• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I've never seen someone as mentally weak in the NBA as Lamar. I understand that he's had a tough few months, but everyone does. Most people, after a tragic death, only get a few days off before they have to return back to work. How coddled was this guy all these years?

linsivvi

Lamar should spend the entirety of the summer and first few months of next season working on conditioning and his mid-range and outside jumpshot so he can transition to SF for the Lake show next year.

Mission sabotage accomplished. Time for Fisher to doing some real work.

diehard

Fleer
I was sure the Jazz wouldnt be making the playoffs... but after looking at Denver's schedule i'm not so sure. Jazz hold the tiebreaker.

@ LAL
HOU
@ HOU
LAC
@ PHX
ORL
@ OKC
@ MIN

damn

There is one word in that post that does not belong in the context of the rest of your post
Well Barea seems to be the only healthy PG they have left. I'm saying that even without their star forward or any real PG, they would still find a way to beat the Clippers.

I remember hearing whispers of Artest back problems earlier this season. Thought it was just bs since Artest came out and said he wasn't in shape cause he didn't expect the season to start so soon.

If Metta is truly recovered, healthy and in shape things could get very interesting.

I remember hearing whispers of Artest back problems earlier this season. Thought it was just bs since Artest came out and said he wasn't in shape cause he didn't expect the season to start so soon.

If Metta is truly recovered, healthy and in shape things could get very interesting.

I always felt there was an insane drop off in his athleticism and overall game from just a year after his impressive run with the Rockets to joining with the Lake show. Not sure if it's injury related but the decline was massive.

In fairness to Lamar, I think that's a rich soil (his own brand) shirt and not an actual Lakers shirt. They have a bunch of purple and gold themed stuff. Maybe he had a bunch of them lying around and just threw one on.

In fairness to Lamar, I think that's a rich soil (his own brand) shirt and not an actual Lakers shirt. They have a bunch of purple and gold themed stuff. Maybe he had a bunch of them lying around and just threw one on.

Yeah my friend who sent me that link said the same thing just now. Damn it, mid day controversy before the games topic is over

linsivvi

That's the silly part of lockout. Why couldn't they let team trainers work with the players? It would only improve the product they are trying to sell, no?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/vdlr/lamar-odom-leaves-dallas-in-lakers-gear-44qs

enhanced-buzz-4019-1334179175-26.jpg

lol

Once a Laker always a Laker. Eat it haters.

I hope that's really all it is. If he even returns to 2010 form, I'm good with that. He still makes Pierce his bitch.

Back problems are a bitch.

And for Lamar, NS already mentioned its one of his company shirts...but he already knows where he wants to be.
Take some time, get your head right and be in shape for next season. We got one more run left
after we get a new coach

I hope that's really all it is. If he even returns to 2010 form, I'm good with that. He still makes Pierce his bitch.

Back problems are a bitch.

I don't believe a lot of things that Artest says because he's a goofball, but I actually believe the back problem issue. Yesterday was the first time that when he shot the 3 pointers, I said to myself "man, that form looks pretty good... Who is that? WAIT, is that ARTEST??"

Jarlaxle

Things are so tight at the bottom of the west right now. I really want our team to make the playoffs so bad. Tomorrow's game against Houston decides our entire season.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So how good is Noel compared to Anthony Davis? Could he be better or just a level below where Davis is at?
Never trust high school rankings

Also, Davis was unique because he was a 6'2ish guard until 2 years ago.

Canuck76

Banned
Never trust high school rankings

Also, Davis was unique because he was a 6'2ish guard until 2 years ago.

Defensively though how similar could he be? Seems to be as close to a dominating D-minded center will be in the 2012 class. And the whole "Davis was a guard" thing i rarely see in his game. Only holdover from that is his pick and pop game, guy also has maybe above average handles.

Davis plays in the post now the majority of the time and isn't like some incredible C size player with a SG style of play.

DY_nasty

Defensively though how similar could he be? Seems to be as close to a dominating D-minded center will be in the 2012 class. And the whole "Davis was a guard" thing i rarely see in his game. Only holdover from that is his pick and pop game, guy also has maybe above average handles.

Davis plays in the post now the majority of the time and isn't like some incredible C size player with a SG style of play.

The guard mentality is what lets him know where to be. Nothing is more irritating than bigs who don't know where to fuck to put themselves - a big that knows how the floor looks from the little guy's perspective is great to have. Noel's defense... it'd be asking a lot for him to be on the same level as Davis. Hell, it'd be asking a lot for him to be on the same page as Henson. Blocking shots in high school is easy as fuck. As a stat, its not a measure of anything other than a player's ability to put their hands up when a ball handler is nearby.

Davis knows how to move too. It takes the majority of bigs 3 years (between college and the NBA) to figure out how to not trip over themselves.

Edit: anyone want to take a wild guess at how many BPG Kwame averaged in high school?

