate on the man's snazzy fashion sense all you want, but he isn't even the worst owner in the conference. His resume as an owner, which is very different from all other executive/FO positions, has shown a commitment and a direction if nothing else. That's all anyone can reasonably expect at this point.

Vag actually has a point here DY.

Blowing things up is easy. Actually building something out of the rubble is the hard part. Jordan isn't a GM so I wouldn't put blame or praise on him either way, but the jury is still out on if this "direction" they are headed in leads to anything worthwhile.

But hey, at least you guys are better off than the Nets or the Pistons.

Doomsayer

"Upgrade" at the Point (maybe I just fell into BEST-GAF's hype build up bullshit of Felton.) Healthy Greg Oden, Brandon Roy's amazing performance vs the Mavs, LMA finally becoming a superstar. I can go on. I liked what I saw from Portland last year being you guys had injuries, trade, management issues etc. so going into this year I was confident the Blazers would be a 2-3 seed.

People here actually thought Felton was an upgrade over Miller??

LOL.

Their best line up was Miller/Batum/Crash/LMA/Camby.

With Crawford, Matthews, Kurt Thomas, and Williams/Smith off the bench they would have been incredibl talented and deep. Not to mention if Roy had stayed healthy... watch out.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I wish Dwight Howard was this much of a clown :(

Canuck76

Banned

Well to start they don't have a championship roster right now. They just don't. With a good pg they maybe could have gotten to the 2nd round at the very best. So either they rebuild or just trade him for a huge haul. That being said L.M.A hasn't reached his full potential yet. At his best the dude could be Duncan 2.0. He was drafted in 2006 so this is his 6th season?

They have a while before he starts going down in quality. And with the wallace trade and off loading of guys this off-season (getting rid of Jamal, Failton) they have two fairly decent draft picks and have some money to sign somebody else

So Conceivably they could trade the 6th or whatever 1st for Rondo, sign Roy Hibbert then draft Terrence jones. At that point it would be a few years of chemistry before they're firing on all cylinders. That's just one scenario but there are a lot of different things you could do

PG: Rondo PG: Nolan Smith
SG: Wesley SG: Elliot Willams
SF: Batum SF: Terrence Jones
PF: L.M.A PF: J.J. Hickson
C: Hibbert C: Pryzbilla

Dam son ibaka had a vice grip on him lol.

dunleavy-slap-h.gif

Dunleavy was like my favorite nonchalant white guy too :(

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I would love to get a troll win over the Spurs.. but it's not happening. Our perimeter defense is ass and their perimeter offense is awesome.

We be fucked.

Mike Brown is such an idiot. You don't let the opposing coach have a day to prepare for a different lineup. Pop doesn't tell the media who hes keeping out until tipoff

I would love to get a troll win over the Spurs.. but it's not happening. Our perimeter defense is ass and their perimeter offense is awesome.

We be fucked.

Troll win? If anything we kinda want you to win. Anything to keep you guys in the 3rd seed over MEM..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Vag actually has a point here DY.

Blowing things up is easy. Actually building something out of the rubble is the hard part. Jordan isn't a GM so I wouldn't put blame or praise on him either way, but the jury is still out on if this "direction" they are headed in leads to anything worthwhile.

But hey, at least you guys are better off than the Nets or the Pistons.

Blowing things up is easy? Tell that to Philly, Toronto, Indiana, Orlando, Detroit, and every other team in the league that's looked dead the writing on the wall but pretended it wasn't there. This direction is a hell of a lot better than Sacramento, Detroit, and Washington's.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Mike Brown is such an idiot. You don't let the opposing coach have a day to prepare for a different lineup. Pop doesn't tell the media who hes keeping out until tipoff

Troll win? If anything we kinda want you to win. Anything to keep you guys in the 3rd seed over MEM..
What if Kobe plays? Then what? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

giri

Dirk.

wait, Dirk whooped odumbs ass?

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/04/...d.argument.saturday.night.brawl.dirk.nowitzki

I would have paid to see any kind of fight between Dirk and Candyman.

I saw this bit of info yesterday on another site ( the place mediatakeout is claiming as their "source" ) and can't say I trust this rumor much, although it's not hard to imagine Dirk mushing Odom in his face.

And it's awesome to see Marbury getting a statue built in his honor. Even though his stint with the Knicks didn't work out, I didn't hold all of it against him and still liked him despite of it, I'm happy for the guy.

Barrage

Lamarcus "Take Your Time" Aldridge said:
Unless things go drastically wrong, the Trail Blazers will have two first round draft picks in the 2012 NBA Draft – their own and the New Jersey Nets' protected top three pick. If this is the case, the Trail Blazers' All-Star is all in for rebuilding. “I don't think I've reached my prime yet,” LaMarcus Aldridge said. “So, if we get a good group of rookies in this draft, they'll be able to gain some experience in the next couple of years and we'll be a force a couple of years from now.”

