• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
holy shit, JR's argument is about being nice. Then, he defends Kwame Brown. Everyone in the NBA is great.

SAS is killing him. Killing him.

LeBron makes more of an impact defensively than Allen because he plays way more minutes. I would also use that argument for Smoove over Gibson though and Hollinger had it in the opposite direction.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So according to Jalen Rose, Ryan Hollins is good because he's on an NBA roster.
It's a bitch made attitude. "Stop being mean."

The man kept changing his viewpoint over and over again. This is a man who called Grant Hill an "Uncle Tom" in his fucking documentary. What a bitch, and he's saying that Skip and SAS are being personal? WHAT?!

So according to Jalen Rose, Ryan Hollins is good because he's on an NBA roster.

If he's comparing it to all basketball players, he's probably right. With some exceptions, NBA scrubs are really fucking good compared to the rest of the basketball playing community in the US.

Redux

Banned
It's a bitch made attitude. "Stop being mean."

The man kept changing his viewpoint over and over again. This is a man who called Grant Hill an "Uncle Tom" in his fucking documentary. What a bitch, and he's saying that Skip and SAS are being personal? WHAT?!

Jalen bringing up Skip's high school basketball stats is ridiculous and served no purpose. Skip is not or was ever a pro basketball player. Jalen had teary eyes when the skip/smith gang bang got going.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
If he's comparing it to all basketball players, he's probably right. With some exceptions, NBA scrubs are really fucking good compared to the rest of the basketball playing community in the US.
Well, of course. That goes for everyone in the NBA, but that's obviously not what anyone means. If I say that a player sucks, I'm saying it relative to other NBA players. Hell, compared to the other 7 billion humans on Earth, I'm probably pretty good at basketball, and I fucking suck.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I never thought that any point in my life someone would compare Eminem to Shakespeare.

And yet here we are.

You're joking, right?

See I'm a poet to some, a regular modern day Shakespeare
Jesus Christ the King of these Latter Day Saints here
To shatter the picture in which of that as they paint me
as a mother of hate, Satan and scatter-brained atheist
But that ain't the case, see it's a matter of taste
We as a people decide if Shady's as bad as they say he is
Or is he the ladder, a gateway to escape?
Media scapegoat, they can be mad at today
See it's as easy as cake, simple as whistling Dixie
while I'm wavin the pistol at sixty Christians against me
Go to war with the Mormons, take a bath with the Catholics
in holy water no wonder they try to hold me under longer
I'm a motherfuckin spiteful, delightful eyeful
The new Ice Cube, motherfuckers hate to like you
What did I do? (huh) I'm just a kid from the gutter
makin this butter off these bloodsuckers, cause I'm a muh'fuckin

Emwitus

Wow, just watched that first take. JALEN IS PATHETIC!!!!! I don't quiet like skip but what jalen did letting his personal issues into a asinine issue. Idiot.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Mormons are using Eminem as a media scapegoat now? When did this happen?
Never, really, but Eminem felt like they did. It was mostly stuff put forward by his own record label to try to make him look controversial. The vast majority of the coverage Eminem got for his lyrics were from fucking MTV.

Wow, just watched that first take. JALEN IS PATHETIC!!!!! I don't quiet like skip but what jalen did letting his personal issues into a asinine issue. Idiot.

So wait it's ok to hammer professional ball playrrs about their personal life..see Iverson, Allen but the media is off limits? Bullshit..gtfo with that mamby pamby bullshit.

reilo

How in the world did you guys take me referencing an Eminem lyric to Karl Malone as anything but facetious? Fucking shit.

reilo

MIAMI -- Count two-time Olympian and Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade among those who believe NBA players should be paid for playing with Team USA in the London Olympics.

Wade, the leading scorer on the 2008 national team that won a gold medal in China, said he agreed with Boston Celtics guard Ray Allen that players should be compensated for their time participating in the Summer Games. Allen first addressed the issue Tuesday night in an interview with FoxSports.com before the Celtics beat the Heat in Miami.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7801502/nba-olympians-compensated

Dwyane Wade and Ray Allen are anti-American.

giri

Why? You're not forced to.

EDIT: Although, if money is being made off of you, then you should get a cut of it.

not necessarily, when all that money goes straight back into the program that made the money.

But its still silly, it's the olympics, you already get 16M a year, wtf are you going to do with an extra 100k.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Why? You're not forced to.

EDIT: Although, if money is being made off of you, then you should get a cut of it.
I agree with this. Guys should be all nationalistic and stuff, but they should get a cut outside of exposure as well.

Also, teams should get some sort of insurance or compensation for international players as well.

The M.O.B

Meh, they already get paid money if they win a medal.

But every Olympian should get some money for making the team even if they don't get a medal. Some of these guys(not the bball players) train for months ahead of time while working a low paying job. They work their butts off and deserve compensation for taking it seriously.(Not just travel fare)

And the cut from jersey sales should also be taken into consideration, which atm I don't think it is for the Olympics.

giga

"I love representing my country, man," James said. "I've done it since 2004 and I'm looking forward to doing it in London. As far as (pay), I don't know, man. It doesn't matter. I'm happy to be a part of the team, to be selected again."
Shit, Lebron cares more about winning than Wade now.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Only in america.
Are you pre-mad about how Kyrie will turn heel on Australia's team once he gets a Team USA invite?

But its definitely not an American thing. Euro clubs from futbol to basketball, as well as all baseball teams worldwide, have believed that some form of compensation is fair practice.

Top Bottom