Random, but I was looking at the 2008 draft class after Dragic's high-level play recently

Rose
Westbrook
Love
Gallinari
Gordon
Hibbert
Ryno
Batum
Pekovic
Dragic
Bropez
Ibaka
Lee
Mayo
Arthur
Asik
Jordan

Too early to judge and too many injuries, but it looks pretty damn great currently.

DY_nasty

Random, but I was looking at the 2008 draft class after Dragic's high-level play recently

Rose
Westbrook
Love
Gallinari
Gordon
Hibbert
Ryno
Batum
Pekovic
Dragic
Bropez
Ibaka
Lee
Mayo
Arthur
Asik
Jordan

Too early to judge and too many injuries, but it looks pretty damn great currently.
I kinda see this draft panning out the same way. There aren't a lot of stars, but a lot of guys that have the ability to be solid #2 guys if given the time.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I kinda see this draft panning out the same way. There aren't a lot of stars, but a lot of guys that have the ability to be solid #2 guys if given the time.

I am higher on this draft than most as well...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Looks like Rose is playing tonight. Thus, I expect plenty of isos, and severe lack of ball movement. Thanks a lot Thibs.

rage1973

You can't tell me that the Lakers are not championship contender this year.
Kobe has slowed down but his decline is offset by Bynum's rise.
Pau will definitely play better than last year when he was completely emo.
MWP says he feels much better physically and his play of late has definitely proven it.
Sessions is an obvious improvement over Fisher.
Bench isn't as good but hopefully Brown doesn't fuck it up and should limit bench minute to Barnes, a few for Blake and McRoberts in the playoffs.
In my opinion they are a better team than they were two years ago.

DY_nasty

MWP says he feels much better physically and his play of late has definitely proven it.
Bench isn't as good but hopefully Brown doesn't fuck it up and should limit bench minute to Barnes, a few for Blake and McRoberts in the playoffs.
I eagerly await the playoffs.

Once the season is finally over and the draft lotto puts me out of my misery, I can go FullTroll on shit like this. Can't believe so many still fall for Popovich's jive moves.

rage1973

I eagerly await the playoffs.

Once the season is finally over and the draft lotto puts me out of my misery, I can go FullTroll on shit like this. Can't believe so many still fall for Popovich's jive moves.

I am not basing this on one game.
What part of that list do you disagree with?

If Artest can keep shooting high 40% and flirt with double doubles then The Lakers are in really good shape.

But Metta hasn't done that in 2+ seasons. As a fan I'm hopeful, but as someone with a brain WCF would be seen as overachieving.

DY_nasty

I am not basing this on one game.
What part of that list do you disagree with?
The part about Mike Brown not fucking up
Bynum
MWPiece of shit
The bench isn't better - and that was a big part of what helped in the past, along with Phil utilizing it well
Pau is worse
Mike Brown has a history of ridiculously dumb rotations in the playoffs
Sessions may not be Fish, but he's still Sessions.
Blake is the new Fish
They can't put away bad teams or defend a substantial lead for anything...

If this team makes it to the WCF, I'll eat my shoe.

Canuck76

Banned

No way in hell they're better than two years ago. No fricking way

Vahagn

The still shots and video of Kobe coaching this team instead of COTY are phenomenal.

In the beginning of the year it was easy to defend him because our defense was so damn good, now we've fallen to below Phil Jackson levels in terms of rankings with other teams.

If you aren't an improvement over Phil defensively, and we know damn well you're not an improvement offensively, why the hell are you here?

Also, I don't think Kobe has the patience or desire to do it, but I think he can be a great coach in this league...or probably a better assistant designated to design the offense much like Carlisle was in Indiana

Something about the way Kobe's played this year too... I can't see him allowing anyone other than himself to take over a game anymore. Dude is on some borderline Glen Rice shit the way he handles runs.

Elaborate? You mean when an opposing player tries to take over he won't allow it? or a teammate?

DY_nasty

Something about the way Kobe's played this year too... I can't see him allowing anyone other than himself to take over a game anymore. Dude is on some borderline Glen Rice shit the way he handles runs.

rage1973

The part about Mike Brown not fucking up
Bynum
MWPiece of shit
The bench isn't better - and that was a big part of what helped in the past, along with Phil utilizing it well
Pau is worse
Mike Brown has a history of ridiculously dumb rotations in the playoffs
Sessions may not be Fish, but he's still Sessions.
Blake is the new Fish
They can't put away bad teams or defend a substantial lead for anything...

If this team makes it to the WCF, I'll eat my shoe.

You are saying that Bynum now isn't better than last year and two years ago?

MWP's points average has gone up each month since January and his FG% and 3 pt shooting has been very good since the all star break. You can watch him play and see that he had 0 lift earlier in the year. He literally couldn't dunk the ball when the season started and now has ok lift.

Pau hasn't declined in my opinion and his points are slightly down because Bynum is getting more opportunities in the post taking shots from Pau.

I think this year will come down to how Kobe plays within the offense and how well Brown manages the playoff rotation.

Top Bottom