• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amare was playing good defense before he got hurt. Not sure if it's good for melo with spacing though. I think they need to figure that out but we cold use some more offense as you can see in yesterdays game.

Please. Someone. Anyone. Post the gif!

Defense1.gif

Alrix

I heard that Amare might return on friday.

Really hope most of his minutes come when Carmelo is on the bench. We need his scoring on the second unit. I would love for him to come off the bench like Ray Allen, at least for a little bit while he gets back into his pre-injury form. pretty sure Woody said this wouldn't happen tho.

Alrix

Amar'e was playing much better on D the last 2-3 weeks before he got hurt. He didn't turn into a lock-down, tenacious defender, but he was trying harder, helping and finally blocked a few shots. It was pretty much all since Woody took over, although that game in Dallas when he asked to guard Dirk he did a pretty good job.

giri

Amar'e was playing much better on D the last 2-3 weeks before he got hurt. He didn't turn into a lock-down, tenacious defender, but he was trying harder, helping and finally blocked a few shots. It was pretty much all since Woody took over, although that game in Dallas when he asked to guard Dirk he did a pretty good job.

In Amares last season with PHX, after Gentry benched his ass just before the all star break for not playing defense, he actually played decent D. To the point he wasn't a defensive liability.

He regressed when he got to the knicks.

He needs a coach that is going to force him to play D, for him to bother.

Alrix

In Amares last season with PHX, after Gentry benched his ass just before the all star break for not playing defense, he actually played decent D. To the point he wasn't a defensive liability.

He regressed when he got to the knicks.

He needs a coach that is going to force him to play D, for him to bother.

D'antoni didn't force him to, Woody does.

That little video about the Knicks season just now brought back all the emotions, both positive and negative, that this season has made me feel.

It showed the 8-15 start and I was like "Fuck..", then Linsanity and I was all, "Yeah!!", then the Lin-Melo-Amar'e issues when they were all back and losing, "Fuck..." and then Carmelo takes over, "Yeah!!".

What a season.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Woodson has been the defensive coach all year.

Nice try though.

D'Antoni had the final word though. If he told him not to play D, he wouldn't. He tightened up his D quite a bit after Woodson took over, to the point where even I stopped hating on him.

And I am not a big Stat fan.

reilo

If Bucks win, they get the tie-breaker versus the Knicks, which is huge.

The Knicks are 3-15 on the road versus playoff caliber teams.

reilo

Do these Eastern conference squads really count as playoff caliber teams?

Losses:

@LAL, @MEM, @OKC, @MIA, @HOU, @BOS, @MIA, @BOS, @DAL, @SAS, @MIL, @CHI, @ATL, @IND, @CHI

Wins:

@PHI, @IND, @ORL (day of the SVG/DHO debacle)

You tell me.

giri

D'Antoni had the final word though. If he told him not to play D, he wouldn't. He tightened up his D quite a bit after Woodson took over, to the point where even I stopped hating on him.

And I am not a big Stat fan.

That's quite contrary to what i read on it.

Woodson was the be all end all on the D end.

masud

Banned
Do teams a game over .500 usually have good road records against playoff teams? I don't really get the point you guys are making here...

Big game tonight. Knicks almost won in Milwaukee last time when they were in the middle of a losing streak. They're playing well now so we'll see what happens. Too bad I can't watch the 2nd half...

reilo

Do teams a game over .500 usually have good road records against playoff teams? I don't really get the point you guys are making here...

Big game tonight. Knicks almost won in Milwaukee last time when they were in the middle of a losing streak. They're playing well now so we'll see what happens. Too bad I can't watch the 2nd half...

The point I'm making is that the Knicks aren't very good and that they're terrible on the road. This game will most likely decide the Knicks' playoff fate.

lmao what was that pass?

knicks need to work harder on those rebounds. were lucky they didnt make them in otherwise they would have been awful

im still salty about that open triple early on this game though. ugh

reilo

are you serious?

olympics is big business and money is made off them during the olympics

Yeah, by TV networks, sponsors, etc. Wade should go talk to Nike about getting paid for participating in the Olympics.

Baby Milo

Yeah, by TV networks, sponsors, etc. Wade should go talk to Nike about getting paid for participating in the Olympics.

true

Nike is the one selling the jerseys and what not. I have no clue what sort of other revenue the players would bring in from the olympics

Top Bottom