Lamarcus is in cruise control until 2014. Season Tickets for the "Gain Some Experience" Division Champions on sale now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Lamarcus is in cruise control until 2014. Season Tickets for the "Gain Some Experience" Division Champions on sale now.

So what do you want him to say? Demand that they trade the picks for overpaid over the hill veterans in a desperation attempt to win right now?

I find his attitude to be refreshing. It's not like he's not going to try, or the team isn't going to try to win next year, it's just the fact that there is a bigger picture ahead. Nothing is more aggravating than seeing teams make move after move to try to win it now without actually looking at the long term ramifications of the moves they are making.

giri

I can't think of a singe team that has won a chip where the player ran the FO.

The only team i can think of that won a chip once the star player came out and demanded a trade is the lakers, and they didn't trade said player, but got away with highway robbery.

Triple U

Banned
I saw this bit of info yesterday on another site ( the place mediatakeout is claiming as their "source" ) and can't say I trust this rumor much, although it's not hard to imagine Dirk mushing Odom in his face.

And it's awesome to see Marbury getting a statue built in his honor. Even though his stint with the Knicks didn't work out, I didn't hold all of it against him and still liked him despite of it, I'm happy for the guy.

The fuck?

Honestly i got caught up in the all the hype just looking at his stats. Dude's not the best PF and never will be ever. L.M.A and Love are both better than him. I never said he was but he's not.

Still a great player but poor defense, isn't clutch (50% ft). Just can't get a basket in when he absolutely needs to like Love or L.M.A can. and needs a batman or most likely a batman and robin duo and he could be nightwing to win a championship. Or some crap.

I guess Batgirl
Let's be real here though. Great players usually make the big jump in their 3rd year. Blake is going to be amazing next year.

Blowing things up is easy? Tell that to Philly, Toronto, Indiana, Orlando, Detroit, and every other team in the league that's looked dead the writing on the wall but pretended it wasn't there. This direction is a hell of a lot better than Sacramento, Detroit, and Washington's.

You keep talking about direction as if its been anything but losing so far.

The only benefit of having cap space and draft picks is if you use it correctly. Right now the record isn't great. Adam Morrison, DJ, Kemba, Henderson, the list goes on. All ass.

Somehow the team that gets FIFTY every year outdrafts you guys season after season (George Hill, Dejuan Blair, Tiago Splitter, Kawhi Leonard is so so much better than your shit). Thats not promising for the future.

I don't know how you can list teams like Orlando and Indiana on there (esp Indiana). Its been way more fun to be a fan of those teams than the Cats the last five years, and though there is a chance that the Cats will have a better next five years, there is nothing to show for that yet. Maybe the next 3 TANK seasons will give you middling players, and you guys will peak in the middle, only to blow it up again? We don't know, but at the very least the process wouldn't be so painful for the Indianas of the world; they'll be relevant, in the playoffs, and competitive. Thats fun. Thats exciting.

There is nothing exciting about the Charlotte Bobcats.

giri

You keep talking about direction as if its been anything but losing so far.

The only benefit of having cap space and draft picks is if you use it correctly. Right now the record isn't great. Adam Morrison, DJ, Kemba, Henderson, the list goes on. All ass.

Somehow the team that gets FIFTY every year outdrafts you guys season after season (George Hill, Dejuan Blair, Tiago Splitter, Kawhi Leonard is so so much better than your shit). Thats not promising for the future.

I don't know how you can list teams like Orlando and Indiana on there (esp Indiana). Its been way more fun to be a fan of those teams than the Cats the last five years, and though there is a chance that the Cats will have a better next five years, there is nothing to show for that yet. Maybe the next 3 TANK seasons will give you middling players, and you guys will peak in the middle, only to blow it up again? We don't know, but at the very least the process wouldn't be so painful for the Indianas of the world; they'll be relevant, in the playoffs, and competitive. Thats fun. Thats exciting.

There is nothing exciting about the Charlotte Bobcats.

It's funny watching you get so pissy over teams tanking when your franchise is one of the most infamous at it, and you know you're going to do it again when TD/Manu retire at the end of the season.

Barrage

I don't have a problem with Portland-they're gonna suck, it's inevitable-my issue is with their supposed franchise guy saying that being shit is Okie-dokie.

Lamarcus has an attitude that's great, if you're the team's fourth-best player. He's supposed to be the "Guy". And he's throwing his hands up and saying, "we got no shot. SOS. Bring help." Love isn't cool with being garbage the next two years. Nor is Griffin.

FFS, Ilyasova is saying he's not focused on anything but getting into the playoffs. He might not even play in this COUNTRY next year. So why is he so much more motivated than a "Franchise" guy, when his team was (at the time) 2 and a half games closer to making the Playoffs?

Lamarcus has the heart of Lebron James, and the talent of Shareef Abdul-Rahim. Enjoy the next two years.

Top Bottom